Author Topic: Bridesmaids may have to sign weight contracts  (Read 2106 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Bridesmaids may have to sign weight contracts
« on: February 04, 2008, 06:53:33 AM »

Bridesmaids may soon be forced to sign contracts agreeing not to put on weight or get pregnant before a friend's wedding.

One in five brides-to-be is so concerned that her bridesmaids might let her down that she would ask her maid-of-honour to sign a written "pre-nuptial agreement", according to a new poll.

Despite the fact that 61 per cent of brides picked a best friend as their choice of bridesmaid and 49 per cent chose their sister, 48 per cent would sack a bridesmaid who failed to stick to the rules.

The survey of 1,000 women, commissioned by You & Your Wedding magazine, asked women which clauses they would put in their contract.

It found that respondents' biggest gripes were with bridesmaids who put on weight, became pregnant or changed their hairstyles before the big day.

A series of suggested clauses included that bridesmaids should not consume more than 10 units of alcohol or make any advances towards "inappropriate male guests" - or the groom.
link

Bridezilla alert.

Offline jtyangel

Re: Bridesmaids may have to sign weight contracts
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 07:01:29 AM »
Yeah, that's pretty shallow bullshit. If I had a friend ask me not to get pregnant in the year before her wedding and I was married and we were ready for something like that, well she can kiss my ass. I'm not putting my life on hold for one day in a million in her life--just think if all your friends did that? You could be barren for 5 or 6 years while they all are getting hitched :loser:. I think it's enough to ask the bridesmaids to get their own dresses altered if they can't fit into it and are still in the party by the wedding day. Better yet start seeing it as one day in the rest of your life and just look at it for the emotional enjoyment of sharing something special with friends and family.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 07:07:56 AM »
People stress so badly about their weddings.  It isn't like Bride magazine is going to film it for a full color issue for being the best wedding ever.  If I had to do it all again I would be on a flight to Vegas instead.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 11:13:59 AM »
People stress so badly about their weddings.  It isn't like Bride magazine is going to film it for a full color issue for being the best wedding ever.  If I had to do it all again I would be on a flight to Vegas instead.

If I ever get married, it'll be a super small little thing at the courthouse.  Maybe a party to  celebrate a couple of weeks later.  Or eloping in Vegas and getting married by the King. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 11:32:54 AM »
I figure the Bride would want the bridesmaids to look as ugly as possible to contrast her wedding-day beauty! Isn't that the reason for the ugly-ass bridesmaid dresses?

Just a guy's opinion.  :uhsure:
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 11:33:33 AM »

If I ever get married, it'll be a super small little thing at the courthouse.  Maybe a party to  celebrate a couple of weeks later.  Or eloping in Vegas and getting married by the King. 

I got married in Vegas :shucks:

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 11:39:55 AM »
I figure the Bride would want the bridesmaids to look as ugly as possible to contrast her wedding-day beauty! Isn't that the reason for the ugly-ass bridesmaid dresses?

You have a good point.  http://www.uglydress.com/badshape.html

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 11:49:54 AM »

holy smokes how did this get in there?

I should post it on 'babe of the day' for the mens :evillaugh:

http://www.uglydress.com/itsmaxsizmic.html

http://www.uglydress.com/bacofmaxmicm.html

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 11:50:58 AM »
Here's the answer:

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 04:11:42 PM »

holy smokes how did this get in there?

I should post it on 'babe of the day' for the mens :evillaugh:

http://www.uglydress.com/itsmaxsizmic.html

http://www.uglydress.com/bacofmaxmicm.html

Holy crap, that's the first one I looked at.  I knew it was gonna be bad.  LOL

"I also love the choice of underwear. It reminds me of tying up a christmas ham with butcher's twine."

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."