Author Topic: Gays who believe homosexuality is a mental illness  (Read 1521 times)

Offline johnhankle177

• Probationary (Probie)
Gays who believe homosexuality is a mental illness
« on: June 07, 2015, 01:52:36 PM »

Hello

This is the first time I have posted so please forgive me if I have this topic in the wrong place. However, I had a questions and was hoping to receive some help.

I am writing an article about gays who are against the homosexual agenda and thought I would include something in there about homosexuality and mental health. In the 1970s the APA changed the classification of homosexuality so it was no longer considered mental illness and many psychology and psychiatry organizations all over the world have followed. However, there was little basis at that time to think it should be changed and that decision has faced criticism as being political more than scientific.

In that vein I was wondering if anyone knew of any homosexuals who believe homosexuality is a mental illness or at the very least think that the 1970s decision by the APA was wrong (while you can include ex-gays, I am looking more for people who currently claim to be gay).

Does anyone know of anything like this?

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
Re: Gays who believe homosexuality is a mental illness
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 02:13:58 PM »
Obamazombie and I are male lesbians if that would be of any help.  I'm pretty sure there are others on this forum but, sadly they remain in the closet.

Welcome to CC.

Offline Belle

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 02:20:30 PM »
Entrapment?

Perhaps we should discuss something political.

How about the strength of the LGBT group as a national lobbying group?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_Rights_National_Lobby

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 02:21:14 PM »
Obamazombie and I are male lesbians if that would be of any help.  I'm pretty sure there are others on this forum but, sadly they remain in the closet.

Welcome to CC.

Being a female trapped in a male body, who loves other females(as long as they aren't butchy) is hard work.
But someone's got to do it.

As for the mental disorder, I recently posted a reply here to a Bruce Jenner thread and linked to an article by a psychiatrist who has stated that sexual disorders cannot be cured by surgery.
I also posted and article about an septuagenarian who cautions Bruce that there will be regrets later on in his life if he goes through with what he is planning.
The septuagenarian I linked to took the same course of action Bruce did, and now regrets it.

P.S.
I hope you know, if you are moleing or trolling, you will be found out in short order.

Otherwise, just as my good friend Bad Dog proclaims...
Welcome to CC.

edit:darn autocorrect
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 02:38:27 PM by obumazombie »
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Belle

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 02:25:04 PM »
Bad Dog:  "Obamazombie and I are male lesbians if that would be of any help." 

Ha!  I needed a laugh, thank you!  Oh, no, you mean its not a laugh?!?  What's a belle to do?

Loving this thread.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 02:47:51 PM »
I don't have any examples for you, but I imagine it would be difficult to the point of impossible to find what you're looking for. Almost 40 years after the APA voted to remove homosexuality from its list of disorders, there are practically no homosexuals alive today who were adults before the change.

A homosexual like you describe would be rarer than a rainbow unicorn.

Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline johnhankle177

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 02:55:38 PM »
Entrapment?

Perhaps we should discuss something political.

How about the strength of the LGBT group as a national lobbying group?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_Rights_National_Lobby

No entrapment here just asking people their opinions and thoughts or if they know anyone else who has expressed their thoughts on this topic (be they on this thread, or a public figure, or whatever).

As for discussing something "political", by all means do so, but this thread has its purpose and topic so why try to change it? Why not start a separate thread?

Offline johnhankle177

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2015, 02:57:14 PM »
I don't have any examples for you, but I imagine it would be difficult to the point of impossible to find what you're looking for. Almost 40 years after the APA voted to remove homosexuality from its list of disorders, there are practically no homosexuals alive today who were adults before the change.

A homosexual like you describe would be rarer than a rainbow unicorn.

Thanks for the reply, but I never said I was a homosexual.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2015, 03:01:53 PM »

Who's calling you a homo ?
A bit defensive there fella ?
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2015, 03:01:58 PM »

I didn't say you are a homosexual. I wrote "A homosexual like you describe would be rarer than a rainbow unicorn". Excuse my poor grammar, I should have said "A homosexual as you describe would be rarer than a rainbow unicorn."
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline johnhankle177

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2015, 03:18:24 PM »

Also should have mentioned that it could be from anytime not just now (it could even be from people before the guidline change in the APA who were opposed to the change before it happened).

Sorry wasn't entirely clear.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2015, 03:22:45 PM »
New guy shows up positing a thread like this?

Careful what you say folks....IMO the n00b is looking for gotcha quotes.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2015, 03:25:13 PM »
Also should have mentioned that it could be from anytime not just now (it could even be from people before the guidline change in the APA who were opposed to the change before it happened).

Can't help you.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Belle

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2015, 03:26:06 PM »
johnhankie177:  "As for discussing something "political", by all means do so, but this thread has its purpose and topic so why try to change it? Why not start a separate thread?"

Fair enough.

But since I don't know anything about this subject, I suppose I should shut up.

However, here's a question.  Gays have their own parade (Gay Pride); LGBT's have their own Pride Month. & that's fine, we're a free country.  I  feel discriminated against because there isn't a straight parade or designated month.   Same thing in Congress.  There's a black caucus, an asian-pacific caucus, an hispanic caucus, even a Sikhs caucus, but no white caucus.  To whom should I address my complaint?

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2015, 03:35:43 PM »

Frankly, from my perspective (limited though it may be) you still aren't......entirely clear.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2015, 05:17:55 PM »
John, first of all:
NEVER use your name as a handle. There are stalkers and worse on the net. Why make it easy for them? Seriously, only Ron Paul types are dumb enough do that.

As to your post. You are on the wrong forum. No one here will be able to help you.
I suggest two things:
1) Google
2) Going to gay and lezzy forums and posting that question.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2015, 08:05:08 PM »
John, first of all:
NEVER use your name as a handle. There are stalkers and worse on the net. Why make it easy for them? Seriously, only Ron Paul types are dumb enough do that.

As to your post. You are on the wrong forum. No one here will be able to help you.
I suggest two things:
1) Google
2) Going to gay and lezzy forums and posting that question.

Not one of us was helpful ?
I thought that all of us were helpful in dissuading john from trolling.