Author Topic: Almost Friday!  (Read 3207 times)

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
Almost Friday!
« on: January 31, 2008, 09:51:56 AM »
Morning! Today is the big day that my hubby takes the big test to start driving school buses. He is so nervous, poor thing. A lot of prayers for him. I know I am praying. We are trying this new thing called going out with other married couples. LOL! He is not the social butterfly that I am so this will be something new and different for him. There is something with all the couples at our church and it should be fun. Saturday night, I might go to this thing called a "Hugs and Kisses" party with some girls from my mom group I am in. I never been to one of those, should be intersting.  :naughty: Have a blessed day everyone!

TOTD: Name one thing you want to do before you die. I want to go skydiving.

Offline jtyangel

Re: Almost Friday!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 09:57:22 AM »
Morning! Today is the big day that my hubby takes the big test to start driving school buses. He is so nervous, poor thing. A lot of prayers for him. I know I am praying. We are trying this new thing called going out with other married couples. LOL! He is not the social butterfly that I am so this will be something new and different for him. There is something with all the couples at our church and it should be fun. Saturday night, I might go to this thing called a "Hugs and Kisses" party with some girls from my mom group I am in. I never been to one of those, should be intersting.  :naughty: Have a blessed day everyone!

I'm taking my youngest to the library in a bit--should be a messy day tomorrow.

TOTD: I'd like to paint and draw again until my heart's content and show it in a gallery or something. I'd also like to actually see the place of my birth before I die. I was born in Wiesbaden in Germany.

Offline dixierat

• All the Way, any day.
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 09:57:54 AM »
TOTD: Name one thing you want to do before you die. I want to have a grandchild.

YO! Kids! Get busy!
“Of every one hundred men, ten shouldn’t even be there, eighty are nothing but targets, nine are real fighters… We are lucky to have them… They make the battle. Ah, but the one, one of them is a Warrior… and he will bring the others back.” Hericletus, circa 500BC

Offline SilverOrchid

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 09:58:50 AM »
TOTD: Name one thing you want to do before you die. I want to have a grandchild.

YO! Kids! Get busy!

You should give tips and advice to freak them out. :-)

Offline dixierat

• All the Way, any day.
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 10:03:23 AM »

YO! Kids! Get busy!

You should give tips and advice to freak them out. :-)

LOL.

I have in the past for my son, anyway. But now, I think he's got the mechanics down pat. He just needs to find his self a wife instead of these chicks he's been with. Then again, I was doing pretty much the same thing at his age. I'll give'im a year or 3.
“Of every one hundred men, ten shouldn’t even be there, eighty are nothing but targets, nine are real fighters… We are lucky to have them… They make the battle. Ah, but the one, one of them is a Warrior… and he will bring the others back.” Hericletus, circa 500BC

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 10:04:23 AM »
TOTD: rent an RV and drive around the entire United States. I want to take my time and just wander. And eat at every greasy spoon I can find.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 10:08:41 AM »
TOTD: rent an RV and drive around the entire United States. I want to take my time and just wander. And eat at every greasy spoon I can find.

So you plan to be plump as an older woman?  :-)

BTW, there are some good ones through the Oklahoma area. Real butter :o Eggs cooked in the bacon grease :o Heart stopping kind of stuff.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 10:16:01 AM »
^heck yeah!!!!

I married an Okie. And I grew up in the South. I got my regulation coffeecan full of bacon grease when I got married :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Flame

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 10:23:13 AM »
I drove a school bus for a couple years, before my youngest was born.  Morning sickness and school busses don't mix, BTW!  Good luck to your hubby!

Today I'm enjoying peace and quiet.  I'm anticpating at least a delay for school tomorrow, if not a complete cancellation, so I'm enjoying it while I can! 

TOTD: I want all my grandkids to know me.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 10:58:26 AM »
I'm glad it's Thursday.  I've been having the hardest time waking up this week.  I didn't get to work until 9:30 this morning!

The boss is about to start closing off December and then 2007.  Which means, plenty of goof off time, because no one can post anything into accounting until she's done.  Woot!

TOTD:  I really want to travel in Asia and South Asia at some point.  I'd love to go to China and India.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline DaSaintFan

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 11:06:35 AM »
TOTD:  I truly want to make at least one cruise to Australia before it's that time

As for today... ARGH!! snowstorm on the way... so I might get to go home from work early to beat traffic... and then pray I can come back in to work the next day.   (and this'll slow down the kitchen repairs, obviously...)

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 12:02:11 PM »
Thats easy...Two chicks at the same time! :o :-)
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2008, 12:07:37 PM »
^heck yeah!!!!

I married an Okie. And I grew up in the South. I got my regulation coffeecan full of bacon grease when I got married :-)

You are die hard!  :-*

And my other half's grandma is from Virginia and insisted on the coffeecan full o grease thing.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 12:07:48 PM »
Another day, another boring (and far too easy) biology class.   Next up, cultural geography.   :yawn:

TOTD:  Take a LONG trip to Ireland.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2008, 12:17:21 PM »
TOTD: Launch a Minuteman III.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline SilverOrchid

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2008, 12:17:49 PM »
^heck yeah!!!!

I assume you have a seasoned cast iron skillet? :-)

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2008, 01:36:03 PM »
TOTD

:naughty:

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2008, 01:46:02 PM »
^heck yeah!!!!

ooh, my dad had one of those

Offline SilverOrchid

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2008, 01:50:21 PM »
^heck yeah!!!!

ooh, my dad had one of those

Those are the best ever to fry chicken in and how else are you going to make cornbread?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2008, 06:43:12 PM »
Well, well.  Turns out the Dumbass Party at work is actually made up of RonBots.  And I thought the people I work with couldn't get any stupider.

TOTD:  I have no idea.  I'd like to be independently wealthy, but I dont' think that counts as an activity.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2008, 06:44:04 PM »

Those are the best ever to fry chicken in and how else are you going to make cornbread?

Those are the best for everything.  I use mine almost every time I cook.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2008, 06:47:28 PM »
^heck yeah!!!!

Are you saying there are people that don't own a cast iron skillet?!?!?!  My was a hand-me-down from my mom, the best kind.  She had 2 and doesn't really cook much anymore.  That's the best kind, I'll never have to season it. :)  I also have a mug with bacon fat in my fridge.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Chris_

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2008, 06:53:49 PM »
Is bacon grease an acceptable wedding gift in the south?  I don't go to many weddings....

Online Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2008, 07:05:54 PM »
TOTD: Live someplace warm.