Author Topic: Jury Duty's Over  (Read 1609 times)

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
Jury Duty's Over
« on: May 09, 2008, 03:20:37 PM »
The defendant, Dewayne Moate, was charges with 2 counts child molestation and 1 count rape.  He was living with his girlfriend in her project apartment.  She left him at home with her two children, one was 6 at the time and the other was 2, plus she was pregnant with his child at the time.  About a month later, the 6 year old began to tell family members that Dewayne "messed with her".  He put her hand on his penis, touched her vagina, then pulled her on top of him and raped her.  We saw the forensic interview on video, heard from the Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner, the interviewer, the detective, the mother, the grandmother, and finally the victim.  The defense tried to play on the reasonable doubt in his cross examination of all the witnwesses.  Once the prosecution rested at the end of yesterday, the defense rested without even calling a witness.  In other words, there was no real defense.

We came back this morning, heard closing statements, went into the deliberating room.  My old high school teacher, who I never got along with, nominated me as foreman.  We deliberated for about 15 minutes, came back with the Guilty on all charges verdict, and went back to work.  And made a whopping $40, it'll be in the mail next week.

It was my pleasure to put a piece of shit like that in jail.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline jendf

Re: Jury Duty's Over
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 03:22:59 PM »
OMG. I don't know how you were able to sit through a trial like that. Kudos to you and the jury for sending him to the slammer.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 03:32:05 PM »
My co-worker that sits in the same office as me, was on this jury this week:

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/050908/met_198191.shtml
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 03:32:21 PM »
OMG. I don't know how you were able to sit through a trial like that. Kudos to you and the jury for sending him to the slammer.
It was hard to sit there and listen to the whiny little Public Defender.  He actually told us in his closing statements that the prosecutor hurt his feelings.  What a douche.  I'm thinking," You're a ****ing defense lawyer.  You chose to defend pieces of shit like that, and your feelings are hurt?".
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 03:33:33 PM »
My co-worker that sits in the same office as me, was on this jury this week:

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/050908/met_198191.shtml
That misdemeanor shoplifting is gonna hurt. :lmao:

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 03:33:46 PM »
Yea! for the good guys.  I am just worn out hearing crap like this.  What the hell is wrong with people?

Could it be we have allowed the degenerates/liberals among us to sexualize children and cheapen sex in general on such a broad scale that people like this guy thinks it is ok to act on any and all impluses?  

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 04:20:48 PM »
Good for you and your fellow jurors. This case was obviously a slam dunk. I hope he gets what he's got coming to him in jail.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 05:11:28 PM »
Shoulda sent him to Iran and let Ima-gonna-Jihad take care of the punishment phase.   :fuelfire:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 05:21:00 PM »
Great job, but there is one very large unasked question here:  WTF is the deal with the slut mom?  She should be prosecuted for child endangerment.

So many of these stupid, selfish women sacrifice their kids because "they're lonely."  Well, the story behind this case happens thousands of times a day because some people don't know what "sacrifice" means.  Better to warehouse the most important people in your lives with BF of the week.

I hope she is hurting badly and those kids are taken away from her forever.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 05:25:59 PM »
Has everyone served on jury duty? I haven't been called once.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 05:29:08 PM »

They always bounce me in voir doir.  I need to act more stupider next time. I'll spend the day before at the DUmp -- that should stupid me up quite nicely.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2008, 05:30:29 PM »
No. I've been dismissed before because of my job. Dang it! I really want to serve too. My mom was on a double murder trial when I was in high school and they were sequestered. She had to tell me (via a female deputy) what to put in her suitcase and then I had to drive down to give to the court officer. Surreal.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008, 05:33:14 PM »
No. I've been dismissed before because of my job. Dang it! I really want to serve too. My mom was on a double murder trial when I was in high school and they were sequestered. She had to tell me (via a female deputy) what to put in her suitcase and then I had to drive down to give to the court officer. Surreal.

There was a lady that owned a shop in Jackson that was beheaded during a robbery years ago. My dad was called to serve. The public defender asked what punishment he'd like to see if the defendant is found guilty. He was dismissed after he told him he wanted to see him fry....probably not in those exact words, but he got the point.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2008, 05:48:54 PM »

It was my pleasure to put a piece of shit like that in jail.

Thank you.

Offline jendf

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2008, 05:52:37 PM »

I've been called four times but have only served once. Even then, I didn't have to deliberate because I was selected as an alternate juror. I still enjoyed watching the trial though.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2008, 06:26:32 PM »
I got called 15 times in 20 years and got picked once for a slip 'n fall.  Another lady chosen was familar with the store and said something out loud the rest of us should not have heard.  We were all dismissed.

My wife has been called maybe three times.  Once she got to sit on a murder trial which lasted 10 days.