Author Topic: Gerry Ferraro Wants Obama to Pay Clinton's Debt  (Read 1353 times)

Offline Lauri

Gerry Ferraro Wants Obama to Pay Clinton's Debt
« on: June 05, 2008, 11:53:52 PM »
hnmnf 
Gerry Ferraro Wants Obama to Pay Clinton's Debt.

Geraldine Ferraro has a plan for Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) to recoup her sizable campaign debt: Have Sen. Barack Obama’s (D-Ill.) fundraisers pick up the tab.

After a long primary season, the Clinton campaign’s expenditures have far exceeded the amount of donations it has received so far, and the campaign has accumulated debt of more than $19 million, according to campaign finance reports. Much of that debt consists of unpaid salaries and bills to vendors.

When questioned about Clinton fundraisers being asked to join the Obama campaign, Ferraro told The Hill, “These are the people raising hundreds of thousands of dollars. I would hope that would do the same thing with his fundraisers to pay off Hillary’s debt.”

Ferraro, a former Democratic congresswoman from New York and the Democrats’ 1984 vice presidential candidate, strongly supported Clinton and raised funds for her.

This election, losing candidates have asked for contributions to retire their campaigns debt. Sen. Chris Dodd (D-Conn.), Gov. Bill Richardson (D-N.M.), and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R) are engaged in such campaigns and have found help from other candidates.

Ferraro resigned from her position on Clinton’s national finance committee in March after making comments suggesting Obama’s success is due to his being black.

Ferraro said she has not been asked to raise funds for the Obama campaign.

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/ferraro-wants-obama...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x6289759

huge thread... :-)

Offline Lauri

Re: Gerry Ferraro Wants Obama to Pay Clinton's Debt
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 11:55:36 PM »
Mooney 
3. I know we're supposed to lay off trashing HRC, but can we still talk shit about Ferraro?

Please?

:evillaugh:

Offline Lauri

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 11:57:03 PM »
Poll_Blind 
15. Isn't that...sexist? To expect a man to pay for some lady's drunken spending spree? n/t   Updated at 9:09 PM

PB

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 11:59:00 PM »
I thought Dems were all about spending other peoples money?   :p
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Lauri

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 12:05:23 AM »

well sure.. just not their's.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 09:51:20 AM »

They are.

HRH HRC racks up 24 million in debts for ads slamming Borat Osama, and now he's expected to pick up the tab for the ads which attacked him. 

Perfectly in line with standard NeoCom thinking by my judgement.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 10:07:46 AM »

pay her off.  maybe she will go away.  otherwise, she is going to be showing up drunk at his rallies asking for pocket change.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 11:03:14 AM »

pay her off.  maybe she will go away.  otherwise, she is going to be showing up drunk at his rallies asking for pocket change.

Bill and Hillary explain how it all went wrong ...

[youtube=425,350]ltiY-BqvOIU[/youtube]

Offline Lauri

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 11:13:15 AM »

Bill and Hillary explain how it all went wrong ...

[youtube=425,350]ltiY-BqvOIU[/youtube]

oh my God... that was just terrible  :lmao: