Author Topic: It's Friday, I'm Tired And I Can No Longer Debate An Idiot  (Read 1497 times)

Offline mrclose

It's Friday, I'm Tired And I Can No Longer Debate An Idiot
« on: August 08, 2015, 12:56:21 AM »
I am just tired of debating an idiot who demands gun control.

I am going to post his rantings and ask you folks .. how to respond to this gibberish?
My main argument was government tyranny but it wasn't my only argument.

I argued the "If guns were outlawed ..  only the outlaws would have guns ... No effect!

Liberals do tend to wear a person down!

======================

So let me make sure I have this right. A gun to my face even if I have a legal gun somewhere beyond my reach is the equivalent of some form of Government tyranny when they say, "Hey, more folks are killed by their own guns than any perpetrator has used in violent crimes. These folks know where your guns are stashed and enjoy killing you w/your own weapon."

Gov't tyranny...

For the most part no one can express in quantifiable terms how many deaths have been avoided or  lives saved by gun owners. Not one instance has been recorded in quite a long time. What we do know is that many accidental deaths have occurred due to folks not securing their weapons against the natural curiosity of children.

Gov't Tyranny...

Another factor that stands out, that gun enthusiasts avoid, is that the Sandy Hook killings, were due to flagrant violations by folks that were permitted access and licensing for such weapons.  These folks weren't criminals! But their asshole son got access to them and not only killed 26 innocent victims, but killed his own mother, the owner of said weapons. So, twenty eight victims are dead, including the person who started the slaughter of innocents who eventually took his own life.

Gov't Tyranny...

Nine folks in a church in Charleston, SC were having a bible study when a person walked in and sat w/them and discussed the lesson. Then he fired off a weapon that resulted in the death of nine people and the lowering of the Confederate flag from the capitol building.

Can I ask you, what government agency ever under any administration to date has advocated such policies to cause you to think that the Second Amendment gives you the right to kill me outright and w/no remorse or consequences? Using the same rights that should afford me Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness? Are you gun advocates insane???

Gov't Tyranny...

You have got to be kidding me...

Carl[/quote]
"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline mrclose

Re: It's Friday, I'm Tired And I Can No Longer Debate An Idiot
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 12:57:49 AM »
I am going to 'bump' this because I want to warn you all .. I am going to steal the very best suggestions and use em! :lmao:

~ Anonymous

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 06:55:16 AM »
Almost all of them will use the small penis syndrome thing sooner or later. You know "you need that gun to compensate for your tiny dick". They all say it! Then I lay the Freud quote on them.  “A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” They may say there is no proof he said it or wrote it you know snopes said so BS. Regardless of that it sure rings true don't it?
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 07:00:31 AM »
Go the the RKBA forum at DU:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=forum&id=1172

There you will find a fair number of liberal gun owners for doggedly defend the 2nd Amendment (though they are all accused of being RW trolls).

Their arguments will serve you better because they argue from the lefty mindset where we as conservatives don't think like lefties so the guy you are arguing with won't connect with what is being explained.

BTW: They take a lost of abuse. The gun control faction on DU is pretty damned nasty and gets away with insults that would be hidden in any one else's case but the 2A supporters trudge on with articles, arguments, facts and whatnot.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline RayRaytheSBS

• "There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men."
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 09:08:11 AM »
Can I ask you, what government agency ever under any administration to date has advocated such policies to cause you to think that the Second Amendment gives you the right to kill me outright and w/no remorse or consequences? Using the same rights that should afford me Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness? Are you gun advocates insane???

So let me get this straight, this oxygen-thief is proposing that we believe the 2nd amendment gives us a 'free pass' to kill other people. No, that is NOT what we believe. That is what the criminal justice system is SUPPOSED to determine, whether a person is guilty of a crime, or if they defended themselves. In the meantime, whether he likes it or not, it still does not impede my right to bear arms as is outlined in the constitution, specifically, the second amendment.

As to the rights of life, liberty and 'pursuit' of happiness, here is this:

"Ah yes, [life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness]... Life? What 'right' to life has a man who is drowning in the Pacific? The ocean will not hearken to his cries. What 'right' to life has a man who must die to save his children? If he chooses to save his own life, does he do so as a matter of 'right'? If two men are starving and cannibalism is the only alternative to death, which man's right is 'unalienable'? And is it 'right'? As to liberty, the heroes who signed the great document pledged themselves to buy liberty with their lives. Liberty is never unalienable; it must be redeemed regularly with the blood of patriots or it always vanishes. Of all the so-called natural human rights that have ever been invented, liberty is least likely to be cheap and is never free of cost. The third 'right'?—the 'pursuit of happiness'? It is indeed unalienable but it is not a right; it is simply a universal condition which tyrants cannot take away nor patriots restore. Cast me into a dungeon, burn me at the stake, crown me king of kings, I can 'pursue happiness' as long as my brain lives—but neither gods nor saints, wise men nor subtle drugs, can ensure that I will catch it."

