Author Topic: Obamaite primitives in dreamland  (Read 1526 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Obamaite primitives in dreamland
« on: June 04, 2008, 06:56:20 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x6266641

Oh my.

I read this whole bonfire before I started copying-and-pasting (something I usually don't do), and it surely has a cloud-cuckooland, kuckkuckensheim, quality to it.

shadowknows69  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Jun-04-08 09:11 AM
Original message

What are the Republicans up to?

They are running John McCain, a man running purely on his war experience, and not very well to boot, and possibly the worst public speaker since, well, Bush.

On any given day either Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama or Marcel Marceau, could debate circles around this guy, in their sleep. I can see where the GOP would think they cold have beaten Senator Clinton as it's the fight they've been planning for fifteen years now, but it doesn't seem like McCain has a prayer to stop Obama. So what happened to the evil geniuses who have stolen power in this country in 8 short years? Secret despots building upon decades of silent planning to rule the world, one wonders how they could have allowed this?

My only thought is they must be relying on some superstar VP candidate to save them. The reverse Dan Quayle if you will. Where Dan was George Bush the Firsts best job security and Cheney has been George the second's, I fear the GOP is actively engaging in grave sitting for their own candidate.

It has to be prominent in even die hard GOP minds that McCain's first term could be the intellectual equivalent of Reagan's second; propping up their aging, barely coherent, puppet, wired to ear pieces and teleprompters so the neocon cabal can field the press conferences in real time behind the curtain.

They know he can't be two termer, and they know he's going to get his ass handed to him in debates. Are they really just going to rely on the old "Democrats want big government" BS they've always fallen back on when they're on the wrong side of the issues? Can these mad scientists and James Bond villains really have fallen so far?

Or do they still hold the keys to the counters? The machines are still out there people and it's been proven they can be tampered with. This more than any other reason is why we need to unite strongly in this election. We need polls going into November with Obama ahead by double digits and I expect we'll get no hope from the media on this point. I guarantee all polls will have this as a horse race when I know in my heart there can't be that many people out there who still want the self destructive status quo we have going now.

They wouldn't have let McCain get this far, and I mean they would have done anything (ANYTHING) to stop it, if they didn't have a card up their sleeve.

So, I beseech you fellow Democrats, whatever your feelings about the primaries, if your feelings have been hurt, if you don't love our candidate but think he's better than McCain. If you at all hold holy our Democratic ideals as a party and the idea of another Republican President is poison to your soul as it is to mine, then I beg you to come out in November. We need to overwhelm the machines and the exit polls, or so help me they will steal it again.

On to November and victory!!!!

Oh my. Why are visions of cloud-shrouded fantasy castles running through franksolich's head?

It's a large bonfire.

loudsue  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Jun-04-08 12:26 PM
Response to Reply #5

22. Bush is currently amassing troops on the Iranian boarder.

Anybody that thinks the danger of starting a war with Iran has passed is fooling themselves. They will pump up McCain by saying that we 'don't want to elect someone like Obama when we're in a "nukular" war defending Israel.'

Shadowknows is correct: they have a plan. They have ALTERNATIVE plans if the first one doesn't work. Those republican/neocon think tanks have brazillionz of dollars in planning, and they're not going to go into a hidey hole just because kkkarl rove is in Texas keeping his head down.

Obama needs to choose his VP candidate VERY carefully and strategically. The DLC (republican infiltrators in the Dem party) have just had their plan handed back to them, and they, with all the other republiCONs, are on the warpath.

All that potential money isn't going to sit idly by and let "we the people" take over their precious money-maker-country.

Watch the news media continue to cut off Obama's speeches so that people don't really hear what he's saying....just like they did Edwards when they were pushing him out. Watch the media keep posting unflattering pictures of Obama, and flattering pictures of McCain. The subtle, and NOT so subtle, propaganda tools will all come out of the tool box.

Tyler Durden  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Jun-04-08 09:23 AM
Response to Original message

6. We underestimate that campaign to our mortal peril.

Always remember: Republicans will mobilize behind a dried cat turd with ketchup on it, as long as it has (R) beside it on the ballot. Remember Bush?

Also they can't really lose here. If they WIN, they can blame failures on Grandpa and the Democratic Congress. If they LOSE, they can blame failures on the Democratic PRESIDENT and Congress (an even BETTER scenario in some ways).

The actions required to fix what is wrong are drastic and draconian; the chances of those actions being taken by Obama OR McCain are slender at best: a Centrist and Senility were not what was needed this time.

Hmmm.  The burdened primitive just slammed Barry "Goldwater" Obama, calling him a "Senility."

shadowknows69  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Jun-04-08 09:36 AM
Response to Reply #6

11. I fully agree with you there Tyler   

I am however more optimistic about Obama, you know that. I'd like to think I'm not star struck easily, and I think he'll actually turn out less centrist than people think. Hey I was primarily a Kucinich supporter in 2004 and 2008, then, both years yielded down to Edwards and then, ended up voting for our nominee. I think if he can pull this off that it will be more important symbolically than any policy he'll be able to implement, and we all know that about 90% of all Presidential promises aren't things they can make happen without a willing Congress anyway.

I actually wrote a column similar to what you're saying that we need real progress, obviously, above the need for an historic event. I'm not so sure I agree with that completely anymore because some people need those benchmarks and feeling of history to motivate them. I think with Obama we will hopefully find we'll get both progress and history. I get the sense from the man that he doesn't want to be known as the first black President who ended up only being a mediocre leader. Whatever happens I feel he'll be working for "us", We the people. That will be a nice change.

Ice-cream cones floating on wings of butterflies just flew by franksolich.

Tippy  (1000+ posts) Wed Jun-04-08 09:37 AM

12. Republicans are up to no good.....as always

That we are, tipsy primitive.

