Author Topic: Lyndon Johnson may have explained the MAGA mentality.  (Read 329 times)

Offline CC27

Lyndon Johnson may have explained the MAGA mentality.
« on: March 11, 2024, 01:47:19 PM »
Cyrano (15,008 posts)

Lyndon Johnson may have explained the MAGA mentality.
President Lyndon B. Johnson once said:

"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."

In that quote, replace the words "colored man" with Blacks, Browns, Jews, Muslims, all non-"Chistians," LGBGTs, Immigrants, and Democrats. And broaden the word "lowest" to mean most ignorant, meanest and most intolerant, and you pretty much have the definition of Trump's MAGA's.

Johnson was a Southerner who understood bigotry and hatred. Yet, he didn't use his knowledge to divide people. Rather, he chose a road that brought us The Civil Rights Act, The Voting Rights Act, Medicare and Medicaid.*

Donald Trump, on the other hand, instinctively understands the principle that Johnson had put into words. He fully grasps the power of divisiveness and hatred. And given his narcissism, his lust for power, his innate cruelty, and his mean-spirited nature, he has taken the road that would benefit himself and only himself.

Almost half the voters in America are buying the shit that Trump is selling. How sad and depressing that they're more than willing to give away democracy and their freedoms to a transparent, evil con man who, if he wins/steals the presidency, will destroy us all.

*Johnson also brought us Vietnam, but that's a subject for a different thread..

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218768053

Johnson was a racist POS. Perfect for the DUmp

Offline SVPete

Re: Lyndon Johnson may have explained the MAGA mentality.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2024, 02:19:31 PM »
Cyanose needs to check his ASSumptions, especially his ASSumption that Trump vtoers are racists. Between anti-Semitic Progs & Ds and whites-hating and anti-Semitic & -Asian black D voters there far, far, more racism among Dems and Progs than among Rs and conservatives. Maybe far, far, far, far, more.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2024, 03:41:41 PM »
If I’m not mistaken, it was Johnson, who said if we pass this welfare reform bill will have the n***ers voting for us for the next hundred years.
Wouldn’t you say that’s a little racist?

I would say Trump has done more for people of color than Obama ever did
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2024, 03:50:53 PM »
Not our side putting in planned abortion clinics in every damn black ghetto to kill them off or decrease their numbers and it damn sure isn't our side importing millions of illegals to supplant their vote and voice.

THAT'S ALL YOU, DUMMIES
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2024, 05:34:50 PM »
They always forget they’re heroin Margaret Sanger was a big racist. That was the whole purpose to find Planned Parenthood.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2024, 05:42:21 PM »
If you can convince the lowest lefty that She/He/IT is better than anyone that disagrees with them, they'll demand that those who disagree have their pockets picked, and then be incarcerated. Then they'll celebrate it. And x 10 to those that represent them.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 05:46:10 PM by CollectivismMustDie »
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2024, 08:58:13 PM »
President Lyndon Johnson got America into the Vietnam War mess. He also had the Great Society.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2024, 10:12:15 PM »
Got to love how the DUmp monkey's rewrite history. The Democrats fought the Civil Rights Act and they founded the Klan and passed the Jim Crow laws. It wasn't the republicans that did that. But hey keep listening to your owners and stay on that plantation. Wouldn't want you finding out the truth would we.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2024, 10:27:22 AM »
I'm pretty sure that cyrano doesn't realize that LBJ was explaining liberal philosophy for getting white people to vote Democrat despite the Dem's pushing the  Civil Rights Act of 1964
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2024, 12:51:35 PM »
I looked up the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Interesting read here.

https://www.archives.gov/milestone-documents/civil-rights-act
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"