Author Topic: We can't cope with this tide! Europe's despairing leaders bring back border cont  (Read 12139 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
We can't cope with this tide! Europe's despairing leaders bring back border controls with free-movement zone on brink of collapse
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3220341/We-t-cope-tide-Europe-s-despairing-leaders-bring-border-controls-free-movement-zone-brink-collapse.html

Europe's migrant crisis escalated last night as border controls were reintroduced and Germany admitted it could no longer cope with the influx.

Berlin had sought to criticise others – including Britain – for not taking in enough refugees after it announced it would no longer deport those coming from Syria.

But the EU’s passport-free travel zone was on the brink of collapse after Germany was forced to ask Italy to tighten border controls.

Illegal immigration is a huge problem in Europe.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 07:15:27 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline libertybele

Gee!  Border control. What a concept.
I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
It wasn't long ago that the rest of the world was chiding the US about trying to control it's borders.
I can't tell if it's a case of what's good for the goose is good for the gander...
Or, if it's a goose who got the old switcheroo.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
The EU is finding out what it's like to have a third-world country on their border.  Unfortunately, all the European liberals want to let them in unfettered.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Boudicca

I think we ought to make a distinction between what the asshats in different governments proclaim, and the sentiments of ordinary Europeans...I was in southern Europe late July through first week of August...12 days altogether.  Every single tour guide daughter and I listened to addressed the crushing tide of "migrants" in their various countries.  We were in Croatia, Macedonia, Greece, Italy, Monaco, France and Spain.  Do youall realize how difficult it is to book a southern Med cruise without a port call in some islamic dominated hellhole?  It was rough.  Anyway, none of the regular folks I spoke with in the restaurants, stores, etc., were at all thrilled with the human flotsam washing ashore thanks to the internal religious driven terror within their countries.  I admire the Hungarians for taking a stand.  I could be wrong, but am fairly confident their government was a whole lot less critical of Arizona when she attempted to implement some basic border safety procedures.  Total disclosure:  my mom's parents came, separately, from Hungary with their families in the 1920's.  They came LEGALLY, without US welfare aid or "language" assistance.  The horde swarming across our southern border doesn't even have the excuse, as do these Muslim asylum seekers, of an immediate threat to life or limb as do the masses storming European beaches. 

Hungary's stand against being overwhelmed by Muslims is admirable.  As for the German government's (Merkel's) admonition for all the EU to share the burden, well, having lived for 9 years in Germany in the 80's and 90's, even back then it was impossible to find a regular citizen who wanted to admit even MORE un European migrants.  As for the age old question of how these politicians get elected in the first place, maybe the answer lies in the uberliberal cities, whether in Europe or the USA.  I sure as hell never pulled the lever for some asshole bleeding heart pol, but apparently my vote wasn't amplified by a factor of 10 or whatever measure the libs use to stuff the ballot box.

I truly believe that the rise of Sanders, Fiorina, Trump and Carson represents the revulsion and revolution against politics, and politicians, as usual.

We've met the European liberals, and they are our liberals.  Which proves that liberals are idiots totally detached from reality even if separated by an entire ocean.
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
The EU is finding out what it's like to have a third-world country on their border.  Unfortunately, all the European liberals want to let them in unfettered.

And we've given Germany ready made areas to house them.  They are using bases we've closed to house the refugees.  Three installations in Heidelberg (Wilson Barracks the old garrison post...Kilbourne Kaserne where 1st Personnel Command was stationed and Patrick Henry Village where we used to have housing for soldiers.  All have gyms and PT fields and nice sturdy building for them to live in...some of which we were still doing repairs on as we were closing them.

The Germans are also using the old Schwienfurt and Bamberg Army posts to house these "refugees".

A friend of mine that lives near Heidelberg sent me this over the weekend.

We drove by Kilbourne yesterday and it has turned into a dump! The polizei sent over twenty cars to PHV again on Thursday night because of fights breaking out. The small neighboring town next to us have 50 refugees and the polizie had to break up a knife fight last weekend. There were two incidents in another part of Germany where over two hundred refugees disappeared from their kasernes BEFORE they were registered!

