Author Topic: It's Saturday  (Read 6077 times)

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
It's Saturday
« on: February 02, 2008, 09:13:09 AM »
Morning! I feel like shit this morning!! :( I am never drinking again!!! :bawl: I ended up waking some neighbors with my big mouth. Anywoo, what is everyone doing today? We are getting the truck fixed and then I am going to a Hugs and Kisses party with some girls from my mommy group I just joined. It should be fun.

TOTD: Pick one, I don't care

Offline Lord Undies

Re: It's Saturday
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 10:59:44 AM »
Every liquor bottle should come with a warning:  "The devil is in the drink and he has plans for you."

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 11:04:25 AM »
Is it a bad thing to have already had a few beers?

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 11:08:28 AM »

Without a doubt.  There is an old saying I just made up that goes something like, "There's something squirrelly about a man who drinks early".

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 11:32:31 AM »

Without a doubt.  There is an old saying I just made up that goes something like, "There's something squirrelly about a man who drinks early".

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 12:53:26 PM »
It's almost one o'clock here.  Class is over and the car has been serviced.  I love freshly-rotated tires.

Time for a beer.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 12:58:37 PM »
I'm reading Tom Wolfe today.  I can't decide if he's a good writer or an even better bullshitter.  I'm not sure if this collection of post-modern outdated hippy slang counts as literature.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Flame

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 01:00:10 PM »
Lets see...took the girl child to dance, then we went to the youngest's basketball game, picked the girl child up again and we ate lunch.  Now we are trying to decide if we want to go somewhere this afternoon.

I slipped this morning, landed on my tail bone, whacked my head and wrenched my neck/back.  I'm such a klutz.   :loser:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2008, 01:03:32 PM »
I slipped this morning, landed on my tail bone, whacked my head and wrenched my neck/back.  I'm such a klutz.   :loser:

The last time I slipped and fell, the breezeway outside my front door was covered in a thick sheet of smooth ice.  I took a couple of steps and wound up flat on my back. 

I'm beginnging to dislike winter.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2008, 01:07:14 PM »
I have to go to work today to inventory the stock until about midnight or so.  :censored:
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline guest

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2008, 01:31:27 PM »
Okay, just got back from the first day of job orientation.  Boring, obviously, but we got free sub sandwiches out of it.  The choice was ham, turkey and roast beef.

I had the roast beef.  :-)

One of the other trainees went and did something  :mental:.   When we were discussing disabled customers and the best ways to help them, this lady brings up a bunch  of BS, talking about the war and disabled veterans. She thus proceeded to trash those same veterans, for "fighting in Bushie's little war, and that they deserve their injuries".  It should be no surprise, because this area does tend to lean Democrat.    The trainer looked like she wanted to run out of the room during the rant.  LOL

I just about slapped her, but I kept calm (although I'm sure the disgust was evident on my face).   :bird:

Thank God, we got out a bit early today, so I hopped into my car and drove as fast as I could to the liquor store, to get the Bailey's and some Captain Morgan Wave Runners.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 01:43:53 PM by ACrazyConservative »

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2008, 01:43:51 PM »
Some people are too stupid to leave their BDS baggage at home.  Nitwits.

I wouldn't want to be working with her.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2008, 01:46:05 PM »
Some people are too stupid to leave their BDS baggage at home.  Nitwits.

I wouldn't want to be working with her.
Well, it is Savannah... lots of moonbats here.  I also saw some Ronbots standing on the street corner of Abercorn and East DeRenne (Kev knows that area, I'm sure) trying to pimp their candidate.

I won't be working with that lady.

I was the only one from MY store at orientation.   :hyper:

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2008, 01:49:39 PM »
Next time, do what I would do on such occassions.  Stand up and start singing "America The Beautiful"  as loud as you can.   

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2008, 02:38:44 PM »
Stumbling into the day thread late to agree with Undies that drink is of the devil.  :bawl: I've had a migraine all day...the kind that involves shoulders and the head... :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

It's too far in the day for a TOTD. I'm waiting for the family to return from my mil's house and then we are going to Sam's Club to get some treats, pop, and such for tomorrow's game. I expect it to be a zoo so I'll be popping another advil to take the edge off the pain before I go--lights, people, migraine...not a good mix.

Ok, I'm done before I send myself to the cryin in my beer area. :hammer:

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2008, 02:58:53 PM »
Stumbling into the day thread late to agree with Undies that drink is of the devil.  :bawl: I've had a migraine all day...the kind that involves shoulders and the head... :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

It's too far in the day for a TOTD. I'm waiting for the family to return from my mil's house and then we are going to Sam's Club to get some treats, pop, and such for tomorrow's game. I expect it to be a zoo so I'll be popping another advil to take the edge off the pain before I go--lights, people, migraine...not a good mix.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2008, 04:11:36 PM »

thx carl! I took my advil and a hot shower and am feeling much better

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2008, 04:36:38 PM »

A shower to wash away satan's fingerprints and drugs to make him go to sleep inside.  You remember this awful feeling, young lady, the next time you think it will be fun to let the devil out of the bottle. 

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2008, 05:37:54 PM »
I slept in too late today and haven't gotten anything accomplished today.  Woo hoo.

I met up with BEG and Schade last night and the big meet up is tonight.  Hopefully some more people from here come.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2008, 05:45:26 PM »
Breakfast at I-Hop this morning and the shopping at Home Depot for shower heads and toilet seats.

Then we drank coffee and watched season 6 of Buffy.

It's everything I imagined married life would be when I was younger.

Except for the absense of jet packs and the secret underground HQ where we get our mission orders to go out and fight spys together.

The pancakes rocked though.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2008, 07:53:29 PM »

A shower to wash away satan's fingerprints and drugs to make him go to sleep inside.  You remember this awful feeling, young lady, the next time you think it will be fun to let the devil out of the bottle. 

I bought more of the devil today. I never seem to learn. :naughty:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2008, 07:59:35 PM »
I spent the entire day cleaning our windows - inside and out. Yesterday, I was hunched over from hanging curtains on four of our windows. It took all day!!! Murphy's Law was the order of the day and I have no idea why I'm such a glutton for punishment. I should have stopped after hemming all of them but no, I had to clean the friggin windows too....I'm so sore from the bending, stooping, manevering. It sucks to have the upper body strength of a hummingbird when you're standing on a ladder trying to put curtain rods in the wall. Okay, I'm done... :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2008, 08:24:15 PM »
I spent the entire day cleaning our windows - inside and out. Yesterday, I was hunched over from hanging curtains on four of our windows. It took all day!!! Murphy's Law was the order of the day and I have no idea why I'm such a glutton for punishment. I should have stopped after hemming all of them but no, I had to clean the friggin windows too....I'm so sore from the bending, stooping, manevering. It sucks to have the upper body strength of a hummingbird when you're standing on a ladder trying to put curtain rods in the wall. Okay, I'm done... :-)

Would you like some cheese with that whine?  :-) I hate doing the outsides of the windows. Half of them are on the second story and I hate heights. I get sore like you are talking about when I do really heavy cleaning on the house all day long like cleaning the baseboards and stooping down or on my knees cleaning. Ugh...

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2008, 08:25:13 PM »
^LOL! Of course my hubby and son think I did nothing all day. Sheesh!!! :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2008, 08:29:01 PM »

Would you like some cheese with that whine?  :-) I hate doing the outsides of the windows. Half of them are on the second story and I hate heights. I get sore like you are talking about when I do really heavy cleaning on the house all day long like cleaning the baseboards and stooping down or on my knees cleaning. Ugh...

You can hire window cleaning service.  I use to back when I cared.