O.M.B.inOhio  (782 posts) Wed Jun-04-08 09:52 AM

15. A few notions...

Yes, it's very uncharacteristic of the Party of Perpetual Campaigns to let their main man look so bad for so long. So what are they up to? Top-of-my-head ideas:

1) They have a White (and he will be) Knight in the wings. Perhaps Romney who so nobly stepped down to help the party, unlike certain parties we know. Or Cheney himself. Or someone with charisma. Perhaps they were planning on running Charlton Heston.

2) Cheney's shadow government will continue operations after Obama is elected.

3) They will not give up power. After all, Bush was seated in a coup by the Supreme Court. Maybe they don't even need pretext for suspending the Constitution.

4) They're really thinking outside hte box and will eventually shift support to Bob Barr and the Libertarian Party.

5) Election fraud awaits, and the difference between exit polls and official results is attributed to unspoken racism or white "cold feet."

6) McCain's the best they got and everything they are doing is above board. Now that's implausible!

Visions of snails doing tap-dances and wearing top-hats running through this head.

Prophet 451  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Jun-04-08 02:09 PM

26. I can think of a few possibilities   

1) The VP will be Lieberman and the Walking Yawn runs on a ticket of faux-national unity, parlaying that image of being a maverick by buddying up to the more hawkish Dems, maybe making an approach to Hillary (whether she'd accept is another matter).

2) There will either be no election or no transfer of power. I'm hoping this one is unlikely but you know that W and Cheney are thinking about it and with Directive 51, they can do it more or less legally.

3) The Repubs are throwing the election. This seems unlikely but... There is an episode of the political satire The New Statesman which involves the then-Tory government discovering that the economy is going to collapse regardless of what they do, calling a snap election and throwing it which puts Labour in power just as the economy falls apart, creating a backlash which would destroy the Labour party. Now, in the episode, the whole thing ends up being a collosal con-job by Alan B'Stard (the protagonist) but given the death spiral the economy now seems to be in, I could see it happening.

4) Best case scenario, the Repubs are falling apart. While Bill Clinton was in power, there was a quiet struggle going on for control of the Republican party because the pro-business types (who were often socially liberal) and the Religious Reich. W's ascendance put that on hold because he was able to be both but the Walking Yawn can't be considered one of teh Religious Reich under any circumstances so their coalition is falling apart again.

ContinentalOp  (898 posts) Wed Jun-04-08 07:11 PM

48. I don't think Republicans want to win.

They want to pass the war, inflation, recession and all of their other problems onto a Democratic administration. The plan was to make Hillary president and spend another four years using the right wing echo chamber to further vilify liberals and the Democratic party. I think they were trying to set up a Carter style one term Democrat who could be the scapegoat for all of the problems the Bush administration created.

This bonfire is just, well.....extraordinary, even for Skins's island.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: Obamaite primitives in dreamland
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 07:15:42 PM »
It sounds like they are worried and need to reassure themselves. :-)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 07:20:24 PM »

I tell you, Carl, sir, as I mentioned, I read that whole bonfire before bringing it here.

It has a certain gossamer quality to it.

Little leprechauns dancing around mushrooms, and little sprites playing harps atop toadstools.

I'm suspecting most of the primitives at this bonfire were "high" when posting.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 07:21:21 PM »
2) Cheney's shadow government will continue operations after Obama is elected.

DAMN!

OK -- who leaked the plan?  Teh Rove will NOT be pleased.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 07:50:36 PM »

I tell you, Carl, sir, as I mentioned, I read that whole bonfire before bringing it here.

Little leprechauns dancing around mushrooms, and little sprites playing harps atop toadstools.

Picturing the primitives in their Peter Pan or Tinkerbell suits leaping around trying to be graceful but still being in the end be plodding sacks of ordinary.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 09:12:39 PM »
A more clueless group of people will will never meet.... :mental:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 09:17:09 PM »
They are running John McCain, a man running purely on his war experience, and not very well to boot, and possibly the worst public speaker since, well, Bush.

On any given day either Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama or Marcel Marceau, could debate circles around this guy,

???

Has shadow never seen Barack Hussein Obama debate?

Well, that's always what it's all about - positive affirmations to boost their own self-esteem. Barack Hussein Obama has built a whole presidential campaign doing just that.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 09:35:23 PM »
Where to start, where to start? 

On any given day either Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama or Marcel Marceau, could debate circles around this guy, in their sleep.

...and they know he's going to get his ass handed to him in debates.

BO turns into an unprepared third-grader without the benefit of a script and a teleprompter.  He will not win any points uhh-ming and stuttering his way through a national debate.

Watch the media keep posting unflattering pictures of Obama, and flattering pictures of McCain. The subtle, and NOT so subtle, propaganda tools will all come out of the tool box.

You mean like today, where all three major broadcast networks ran fluff pieces on Obama's "historic" nomination while not reporting one word about his buddy Tony Rezko?  Gotcha.

O.M.B.inOhio (782 posts)      Wed Jun-04-08 09:52 AM
15. A few notions...
 Yes, it's very uncharacteristic of the Party of Perpetual Campaigns to let their main man look so bad for so long. 

John McCain officially announced his run for the Presidency on March 1, 2007.  Obama?  Two weeks earlier.

Prophet 451  (1000+ posts)       Wed Jun-04-08 02:09 PM
26. I can think of a few possibilities

Stop thinking.  You're not doing yourself any favors if this is the result.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 09:36:27 PM »
Really.  That thread is just pure silliness.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 11:26:16 AM »

Picturing the primitives in their Peter Pan or Tinkerbell suits leaping around trying to be graceful but still being in the end be plodding sacks of ordinary.

Except over there, it's the (genetic) males who are the tinkerbells, and the (genetic) females who think they're Peter ****in' Pan.