Robert Heinlein- 'Starship Troopers' Lt. Col. Jean V. Dubois (Ret.), p. 119; expanding on his statement that "a human being has no natural rights of any nature."

As was so eloquently stated there, There is NO GUARANTEE of the so-called 'inalienable rights' as outlined in the constitution. However, the 2nd amendment is pretty cut and dry explicit. It is something tangible and quantifiable, which is something that 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' aren't.
“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms”

“The best things in life are beyond money; their price is agony and sweat and devotion ... and the price demanded for the most precious of all things in life is life itself - ultimate cost for perfect value.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 09:15:51 AM »
If libs don't want to defend them and theirs, let them have at it.
They have no right to insist you can't defend you and yours.
Almost every argument libs have about gun control is a feel good smoke screen.
Would it be nice if everyone in the world loved each other and got along famously...yes.
Will that ever happen...it hasn't happened even once in the whole of recorded human history(on the non fiction non revisionist side).
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 09:29:39 AM »
I am just tired of debating an idiot who demands gun control.

mrclose,

Why do you bother? Remember PhDD's short excursion to the Cave. When we challenged her emotional arguments she spun out of control, shit on the carpet, and ran away.  They're all like that.

You'd have to teach this proglodyte to think critically, and not be ruled by his fears. It won't happen. There is no amount of fact or reason which will overcome his fear and loathing.

The moonbat can demand gun control, but his demands mean nothing. So... **** him. Let him swing in the wind.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2015, 09:30:08 AM »
If libs don't want to defend them and theirs, let them have at it.
They have no right to insist you can't defend you and yours.
Almost every argument libs have about gun control is a feel good smoke screen.
Would it be nice if everyone in the world loved each other and got along famously...yes.
Will that ever happen...it hasn't happened even once in the whole of recorded human history(on the non fiction non revisionist side).

Well said, and high five.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2015, 09:30:55 AM »
"Ah yes, [life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness]... Life? What 'right' to life has a man who is drowning in the Pacific? The ocean will not hearken to his cries. What 'right' to life has a man who must die to save his children? If he chooses to save his own life, does he do so as a matter of 'right'? If two men are starving and cannibalism is the only alternative to death, which man's right is 'unalienable'? And is it 'right'? As to liberty, the heroes who signed the great document pledged themselves to buy liberty with their lives. Liberty is never unalienable; it must be redeemed regularly with the blood of patriots or it always vanishes. Of all the so-called natural human rights that have ever been invented, liberty is least likely to be cheap and is never free of cost. The third 'right'?—the 'pursuit of happiness'? It is indeed unalienable but it is not a right; it is simply a universal condition which tyrants cannot take away nor patriots restore. Cast me into a dungeon, burn me at the stake, crown me king of kings, I can 'pursue happiness' as long as my brain lives—but neither gods nor saints, wise men nor subtle drugs, can ensure that I will catch it."

Robert Heinlein- 'Starship Troopers' Lt. Col. Jean V. Dubois (Ret.), p. 119; expanding on his statement that "a human being has no natural rights of any nature."

High five.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2015, 10:19:39 AM »
So let me make sure I have this right. A gun to my face even if I have a legal gun somewhere beyond my reach is the equivalent of some form of Government tyranny when they say, "Hey, more folks are killed by their own guns than any perpetrator has used in violent crimes. These folks know where your guns are stashed and enjoy killing you w/your own weapon."

Was that verbal hash intended to be intelligible and have a point? If one wakes up to or comes around a corner to, literally, a gun in one's face, of course having one's own gun out of reach isn't helpful. Duh! And any gun owner with one half of a functioning brain cell understand that running for one's gun when face to face with a criminal's gun will swiftly prove fatal. Duh! But many times gun owners are aware of the criminal's presence in time to get their gun and use it. And many gun owners who initially had to refrain from getting their gun were able to do so later, when the criminal got over-confident and/or distracted.

Don't focus too narrowly on a hypothetical situation crafted to be "unanswerable". Such scenarios are typically unrealistic and/or much more narrow than the breadth of reality and/or assume the set-up doesn't change (e.g. the criminal doesn't get distracted).

For the most part no one can express in quantifiable terms how many deaths have been avoided or  lives saved by gun owners. Not one instance has been recorded in quite a long time. What we do know is that many accidental deaths have occurred due to folks not securing their weapons against the natural curiosity of children.

