Author Topic: another Friday night hosted by me  (Read 14231 times)

Offline Flame

Re: another Friday night hosted by me
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2008, 08:11:19 PM »
I'm having a rum and coke right now.

Mr Flame brought home a cheesecake and our favorite "dessert" wine when he came home from work, so we'll have that in a bit.

It's been a long day!

Don't be so vague! I love to hear what others are drinking. What kind of wine are you talking about?

It's a white merlot (Berringer, I think?)...it's sweeter, and perfect with chocolate or sweets.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2008, 08:14:20 PM »
I picked up some curried shrimp... it does not look promising.  I think I will have the beef lo mein instead.  And I got some ice cream.  Viva la Friday.  Or something.

I have econ class tomorrow morning.  At least I don't have to be up at 4:30 -- I can sleep in until 7:15.  :censored:

Ha, at least I am not alone in having to get up so early.   :lmao:

I was falling asleep in the doctor's office today.  To keep myself awake, I started messing with the motorized chair.  Up, down, up, down.  I wanted to see how high it would go, but I was afraid I might break it.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2008, 08:24:54 PM »
I picked up some curried shrimp... it does not look promising.  I think I will have the beef lo mein instead.  And I got some ice cream.  Viva la Friday.  Or something.

I have econ class tomorrow morning.  At least I don't have to be up at 4:30 -- I can sleep in until 7:15.  :censored:

Ha, at least I am not alone in having to get up so early.   :lmao:

I was falling asleep in the doctor's office today.  To keep myself awake, I started messing with the motorized chair.  Up, down, up, down.  I wanted to see how high it would go, but I was afraid I might break it.

:rotf:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline guest

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2008, 08:30:43 PM »
Ahhh, I say screw it.

*goes to fetch a small glass of Bailey's.*

Edit: Screw it again.  Somebody finished the Bailey's and left the empty bottle in the fridge.  F***!  :censored:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 08:32:37 PM by ACrazyConservative »

Offline Chris_

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2008, 08:37:55 PM »
Ignore WE's happy hour thread.     :tongue:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2008, 09:28:39 PM »
The word shit entered modern English language derived from the Old English nouns scite and the Middle Low German schite, both meaning "dung," and the Old English noun scitte, meaning "diarrhea." Our most treasured cuss word has been with us a long time, showing up in written works both as a noun and as a verb as far back as the 14th century.

http://www.snopes.com/language/acronyms/shit.asp

Offline Chris_

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2008, 09:33:55 PM »
Okay, Chris, what the HELL did you have to drink, and how much?  Couldn't you have posted that in WE's thread? LOL

Offline Chris_

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2008, 09:36:30 PM »
I debated putting it in his thread, but I didn't want to derail it in case anyone was going to answer that math problem he posted.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2008, 09:37:32 PM »
I debated putting it in his thread, but I didn't want to derail it in case anyone was going to answer that math problem he posted.

Excuses, excuses...   :whatever:

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2008, 10:33:42 PM »
Sitting in Hinesville, at my computer, catching up with my Conservative peeps after a fairly grueling week at work, what else?

:-)

Hinesville, GA?!   Some friends of mine just drove out that way to see another friend who just had a baby.   Hinesville isn't that far from Savannah, at all. 

Yep, I have another four months to live it up at Fort Stewart and then I finally get to demobilize and go home for an extended period, this is probably my last stretch of extended active duty.  By the time this deployment's over I'll have been home about 9 months out of the last three years.  Looking forward to getting back to the Ozarks, this place is kinda flat for my taste.

:cheersmate:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2008, 12:05:10 AM »
The word shit entered modern English language derived from the Old English nouns scite and the Middle Low German schite, both meaning "dung," and the Old English noun scitte, meaning "diarrhea." Our most treasured cuss word has been with us a long time, showing up in written works both as a noun and as a verb as far back as the 14th century.

http://www.snopes.com/language/acronyms/shit.asp

That was both educatual and informative, Chris. Thank you for  sharing that pearl of wisdom. :-)