Author Topic: Father's Day Weekend  (Read 13112 times)

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Father's Day Weekend
« on: June 21, 2013, 01:38:42 PM »
Just thought I'd share. I've done a thread on this area before, but it's always such a fantastic trip, I just can't help myself.   :yahoo:

We start out at around 5500 ft. This is the "trail" which is actually an access road for PG&E and the land owners in the area

There are beautiful meadows along the way. This one has a name, but it escapes now.

After a 3+ mile hike we arrive.

My buddy got there about 1 1/2 hours after us. Even his dog(s) loved it!

“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Re: Father's Day Weekend
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 01:39:44 PM »
Picturesque !
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Wineslob

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 01:43:18 PM »
That night we had the fire going, and cracked a few beers. The kidlet was a bit cold.

DINNER!

Here is my friends daughter trying to get a few fish.

She caught a couple, but the "old guys" out fished the ladies. The secret? They didn't got out in a raft.

“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

Offline Wineslob

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 01:47:10 PM »
We had a GREAT time even though my daughter said she was "bored"  :whatever: a few times. How can you be bored with all the fishing to do?   :???:

Sunday we trekked out and sadly said goodbye till next year.

:cheersmate:

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 02:07:09 PM »
I love this.   :cheersmate:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 02:09:48 PM »
Great stuff. They will cherish this memory, maybe sooner than you think.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Wineslob

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 03:29:47 PM »
Great stuff. They will cherish this memory, maybe sooner than you think.

It's exactly what my parents did for me. Yosemite from the time I was 3-4 YO, back when you could just "show up" and get a campsite, to the mid 70's and backpacking into Desolation Wilderness, then on to the 80's where my buddy and I hooked up after highschool and he showed me you don't NEED "backpacking food" and WTF!? you don't bring a flask and a few beers!????

Ya, he taught me how to backpack the right way.    :rofl: Also showed me how to troll these high altitude lakes with a raft and knock the crap out of the fish.   :yahoo:

Oh, the girls got like 2 fish each, we got 2 LIMITS ea (ate the first limit(s) for Saturday dinner). Rainbows and Kamloop Trout up 16 in.  :hyper:

Here's the fishing "rig": 

Kidlet took a self portrait:

The dog, Bodie, would NOT leave the fish or rafts alone. He pretty much hung out at the edge of the lake. Crazy dog.    :whatever:

« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 03:37:32 PM by Wineslob »

Offline here

• In case anyone ever asks, I wasn't really here
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 03:47:56 PM »
That's so cool to have the place to yourselves

Offline Wineslob

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 04:29:48 PM »
That's so cool to have the place to yourselves

It's been like this for 30 years. Now and then other "packers" will camp, but leave the next day. One of the other sites is directly across from where we camp. For some reason most people go up to the lake above (1/4 mile) or a little farther. Donno why, but I'll deal with it.   :-)