Circular reasoning. Of course lives saved cannot be quantified with certainty! Because those lives were saved! But lives saved can be estimated rather simply. When a gun owner incapacitates or kills a criminal, how many innocents, the gun owner included, were present in the home or business? Their lives were saved. From there, it's a matter of documenting such incidents. If the data is incomplete, so what! The more such data, the more lives saved!

If gun owners are careless (relative rarities, given the % of such accidents compared to the total number of legally owned guns!), the solution is greater care, not taking away all guns from all legal owners, the careful ones included. Realizing that government will never be able to mandate & enforce a utopian world would help, but that seems a pretty advanced concept for modern Libs & Progs.

Another factor that stands out, that gun enthusiasts avoid, is that the Sandy Hook killings, were due to flagrant violations by folks that were permitted access and licensing for such weapons.  These folks weren't criminals! But their asshole son got access to them and not only killed 26 innocent victims, but killed his own mother, the owner of said weapons. So, twenty eight victims are dead, including the person who started the slaughter of innocents who eventually took his own life.

The answer to the impotence of some of the most stringent gun laws in the US is even more stringent gun laws? That's like doubling down on a race horse that is already dead. Criminals will always be able to get guns:

* Disarming law-abiding citizens increases the victim pool and decreases danger for criminals

* Government-mandated and businesses' voluntary "gun-free zones" are recognized and used by criminals as kill zones;

* Post- Sandy Hook, businesses that voluntarily enforce "gun-free zones" should be sued into bankruptcy by victims' families, for wrongful death due to those businesses having made their premises a kill zone; in cases like Sandy Hook, the school districts and state governments should be sued by victims' families, on the same basis.

Nine folks in a church in Charleston, SC were having a bible study when a person walked in and sat w/them and discussed the lesson. Then he fired off a weapon that resulted in the death of nine people and the lowering of the Confederate flag from the capitol building.

An instance where existing gun laws should have been sufficient, but some official screwed up; more stringent laws would have been rendered just as impotent by the same screw-up. This "argument" amounts to nothing but an emotive exploitation of a tragedy.

"Gun advocates" advocate self-defense of people and property, not random, capricious, killing. So this is a ludicrous straw man argument. Unless due to misunderstanding, straw man arguments are inherently dishonest and signify that the person making it knows they cannot make their point honestly. The latter is true when ad hominem attacks, such as "gun nuts", are used.

Your "friend" can't bring themselves to acknowledge that the gun-free utopia of their imagination is impossible, and government attempt to mandate it will only increase murders and crime generally.

Is it time for you to recognize that your friend is a "true believer", i.e. not persuadable by reason or facts?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 10:30:08 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2015, 10:36:05 AM »
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal;

that they are endowed

by their Creator

with inherent and inalienable rights
; that among these, are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

God gives you life and the chance to live it, the chance to be free and to find happiness.

Not man. God.

that to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed;

In order to secure those rights, that is to protect those who can not protect themselves- man creates a ruling body and giving it the power to protect and secure those rights.

that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness."

When any government tries to take away the rights of it's people it is the RIGHT of that people to fix it or abolish that government.

That's about where we are today.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2015, 07:43:55 PM »

Have you always had this comprehension problem, or are you having a stroke now?  As desirable and generally beneficial to society and gene pool as killing you might be, nobody is arguing the the Second Amendment gives anyone a right to do that.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2015, 09:38:55 PM »
You can't reason with the left. It is futile.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline mrclose

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2015, 08:45:39 PM »
I want to THANK YOU all for your responses!!

As I said in my post .. I will (And Did) steal a LOT of some of your responses and a little from the rest of you. :-)

Altogether .. I guess that I stole Everything! :rotf:

~ Anonymous

Offline mrclose

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2015, 09:07:27 PM »
You can't reason with the left. It is futile.

If you want total security, go to prison.
There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on.
The only thing lacking... is freedom.

Of course, even in prison there are 'home made knives' and zip guns. :panic:

(Just think what those 'creative' minds could create out in the real world when the liberal, gun free utopia becomes a reality!) :lmao: 

~ Anonymous

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2015, 09:22:28 PM »
I have found that it is pointless to try to argue gun rights with a bunch of liberal mental midgets.  Gather stats on how crime has decreased in those states that allow concealed carry and also post stories of how guns have saved lives.  Even with stats in their face in black and white their response generally is that those stats were taken from pro-gun websites.  I have also given an example of how England surrendered their rights to bear arms and how crime and violence has increased.  Again; the liberal mental midget mentality is amazing.  Remember; you just can't fix stupid.    :hammer:      Good Luck!

http://www.nraila.org/
I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2015, 11:29:37 PM »
http://www.nraila.org/

That is a good source. I read two or three stories of armed self-defense from the NRA on the air each Wednesday.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.