Author Topic: Michelle and Obama bump knuckles .. edited: **DU Alert on CNN**  (Read 962 times)

Offline Lauri

Bicoastal 
It's strange what the media will fixate on some times...(ON EDIT: DU ON CNN ALERT!!)

Edited on Fri Jun-06-08 12:22 AM by Bicoastal
...everyone's talking about Barack and Michelle's "fist bump" as if it were the strangest, most alien thing in the world. Some are entranced, others skeptical, but the question is--

Did anyone BESIDES me totally miss this moment? And why is it such a huge newsmaking event?

ON EDIT: Take a look at Jeanne Moos' coverage of the "bump"--does the website at 0:45 look familiar? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0rPThu6A4o

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x6297509

that's funny :-) I told my husband Tuesday night when Michelle and Obama bumped knuckles, "looks like they are playing basketball .. not running for the highest office in the land."

i'm not going to rake them over the coals about it - i just expect more, i dunno, mature behavior from anyone in their position.

Offline Lauri

Re: Michelle and Obama bump knuckles .. edited: **DU Alert on CNN**
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 11:39:33 PM »
beezlebum 
2. setting the stage

focusing on irrelevancies and trivialties, because obama kicks mccain's ass on matters of substance, starting now so it won't be too obvious when the ball really gets rolling.
if they focus on the things that matter, it just wouldn't seem fair.

well then... Obama wont have any problems coming to all those town hall meetings with McCain? i guess we'll have to wait and see who has the actual substance. 

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 11:50:58 PM »
I would have been impressed if they had bumped hips/butts like dancing 20 or 30 years ago. Bumping knuckles is rather classless. I think most people are unimpressed with knuckle bumping.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 12:04:43 AM »
I would have been impressed if they had bumped hips/butts like dancing 20 or 30 years ago. Bumping knuckles is rather classless. I think most people are unimpressed with knuckle bumping.

its something younger people do ... it would be the same if Obama walked up to a podium and started saying, "yo yo.. what up dog?" it just looks and sounds stupid.

it was fairly unbecoming for a wife to do it to her husband .. they looked like teammates at a pick up game, not presidential.