Author Topic: China and the coronavirus  (Read 337 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
China and the coronavirus
« on: February 03, 2020, 09:59:35 PM »
OnlinePoker (4,112 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/113512368

China and the coronavirus
China has an issue with pork not being available due to the swine flu outbreak. Suddenly, there's a coronavirus outbreak linked to a meat market and now 36 million people are in quarantine zones. My belief is this is an engineered virus release by the Chinese government to cover up how bad the food situation in the country really is and force people to eat much less meat during the lunar New Year celebrations this weekend and to travel less. Like all viruses, however, once the genie is out of the bottle, there's no telling what will happen and it's already spread beyond the Wuhan city limits and is now showing up around the globe.

:thatsright:

Newest Reality (6,671 posts)

1. Speculation?

Have you seen anything substantial to back that up? It would be good to see more on that.

Once something critical gets going, there is often a barrage of speculation that is usually on the paranoid side, (paranoia can be useful) where people present speculations in a factual manner and sometimes, they have vivid imaginations and evangelize by spreading memes with no substantial basis to them.

In a crises of any kind, even if people mean well and believe what they spread, I just don't seem any reasonable or practical value in the memes, and they can even be distracting or harmful when it comes down to how to react to the problem. I used to find them interesting and novel to check out, but it is getting to be a deluge that reflects states of mind more than actuality, so emotive reactionary paranoia conspiracy theories, (just to prove they are RIGHT) might be a speculative, alternative view, but if they are just based on an well-articulated story, well, I prefer some good science fiction, myself.

Many of the conspiracy memes revolve around distrust in governments bordering on extreme paranoia, (which is fine) and, because they have come to a conclusion that is not researched well, (or difficult to prove) or lacks anything but anecdotal or coincidental evidence.

Oh, and there is a blue teacup floating in space between Earth and Mars.

:whatever:

Star Member CrispyQ (27,346 posts)

2. I broke out my decades old copy of "The Stand."
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!