Author Topic: Super Sunday  (Read 3072 times)

Offline jtyangel

Super Sunday
« on: February 03, 2008, 11:39:18 AM »
So what's on the agenda? I already got the family fattening treats yesterday. We'll be staying here since we have a sick kid to care for. Probably will see some family mull in and  out during game time. I have my materials to make snakebites so I'm set.

TOTD: Does anyone care the outcome of this game? And what is your team whether they are playing or not? And for those who don't care for football, is there a sport that you love and who or what team is your favorite.

I love the Dolphins. Don't laugh.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Super Sunday
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 11:47:09 AM »
Looks like I have some housework to do today.

TOTD:  I haven't cared about a Super Bowl since the Bears beat the Pats in 1986. :tongue:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 11:48:29 AM »
Not doing much here.  Just trying to write a 2-3 page paper in the span of 2-3 hours so I do not miss the SuperBowl.  LOL   I'm almost done, already, in fact.  Just need to finish up one main paragraph and start the conclusion.

TOTD:  I really do not like either team, but I will root for the Giants, as I think it's time Brady got a taste of a humiliating defeat.  :hammer: :tongue:
I am more the baseball type of gal (Atlanta Braves) , but I do enjoy football. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 11:49:02 AM »
[youtube=425,350]fJNC3dgreaU[/youtube]

:rotf:

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 11:51:14 AM »
TOTD: Jets fan. :thatsright:

Hope to see the Pats win today because I can`t stand the local Giants fans and once and for all shut up Shula and the damned Dolphins about how they had the greatest team ever.

Sorry jty.

I haven`t been able to stomach Shula since he cried about the "snowplow" game in New England and while on the competition committee had a rule inserted prohibiting it in the future.
The following January he left the Orange Bowl uncovered during torrential rains for days leading up to the AFC championship game with the Jets which was a violation of existing rules.

Guess Jets fans have a lot of football anger.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 11:54:44 AM »

Hope to see the Pats win today

:bigbird:

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 11:55:49 AM »

Hope to see the Pats win today because I can`t stand the local Giants fans and once and for all shut up Shula and the damned Dolphins about how they had the greatest team ever.

Sorry jty.

I haven`t been able to stomach Shula since he cried about the "snowplow" game in New England and while on the competition committee had a rule inserted prohibiting it in the future.
The following January he left the Orange Bowl uncovered during torrential rains for days leading up to the AFC championship game with the Jets which was a violation of existing rules.

Guess Jets fans have a lot of football anger.

Flowers don't make up for dissing my team :censored: JK, thanks Carl.  :-*

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2008, 11:56:27 AM »
Not sure what we're doing yet. I don't usually follow Pro football{being from the Detroit Metro area you can guess why :whatever:}I do follow The Wolverines. My favorite sport is Hockey,Big Red Wing fans in this house.Oh and F-Ohio State :-){Sorry Jty :-)}
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2008, 11:58:16 AM »

:lmao:

And I thought I had a lot of football anger. :rotf:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2008, 11:59:33 AM »

:lmao:

And I thought I had a lot of football anger. :rotf:

Hey, many of us would like to see if Brady cries if they lose the game.  What's so wrong about that? :p

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2008, 12:09:22 PM »
Not sure what we're doing yet. I don't usually follow Pro football{being from the Detroit Metro area you can guess why :whatever:}I do follow The Wolverines. My favorite sport is Hockey,Big Red Wing fans in this house.Oh and F-Ohio State :-){Sorry Jty :-)}

Bite me! :censored: :bird:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2008, 01:12:15 PM »
I almost had to work today, but they called off the go-live last Thursday so I flew home yesterday.  Today, just me and Mrs. FD, Grolch's, home made guac and grilled hot dogs for dinner.

I honestly couldn't ask for anything more other than going to the game (I went to SB XXXIV).

TOTD: Pats.  #1, I have great respect for how they built this team in general, and Tom Brady specifically. #2. I would love to watch history in the making.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2008, 02:50:47 PM »
I slept in today.  :)  I don't feel like cooking, so I'm thinking of ordering a pizza.  It's still early enough to do it I think.  I hate cooking on Sundays pretty much.

TOTD:  No I don't really care.  I'm sure I'll flip around channels and watch a little of it.  If I had to chose I'd go with the Giants.  I'm a Cowboy fan. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Lauri

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2008, 06:44:55 PM »
we went to some neighbors for about 20 minutes... long enough to eat some snacks so, now i dont have to make dinner!  :-)

husband is in his leather chair, little kiddo is going to play at another neighbors house.. big kiddo is at some friends house for the game.

and i am making Texas Sheet Cake to satisfy the husbies chocolate addiction this weekend...

dog had a new bone earlier from the butcher.. all is well with our world today.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2008, 06:46:47 PM »
we went to some neighbors for about 20 minutes... long enough to eat some snacks so, now i dont have to make dinner!  :-)

husband is in his leather chair, little kiddo is going to play at another neighbors house.. big kiddo is at some friends house for the game.

and i am making Texas Sheet Cake to satisfy the husbies chocolate addiction this weekend...

dog had a new bone earlier from the butcher.. all is well with our world today.

oh, and my team is the Mariners... we are big into baseball in this house.

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2008, 07:01:36 PM »
Halftime. I think the Giants Defense is gonna kill someone in the second half.
Good game so far.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2008, 07:15:26 PM »
Church this morning and did nothing. Watching the Super Bowl right now, hubby is at work till 8:30, he is mad about missing half of the game. He wants to see the Pats lose, he hates Brady. :p

TOTD: I don't really cares who wins the Super Bowl so long as football season is over. I would like my husband back Monday nights. I don't really care for sports but I do like going to hockey games. I don't really follow any team. My husband likes the 49ers so I guess that is who I root for.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2008, 08:18:47 PM »
Halftime. I think the Giants Defense is gonna kill someone in the second half.
Good game so far.

while i was making the Texas Sheet Cake, it sounded like there was a lot of screaming at the game... its on here, but nobody is watching it.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2008, 08:20:24 PM »
I will not say a word.  Do not want to jinx the Giants right now.  LOL

Offline Chris_

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2008, 08:23:04 PM »

I saw an Obama ad half an hour ago.

They're ****ed.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2008, 08:24:40 PM »

I saw an Obama ad half an hour ago.

They're ****ed.

:asssmack:

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2008, 10:16:57 PM »
That was one of the bast 4th quarters I've ever seen. Eli got REALLY lucky on that one pass where he damn near got sacked, lobbed it 20 yards, andf the receiver caught it with his helmet!

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin