Author Topic: I Have A Question About Trump/Garland/Wray  (Read 217 times)

Offline CC27

I Have A Question About Trump/Garland/Wray
« on: March 15, 2024, 07:49:41 AM »
gab13by13 (20,703 posts)

I Have A Question About Trump/Garland/Wray
If Benedict Donald robbed a bank while he was president, video taped the robbery, video taped the getaway car and the license tag, video taped the money bags in his office at Mar-el-Loco, then sent copies of the tapes to Merrick Garland and Christopher Wray, would Trump be in jail 3 years later?

I say definitely not.

Why is my hypothetical any different than what Trump did when he stole top secret documents? Trump admitted on video tape that he took the documents, there is video tape of the documents at Mar-el-Loco. We have video tape of witnesses to the crime. We have expert prosecutors, judges, lawyers all saying that the Trump stolen document case is a slam dunk and yet here we are over 3 years later and there is a real possibility that judge Cannon is setting up the stage to dismiss charges against Trump.

Trump is an evil genius.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218779293

That is some first class stupid right there

Offline SVPete

Re: I Have A Question About Trump/Garland/Wray
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2024, 09:17:45 AM »
That is not at all what Trump's lawyers are arguing. They are arguing for immunity for acts within Trump's (and other Presidents') duties. The alternative would be that some rando DA or partisan AG (state or Federal) could decide that some action LIEden did as President was criminal under some prezellated interpretation of an unrelated law and prosecute LIEden. Or Ohbummer!. Or WJC.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2024, 10:09:00 AM »
Why is my hypothetical any different than what Trump did when he stole top secret documents?

First, because it’s a stupid analogy and second Trump did not steal anything. This is political persecution, and law fair because the Democrats are shaking in their boots if Trump gets elected.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2024, 10:17:20 AM »
First, because it’s a stupid analogy and second Trump did not steal anything. ...

As President, Trump had the authority to possess Secret documents. As VP, LIEden was allowed under Obama's authority to possess Secret documents only while doing work for Obama; as Senator (he had documents from that timeframe) he did not have the authority to possess Secret documents. If DU-folk want Trump prosecuted for not having turned in documents he had immediately in January 2020 then Obama should be prosecuted for the documents he retained, and when LIEden leaves office, he also should be prosecuted. Otherwise, the case against Trump should be dismissed for selective prosecution.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 12:06:46 PM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2024, 11:42:15 AM »
If DU-folk want Trump prosecuted for not having turned in documents he had in January 2020 then Obama should be prosecuted for the documents he retained, and when LIEden leaves office, he also should be prosecuted. Otherwise, the case against Trump should be dismissed for selective prosecution.

AMEN!!

What’s good for the goose? Should be good for the gander.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!