Author Topic: Bargain Ribeyes  (Read 4647 times)

Offline thundley4

Bargain Ribeyes
« on: August 19, 2010, 10:23:25 PM »
One of our grocery stores, Cub Foods had ribeyes for $4.99/lb this week.  That's by far the lowest price I've seen in any stores around here. We bought 6 earlier this week so we knew they were good quality and bought another 12 today. Might see about buying some more tomorrow.  Just need some more charcoal, now. :)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Bargain Ribeyes
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 10:27:23 PM »
I haven't seen ribeyes that cheap, but I can get eye of chuck for that price.  Good stuff.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 11:03:56 PM »
One of our grocery stores, Cub Foods had ribeyes for $4.99/lb this week.  That's by far the lowest price I've seen in any stores around here. We bought 6 earlier this week so we knew they were good quality and bought another 12 today. Might see about buying some more tomorrow.  Just need some more charcoal, now. :)

I SO miss Cub Foods.......
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 08:22:08 AM »
Ribeyes are $3.99 lb here this week  :tongue:

Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 08:54:11 AM »
I have plenty of ribeyes.  Tom Thumb in my neck of the woods has boneless leg o lamb for 4.99 a pound.  WOOT!
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 09:44:00 AM »
I have plenty of ribeyes.  Tom Thumb in my neck of the woods has boneless leg o lamb for 4.99 a pound.  WOOT!

I may have to make a trip to Dallas area. Cheapest I can find lamb for around here is $10/lb..... I've always hated Texomaland for that.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 10:39:56 AM »
Ribeyes at Hannaford's are $8.49/lb, but I did get $2 off coupons on the 4 I bought because they were out there a while...use or freeze right away kinda deal.

Lobsters, OTOH, are $4.50/lb. 

Your choice.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 10:49:27 AM »
I may have to make a trip to Dallas area. Cheapest I can find lamb for around here is $10/lb..... I've always hated Texomaland for that.

Thor, I just checked, and you can get it in McKinney for that price, right off of 380, so you don't have to go too far into suburban hell.  5.49 lb for boneless, 4.99 for semi boneless. 

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 10:50:14 AM »
Ribeyes at Hannaford's are $8.49/lb, but I did get $2 off coupons on the 4 I bought because they were out there a while...use or freeze right away kinda deal.

Lobsters, OTOH, are $4.50/lb. 

Your choice.

Sparky, will ya lay off the lobster talk?  Sheesh!

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 11:00:46 AM »
Sparky, will ya lay off the lobster talk?  Sheesh!

I wasn't TALKING about them...nope, no siree...
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline debk

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 11:02:21 AM »

I wasn't TALKING about them...nope, no siree...

:bitchslap:

Sparky, I swear to God, I'm gonna smack you up the side of the head, and put you in time out, if you don't stop with the lobster!!!

:bawl: :bawl: :bawl:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 11:02:54 AM »
You're killing me with the Lobster Rolls, damnit!!!!!  :drool:
Piney Power!!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 11:19:47 AM »
:bitchslap:

Sparky, I swear to God, I'm gonna smack you up the side of the head, and put you in time out, if you don't stop with the lobster!!!

:bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

Oh, okay, jeez...no more lobster.

How about Bob's Clam Hut instead?

Offline debk

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2010, 11:29:41 AM »
Oh, okay, jeez...no more lobster.

How about Bob's Clam Hut instead?

:thatsright:

Give me strength, Lord....I know he's incorrigible, but sometimes he could try even Your patience!!

:-*
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2010, 11:31:12 AM »
Sparky -- we're going here this weekend, you've made up my mind!

Piney Power!!

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2010, 12:00:13 PM »
Thor, I just checked, and you can get it in McKinney for that price, right off of 380, so you don't have to go too far into suburban hell.  5.49 lb for boneless, 4.99 for semi boneless. 

Apparently you haven't been to McKinney in a while........ 380 is a disaster area with all of the construction. That's where my bank is. 121 is even worse.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2010, 12:31:29 PM »
Apparently you haven't been to McKinney in a while........ 380 is a disaster area with all of the construction. That's where my bank is. 121 is even worse.

Uh, nope.  I cannot tolerate driving north on 45.  I don't go past Parker if I can help it.  There's one in Gainesville?

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2010, 05:18:48 PM »
You got boiled lobster, fried lobster, sauteed lobster, lobster bisque, lobster sandwich, lobster rangoon.....

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2010, 05:53:39 PM »
Uh, nope.  I cannot tolerate driving north on 45.  I don't go past Parker if I can help it.  There's one in Gainesville?

Gainesville is worse than Sherman/ Denison. Besides, it's NOT "I-45" after one gets into Dallas. It turns into state hwy 75..........  :tongue: Beats me as to why that is, must have been some dumbass Yankee in charge when they made that change.  :fuelfire:

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2010, 08:52:16 PM »

121 sucks ass. Just got back from dinner in Frisco with the gf. 380 isn't too bad, at least the parts I drive (between 35 and DNT). I hate the PGBT as you know from Facebook. Unfortunately I have to drive 121 or PGBT at least once a week.  :banghead:

Good thing most things are kosher anyways. I'd hate to have to drive to Richardson to do my grocery shopping.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2010, 08:07:43 PM »

Our Albertson's has prices like that around holiday weekends. The meat is always really good.