Author Topic: Tim Russert Dies, BFEE to blame?  (Read 3044 times)

Offline JakeStyle

Tim Russert Dies, BFEE to blame?
« on: June 13, 2008, 03:35:05 PM »
dave123williams  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Jun-13-08 04:18 PM
Original message
Correct me if I'm off the mark here, but isn't the key witness in the Libby trial...now dead?

It was Russert's testimony to investigators that was largely responsible for the establishment of a special prosecutor:

"Scooter Libby, chief of staff for Vice President Dick Cheney, told special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald that Russert was the first to tell him of the identity of Central Intelligence Agency officer Valerie Plame (Mrs. Joseph C. Wilson). Russert testified previously and again in United States v. I. Lewis Libby that he did not tell Libby of Mrs. Wilson's CIA identity."

Bold added for emphasis.

Who else might not have wanted Russert ever testifying against them, I wonder?

RichGirl  (406 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Jun-13-08 04:27 PM
Response to Original message
9. It is sick to think this way....but...

...I admit, when I saw "dead at 58" my first thought was "who wanted him dead". Nothing shocks me anymore and nothing is unbelievable anymore. But for now REST IN PEACE TIM.

CountAllVotes  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Jun-13-08 04:30 PM
Response to Reply #9
10. Admittedly I thought the exact same thing

who oh who? Fifty-eight years old is awfully young. :tinfoilhat:

Frigging Idiots  http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3445679

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Tim Russert Dies, BFEE to blame?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 03:39:23 PM »
dave123williams  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Jun-13-08 04:18 PM
Original message
Correct me if I'm off the mark here, but isn't the key witness in the Libby trial...now dead?

People's health doesn't have a legal and defined statute of limitations, douche nozzle.  :whatever:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 04:11:27 PM »
CountAllVotes  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Jun-13-08 04:30 PM
Response to Reply #9
10. Admittedly I thought the exact same thing

who oh who? Fifty-eight years old is awfully young. :tinfoilhat:

Actually those four scouts who died the other day were awful young. 58 and a heart attack happens all the time.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 04:15:41 PM »

Ghost in the Machine   (1000+ posts)            Fri Jun-13-08 04:56 PM
Response to Reply #8
23. Have you ever heard about putting Visene, or a horse medication (ACE) in someone's drink?

They'll be dead in 5 minutes, with symptoms of a heart attack... and no autopsy shows it unless it is specifically being looked for...

Occam Bandage   (1000+ posts)         Fri Jun-13-08 05:03 PM
Response to Reply #26
30. I know when I hear that a 58-year-old overweight diabetic workaholic died of a heart attack,

Edited on Fri Jun-13-08 05:09 PM by Occam Bandage
my first thought is "I bet it was murder."
:lmao:

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 04:20:34 PM »
Teh stoopid is strong with these people.

What, nobody ever dies of a heart attack in their late 50's?  My FIL almost did in his EARLY 50's.  I had a friend who keeled over at work, aged 47. 

Sorry 'bats, happens all the time.  It sucks losing Mr. Russert, but don't think for a second anyone else had anything to do with it.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 04:21:08 PM »
Democratic Underground CSI

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 04:27:45 PM »
I bet they will find it tied to the fact that Mr. Russert flew home from Italy the night before. Those transatlantic flights are horrible on the circulatory system.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 04:29:40 PM »

In their case, CSI stands for Criminally Stupid Imbeciles.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 04:42:50 PM »
Occam Bandage   (1000+ posts)         Fri Jun-13-08 05:03 PM
Response to Reply #26
30. I know when I hear that a 58-year-old overweight diabetic workaholic died of a heart attack,

Edited on Fri Jun-13-08 05:09 PM by Occam Bandage
my first thought is "I bet it was murder."

ROFL!!!  Best.  Post.  EVAR!!!

Followed by one of the worst ever:

Ghost in the Machine  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)
Fri Jun-13-08 05:18 PM
Response to Reply #30
39. How many of those played a key role in getting a member of a criminal cabal indicted/convicted of a

crime? Inquisitive minds always look deeper. Simple minds stop at simple answers/solutions...

just sayin'....

The irony is that the person this nitwit is responding to uses as part of his handle the name of the person who came up with the principle that states, "Entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity," which is often rendered as "All other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best."

Then there's this:

dave123williams  (1000+ posts)
Fri Jun-13-08 05:28 PM
Response to Reply #24
45. Well, we're going to find out - Sibley Hospital just announced that they're doing an autopsy.

