Author Topic: Wife Just Ruined My TV  (Read 725 times)

Offline CC27

Wife Just Ruined My TV
« on: March 02, 2024, 02:56:31 PM »
gab13by13

Wife Just Ruined My TV
She cleaned the screen with Windex.

The sound works, the channels change, but nada picture. Pretty sure it's toast.

Any TV repairmen out there?

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10181979046

Maybe if you wish really dear leader,Biden will buy you a new one!

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Re: Wife Just Ruined My TV
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2024, 03:43:15 PM »
DUm'Rats could screw up an orgy...  :whatever:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2024, 04:42:06 PM »
Try an orbital sander with 60 grit paper. That’ll bring it back to life and no problem.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2024, 06:54:53 PM »
gab13by13

Wife Just Ruined My TV
She cleaned the screen with Windex.

The sound works, the channels change, but nada picture. Pretty sure it's toast.

Any TV repairmen out there?

Given the booming Biden economy, buy a new freaking TV you moron! There is 0.00001% chance you can get someone to repair your TV. They are now designed to be obsolete when they break, unlike the 50's/60's/70's/80's when there were TV repairmen.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2024, 06:59:38 PM »
Given the booming Biden economy, buy a new freaking TV you moron! There is 0.00001% chance you can get someone to repair your TV. They are now designed to be obsolete when they break, unlike the 50's/60's/70's/80's when there were TV repairmen.

But ...but ...but, looting season is sooo far away. [/DUm'Rat]
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2024, 07:42:17 PM »
The smartest people around, just ask em.

:rotf:
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2024, 07:42:56 PM »
Sucks to be that guy. Will have to settle for a 32 inch flat screen from Goodwill and not a huge 75 from the Store.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2024, 06:50:09 AM »
The questions remains is "wife" male or female? With primitives you never know.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2024, 10:09:19 AM »

These days TVs are manufactured with a mix of machines (mounting components on printed circuit boards) and workers in China or Thailand or India or ??? at those countries' labor rates. But if repaired, it would be hand work at US labor rates (and not minimum wage rates, either). That makes for most electronics to be thrown away and replaced rather than repaired.

Then there's rapidly advancing technology. Our >10-year-old TV is 740P resolution, plasma. I literally do not know if that resolution is made any more ... nor 1080I or 1080P, which were available when we bought that TV. Maybe 1080P is. I don't know if plasma displays are used in TVs anymore. By way of contrast, color CRTs came into production TVs in the US in 1954 (IIRC), and were used into the 1990s or 2000s or ????s. Vacuum tubes were used in consumer TVs for 25 or 30 years; some key integrated circuits used in TVs 10 years ago are probably past end-of-life and if you're lucky you could get some new-old-stock from some reseller on Flee-Bay. Love it or hate it, this is reality.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2024, 12:16:55 PM »
I thought he was gonna say she got the channel stuck on Fox News :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

He’s a sexiest pig, he said she ruined his TV not their TV :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2024, 04:29:32 PM »
Try an orbital sander with 60 grit paper. That’ll bring it back to life and no problem.

That's not being very helpful now Grumpy.  :cheersmate:

I feel for this DUmmie and know for a fact that you can restore the TV picture by mixing equal parts Ammonia and Bleach and applying liberally to the screen.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2024, 05:19:32 PM »
These days TVs are manufactured with a mix of machines (mounting components on printed circuit boards) and workers in China or Thailand or India or ??? at those countries' labor rates. But if repaired, it would be hand work at US labor rates (and not minimum wage rates, either). That makes for most electronics to be thrown away and replaced rather than repaired.

Then there's rapidly advancing technology. Our >10-year-old TV is 740P resolution, plasma. I literally do not know if that resolution is made any more ... nor 1080I or 1080P, which were available when we bought that TV. Maybe 1080P is. I don't know if plasma displays are used in TVs anymore. By way of contrast, color CRTs came into production TVs in the US in 1954 (IIRC), and were used into the 1990s or 2000s or ????s. Vacuum tubes were used in consumer TVs for 25 or 30 years; some key integrated circuits used in TVs 10 years ago are probably past end-of-life and if you're lucky you could get some new-old-stock from some reseller on Flee-Bay. Love it or hate it, this is reality.

Went shopping for a replacement TV a few weeks back at a physical brick & mortar store and felt completely stupid talking to the 20ish year old salesman.

It was only a 10 year old 50 inch and works fine, with the exception that it isn't a "smart" TV. Recently cut the cord and now use YouTube TV amongst other internet related functions and it wouldn't work with that 2014 relic of a TV.

After much research, bought one from another reputable company with delivery and installation gratis.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline jukin

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2024, 06:47:36 PM »
DUmbass gab13by13's wife's favorite thing to say is "gab13by13 get over here and suck your wife's dick!"
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2024, 08:28:02 AM »
I thought he was gonna say she got the channel stuck on Fox News :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

He’s a sexiest pig, he said she ruined his TV not their TV :loser:

:hi5: earned and issued!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2024, 02:27:37 PM »
How does one ruin a TV by washing the screen with Windex? I wash my screens with Windex all the time and have never had a problem. Of course, my TV is off when I do it. I imagine washing an old plasma screen while it was on would cause issues. Those screens were very hot when they were on and the cool liquid would probably damage it.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2024, 04:11:35 PM »
How does one ruin a TV by washing the screen with Windex? I wash my screens with Windex all the time and have never had a problem. Of course, my TV is off when I do it. I imagine washing an old plasma screen while it was on would cause issues. Those screens were very hot when they were on and the cool liquid would probably damage it.

My guess is that if this actually happened, the wife sprayed the Windex on the screen, and some ran in between the screen and the bezel around it, shorting something in side.