Welcome to the invasion.  It's really making me ready to leave Europe...but I'm afraid it's going to be just as bad in the States.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Welcome to the invasion.  It's really making me ready to leave Europe...but I'm afraid it's going to be just as bad in the States.

I had to H5 Boudicca above for her dead-on comment.  Also, Dragoon, you might ask your German friends what their views are on self-defense; specifically, our 2nd Amendment.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
I had to H5 Boudicca above for her dead-on comment.  Also, Dragoon, you might ask your German friends what their views are on self-defense; specifically, our 2nd Amendment.

She's half German half American. Graduated from the Hanau American HS. Served in the USAF.  She's as pro 2nd Amendment as you'll find.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Boudicca

And we've given Germany ready made areas to house them.  They are using bases we've closed to house the refugees.  Three installations in Heidelberg (Wilson Barracks the old garrison post...Kilbourne Kaserne where 1st Personnel Command was stationed and Patrick Henry Village where we used to have housing for soldiers.  All have gyms and PT fields and nice sturdy building for them to live in...some of which we were still doing repairs on as we were closing them.

The Germans are also using the old Schwienfurt and Bamberg Army posts to house these "refugees".

A friend of mine that lives near Heidelberg sent me this over the weekend.

Just came back to this thread...what you wrote makes me remember having to uproot our housing in Augsburg, circa early 1995, in order to move less than 1/3 of a mile away to another US Army housing development.  Reason?  Germany's government was resettling a bunch of Bosnian refugees in our old housing, but not before bringing it up to "standard" for these people, even though it was perfectly adequate when WE were living there. 

I may have posted this previously, if so, sorry for the repeat, but it bears repeating:  in Nov 1985 we were shopping at the Frankfurt commissary complex (gas station, groceries, PX, laundry, etc.).  As I carried our 6-month old daughter out of the commissary, accompanied by my husband and the bagger, we reeled back from the roar and heat of an enormous column of fire.  As it turns out, some Muslim terrorist sneaked into Germany using a FALSE passport and planted a bomb in some car parked very close to the gas station pumps.  Thirty-three innocent civilians were hurt, 9 of them children and some very seriously.  Less important was the complete or partial destruction of 42 vehicles, including hubby's other baby, his CJ-7 Renegade.  It was no thanks to this terrorist's intentions that no one was murdered.
Muslims have managed to attack Europe and decent civilization since they first poured out of their country before 700 A.D.  I guess I'd better add the caveat of of course some are decent people looking for a better life.  And these latest refugees ARE for the most part desperate to reach safety.  While I can't blame them, I DO blame the Gulf Arab States for not taking in ANY of them.  The damn ****ing Saudis just assured Europe they would help  BY BUILDING 200 MOSQUES IN GERMANY.  Caliphate anyone?  We are witnessing the pace pick up in the Islamization of Europe and at this rate they'll all be coming here to escape the Muslims in their nations. :thatsright:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/europe/Saudi-Arabia-offers-Germany-200-mosques-one-for-every-100-refugees-who-arrived-last-weekend/articleshow/48908234.cms

I'm glad to see European leaders wake the **** up and reinstitute border controls.  It probably is a very callous thing for me to say, but I will say it anyway, however they do it, Europeans MUST resist being overwhelmed by an alien race who will aid in the overthrow of their civilization.  If that means building an enormous wall and repelling the hordes, so be it.  The refugees may be struggling for survival, but on a more massive scale, Europe is in a struggle for her very survival as a sovereign people(s). Put the fleeing refugees into refugee camps, ya know, like those sanctioned since 1949 by their fellow Muslims re the Palestinians, and then resettle them when Syria is stabilized.

I started an op on Russia's taking the fight to ISIS elsewhere.  I suggest Obama get over himself and join in the fight.  This refugee problem will never go away if left to the Muslim states to resolve, because it's in their best interests to keep ISIS rolling along, and relying on the generosity (stupidity) of the European governments.  It gets more of a foothold into the heart of Europe; Germany doesn't need 200 more mosques.  Europeans doesn't need yet another sharpening of the dagger already poised over their cultural hearts.
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)