And when the autopsy shows he died of natural causes, do you think it will make any difference to the conspiracy kooks on the DUmp?  Of course it won't!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 04:50:34 PM by jinxmchue »

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 05:03:06 PM »
Gee, this is suspicious and intriguing.  Someone in the upper up must be suspicious too.  They hardly almost never do an autopsy on the body of someone who died suddenly.  : rolleyes :

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008, 05:21:19 PM »

In their case, CSI stands for Criminally Stupid Imbeciles.

Okay, both of you . . . H5!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2008, 05:22:55 PM »
Ghost in the Machine   (1000+ posts)            Fri Jun-13-08 04:56 PM
Response to Reply #8
23. Have you ever heard about putting Visene, or a horse medication (ACE) in someone's drink?

They'll be dead in 5 minutes, with symptoms of a heart attack... and no autopsy shows it unless it is specifically being looked for...

Um, I'm wondering where in the hell you got that little tidbit of information from? From all accounts, Visene is supposed to just give you the shits.

....or did you think John Beckwith was trying to really kill "Sack" Lodge? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0396269/

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2008, 05:26:35 PM »

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2008, 05:26:56 PM »
Every time I read one of these tinfoil laced paranoid delusions the first and ONLY thought that comes to mind is "pathetic"
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2008, 06:01:26 PM »
Oh FFS!!!

My grandfather died in the same exact manner at the same age. He was also 58 and fell dead from a massive heart attack in a parking lot. It happens DUmmies.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2008, 06:07:00 PM »
Oh FFS!!!

My grandfather died in the same exact manner at the same age. He was also 58 and fell dead from a massive heart attack in a parking lot. It happens DUmmies.

My maternal Grandfather died of a heart attack at 51. He was a smoker and drank, as do I. If there's anyone I take after in my family, in terms of physical features, likes, dislikes, etc., it's him. I don't expect to live past 55. Satan, here I come, beeyatch! Pack yo bags! I'm taking over! :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 06:08:33 PM by Rebel »

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2008, 06:17:28 PM »
ROFL! My dad says he plans on turning in his body "well used". :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2008, 06:25:15 PM »
On another pile of DUng.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x3351389

BklnDem75 (102 posts)      Fri Jun-13-08 05:18 PM
Response to Reply #4
235. hillaryis44.org is calling it karma
 "dot48 Says:
June 13th, 2008 at 4:19 pm

After the way the whole team at NBC, MSNBC and Timmeh in particular treated Hillary .. I can’t be sorry.

Sorry, I just can’t.

I offer prayers for his son who will have to deal with the loss.

He sliced, diced, and stuck knitting needles in Hillary every *******n Day.

Karma is a bitch.

Today is Friday the 13th and the COUNTDOWN for Olgermann and Tweety Bird is on…"

Pure hatred...

http://www.hillaryis44.org/ 

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2008, 07:16:29 PM »
Teh stoopid is strong with these people.

What, nobody ever dies of a heart attack in their late 50's?  My FIL almost did in his EARLY 50's.  I had a friend who keeled over at work, aged 47. 

Sorry 'bats, happens all the time.  It sucks losing Mr. Russert, but don't think for a second anyone else had anything to do with it.
Douglas Adams died of a heart attack in his early 50's.  If memory serves, he was on a treadmill when it happened.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2008, 07:42:48 PM »
My best friend's brother, a school teacher/minister who never had a cigarette or a sip of alcohol in his life, dropped dead at 39 on January 4, 2003.  He was slightly overweight, but nothing alarming.

I had not seen the guy in a few years until I saw him at my best friend's mother-in-law's memorial service eleven months before he died.  I was surprised by how "pear shaped" he had become.  My life experiences has shown me that a "pear shape" is not good.  It generally means heart problems exist.

After his death, I felt badly because I didn't say something to him the last time I saw him alive.  It would have been awkward and out of place to have done so, but still.....

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2008, 07:46:20 PM »
I have a friend (non-smoker/non-drinker/6'2"/200 lbs.) that had a heart attack at 35. Fortunately, he didn't die, but for the DUmmies to try to pin something like this on Bush is beyond stupid.
Never demand that which you are incapable of taking by force, DUmmie.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2008, 08:06:13 PM »
Both my Father and second oldest brother just barely escaped having heart attacks in their 50's when their Doctors found out both of them needed heart surgery. My Brother is still waiting to get permission to go back to work as an airline pilot over one year later from his surgery . 
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2008, 08:19:09 PM »
They moved it to the Sept. 11 dungeon. :rotf:
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2008, 11:30:25 PM »
Update on my last post:

Occam Bandage  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)
Fri Jun-13-08 06:38 PM
Response to Reply #39
62. entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Mole?   :-)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2008, 08:15:26 AM »
They are now reporting that Russert had coronary artery disease...guess taht's the BFEE's fault too.

Cheney musta gave it to him during one of the times he was on the show.

:whatever:

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn