Author Topic: GOP strikes provision giving housing preferences to felons over returning troops  (Read 1590 times)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
House Republican Whip Roy Blunt (Mo.) issued the following statement today after the House passed an amendment authored by Rep. Sam Graves (R-Mo.) making sure America’s veterans are given a chance at securing adequate housing before preferences are extended to those who have violated our laws:

“If the majority is going to use this legislation to assign housing preferences to certain groups ahead of others, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to insist America’s veterans are put atop that list. Thankfully, we were able to pass an amendment on the floor today that will ensure just that – turning aside an effort by Democratic leaders to extend preferential treatment to criminal offenders at the expense of our nation’s veterans.

“Far too many men and women whose lives have been spent in service to this country find themselves today in need of public housing. At least with the passage of this amendment, these vets won’t have to stand in line behind criminal offenders – some, only months removed from prison – as they work with HUD and other agencies to secure an adequate housing arrangement.

“I want to thank Sam Graves for his hard work in helping craft and offer this amendment, and his strong and persistent leadership on behalf of veterans in our state and across the country.”

Here are the Democrap weasels who voted against the measure to put troops ahead of felons:
Becerra
Castor
Clarke
Clay
Conyers
Davis (IL)
DeGette
Dingell
Ellison
Grijalva
Gutierrez
Honda
Johnson, E. B.
Kucinich
Lee
Lewis (GA)
McDermott
Miller, George
Moran (VA)
Richardson
Schakowsky
Slaughter
Stark
Thompson (MS)
Waters
Watson
Woolsey
Wynn

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/01/17/gop-strikes-provision-giving-housing-preferences-to-convicted-felons/
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle