Author Topic: Two very interesting events. Bounce, bounce ....  (Read 1153 times)

Offline ScubaGuy

Two very interesting events. Bounce, bounce ....
« on: June 05, 2008, 07:20:01 PM »
It's got conversions, minorities everything except a cop jumping out of the bushes and it did't start with 'SO I WAS....'

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3393096

flamin lib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jun-05-08 07:30 PM
Original message

Two very interesting events.

I work the graveyard shift at a convenience store and meet a wide variety of people. One of the staff I work with is an 18 year old little shit but that’s a whole different story. The reason he’s important is that he found out I’m a Democrat and he chooses to belittle me for that. “I’m voting for McCain, a vote for McCain is a vote for America,” and that sort of shit.

Anyway, he needs a ride home and his friend show up to provide a ride home. I’m introduced as “the Democrat, yeah, that’s what they look like” and his friend takes his lead off that jab.

I respond, “Yeah and this is a Republican who votes against his own interest.” To which the young man replies, “Hey, I’m voting McCain because he’s pro military and I’m enlisting as soon as I graduate.”

I said, “Pro military, huh. Call him and ask why he is voting against increasing Veteran’s education benefits to cover a four year degree. While you’re at it ask why he’s voted against every expansion of Veteran’s benefits since 1999.”

“Hmmm. I guess I’ll have to do some research.”

A few weeks later he again comes in to give a ride to the little shit. “Have you done any research?” “Yeah, and you’re right. McCain is no friend of the soldiers. Still, I just don’t know about Obama . . .”

“Look, the Republicans aren’t your friend. Three years into the war and guys like you still didn’t have body armor or up-armored vehicles. Today, in the sixth year of war, we can’t deliver MRAPS to prevent half of the casualties from IEDs. Yet the second ‘next generation’ fighter plane designed to kill an enemy that doesn’t exist costs $685 an ounce. We could build it out of sterling silver and save $ 2 mil a copy. But don’t take my word for it, look it up for yourself.”

“Thanks, I will.”

It makes me feel good to know not everybody is like the little shit I have to work with.

Second event:

2:00 AM and three young black men come into the store. I mention race only because it adds to the dimension of the character. One, the fellow everybody seems to defer to, flashes his tattoos to me and says, “Just got back. Second tour in Faluja, Jack. US ****in’ marines.” He’s heavy into the persona of hip-hop street-smart and just a little intimidating.

I’m 60, white, a little overweight and a lot gray. I said, “You have my respect Sir. Faluja is not a very nice place. I never saw combat myself. The only action I saw was in Washington D.C. I was there in September of 1969 for the Vietnam Moratorium and again in May of 1970 for the May Day protest. Riot control. 500,000 protesters on the streets and 500,000 soldiers in Vietnam. Maybe it’s time to do that again.”

His whole demeanor changed. He relaxed, made eye contact and offered his hand across the sales counter.

I wish I could talk to these people or about them without being all verklimpt. It’s just hard sometimes.

modified by franksolich to add name of primitive
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 07:28:37 PM by franksolich »
25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
Re: Two very interesting events. Bounce, bounce ....
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 07:23:20 PM »
I would call bull shit but that would be too insulting to bovine fecal material.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 07:24:36 PM »
Depending on where you enroll, the GI Bill has paid for a 4-year degree for years. Not to mention Tuition Assistance while you're in.

I see a man who was held as a POW for 5+ years, and STILL loves his country, and a moron who has no experience, other than bashing this country, who had it ****ing "Ivy League" made.

You wave to your little minions, Barack, John can't raise his arms that high.  :whatever:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 07:26:53 PM »
BTW, he's a 60 year old working in a ****ing convenient store with 18 year olds. What do you guys expect?

Yeah, keep blaming everyone else and voting Democrat, moron. I'm sure when Barack is elected you'll automatically have a job as a CEO somewhere.  :lmao:

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 07:30:10 PM »
Every vehicle I see with dem stickers on it I leave little tracts explaining the evils of liberalism and a number I can be reached at to help them along the way.
They ALL call and realize the truth,setting them out upon a new and happy life.

Good Lord what is it with these idiots that they feel compelled to make up this silly crap..

Oh yeah,it is because they know deep down they are losers who will never be worth a damn so it makes them feel worthy in their pitiful lives. :whatever: :mental:

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 07:40:15 PM »
Every vehicle I see with dem stickers on it I leave little tracts explaining the evils of liberalism and a number I can be reached at to help them along the way.
They ALL call and realize the truth,setting them out upon a new and happy life.

Good Lord what is it with these idiots that they feel compelled to make up this silly crap..

Oh yeah,it is because they know deep down they are losers who will never be worth a damn so it makes them feel worthy in their pitiful lives. :whatever: :mental:

Where do you get those tracts? I'd love to have some.  :cheersmate:

BTW, chances are, if they have a Dem sticker on their car, they've already made up their minds.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 08:07:15 PM »
Usually I'd give -10 on the Bouncy scale, but since this is June I'll be generous and give 1 more, for -11.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 09:11:34 PM »
BULLSHIT! Pure 100% grade "A" BULLSHIT  :bs: :bs: :bs:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".