Author Topic: Things are getting worse in Cleveland.....  (Read 5313 times)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Things are getting worse in Cleveland.....
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2008, 09:29:15 PM »
Any city that is ran by Democrats is going to fail.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2008, 09:32:45 PM »
Hey I have lived in all 3 of those states. :bawl:

JTYANGEL I should have mentioned that I would rather live in Detroit than some areas of Kentucky.  Like up near Cincinatti, there are some really icky places there.  Miami is beautiful but too dang hot!  I would melt on day one there even in winter.

I was just commenting on getting jumped on by a couple of peeps here(I don't think you did even though I might have quoted your post). My point was my favorite usually gets its fair share of comments too. People vary on this stuff. I'm not a big fan of the midwest, I'm really not. Doesn't need defending though...that's just my personal tastes and experiences. If y'all like it, that's more room for you when I leave it someday.  :-)

I admit I'm a total beach girl. I love the ocean, I love the waves, I love the sand, I love love love tropical climates. I'm also more comfortable with people who are warm and affectionate in their greetings, tone, and vivacious in their mannerisms. I think given all that it makes sense that I am comfortable in a place like Miami. I find the Latino culture and how lively and expressive it is in general more of a 'fit' for who I am. I just don't 'fit' in the midwest and I know it. I think I've only met a couple people up here that I would qualify as having those qualities without being totally crass which I also don't care for.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2008, 11:16:47 PM »
I'm not a 'buddy'. I'm a girl. And Kentucky, while beautiful, is still full of some of the more regular types on the Springer show. I think the 5 state area here supplies most of his guests.  :lmao:

I'm sorry, I've lived in a few places...the midwest would NOT be my first pick. It has its moments, but they aren't consistent enough. It's like putting your life on hold for 6 months out of the year with the weather and the people tend to be either the extreme of too reserved or the type of backwoods that provide waaaayyy TMI. 

Darn it, I knew that too. (you are "unbuddied")  :p

Cincy is just my adopted "home" but it's swell enough. When I decide to make a big move it will be to the Great Northwest, the Southeast coast, the South or the Midwest. In any case, my stand-by rule is that only the locals get to make fun of any given area w/o being challenged on it.

Peace and love...

... and  :tongue:
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2008, 05:55:15 AM »
I'm not a 'buddy'. I'm a girl. And Kentucky, while beautiful, is still full of some of the more regular types on the Springer show. I think the 5 state area here supplies most of his guests.  :lmao:

I'm sorry, I've lived in a few places...the midwest would NOT be my first pick. It has its moments, but they aren't consistent enough. It's like putting your life on hold for 6 months out of the year with the weather and the people tend to be either the extreme of too reserved or the type of backwoods that provide waaaayyy TMI. 

Cincy is just my adopted "home" but it's swell enough. When I decide to make a big move it will be to the Great Northwest, the Southeast coast, the South or the Midwest. In any case, my stand-by rule is that only the locals get to make fun of any given area w/o being challenged on it.

Peace and love...

Well, I am a local so what do you think of that?  :tongue: I get to make fun of where I live while I live here :lmao:

Hey, we still got the Buckeyes, Rearden. *waits for the SEC fans, WV fans, and Michigan fans to come and dog our team...as usual...haters :tongue: :-)*

Thanks for unbuddying me...I took the most offense to that. I'm no boy, dang it!  :thatsright: :-)

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2008, 07:58:34 AM »

Peace and love...

Well, I am a local so what do you think of that?  :tongue: I get to make fun of where I live while I live here :lmao:

Hey, we still got the Buckeyes, Rearden. *waits for the SEC fans, WV fans, and Michigan fans to come and dog our team...as usual...haters :tongue: :-)*

Thanks for unbuddying me...I took the most offense to that. I'm no boy, dang it!  :thatsright: :-)

What's there to hate?  My team won their bowl game.   :tongue: :-)
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2008, 09:57:48 AM »

Peace and love...

Oh yes, the 'next best' bowl game since they couldn't keep it together in the last two games. Let's face it, Ohio State, a team not even slated to go to the big game last year, was only there because of teams like yours that fell flat on their face in the regular season.  :popcorn: :lmao: No doubt you and the handful of others could have done a better job LAST YEAR, but you actually gotta make sure you don't blow too many regular season games to get there.  :fuelfire: :lmao:

Offline lastparker

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2008, 12:08:02 PM »
Kentucky, while beautiful, is still full of some of the more regular types on the Springer show. I think the 5 state area here supplies most of his guests.  :lmao:

FIVE states, you say?  My experience with "other" people has led me to believe the triad of stupidity is

Pennsylvania
Ohio
West Virginia

but I suppose my horizons could stand some broadening...

Probably wouldn't hurt......

Hey now.  My inlaws are all from WVA.  "WVU" adorns lots of my kids clothes.  In fact......one Christmas, my FIL bought every single person in the family a WVU t-shirt....I have a pic of it somewhere....
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2008, 06:32:54 PM »

Peace and love...

Go Bucks!!!

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Glmmc7rX-8&feature=PlayList&p=5510F10616970EC9&index=20[/youtube]
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline dandi

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2008, 06:36:10 PM »

Peace and love...

Oh yes, the 'next best' bowl game since they couldn't keep it together in the last two games. Let's face it, Ohio State, a team not even slated to go to the big game last year, was only there because of teams like yours that fell flat on their face in the regular season.  :popcorn: :lmao: No doubt you and the handful of others could have done a better job LAST YEAR, but you actually gotta make sure you don't blow too many regular season games to get there.  :fuelfire: :lmao:

You know, it seems to me that Oklahoma, much like Ohio State, got railed by teams that they should have beaten handily.  For that matter, I seem to remember more than a little fear on the part of OSU at having to face the WVU offense.  But, alas, WVU decided to lay down at the end of the year and gave OSU a chance to continue their perfect record against SEC teams.   :tongue: :rotf:

OTOH, you should be glad that OSU was bitch-slapped by LSU.  Could you imagine the embarrassment of getting blown out by UF one year and WVU the next?

:evillaugh: :-)

Offline dandi

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2008, 06:37:56 PM »
Kentucky, while beautiful, is still full of some of the more regular types on the Springer show. I think the 5 state area here supplies most of his guests.  :lmao:

FIVE states, you say?  My experience with "other" people has led me to believe the triad of stupidity is

Pennsylvania
Ohio
West Virginia

Hey now.  My inlaws are all from WVA.  "WVU" adorns lots of my kids clothes.  In fact......one Christmas, my FIL bought every single person in the family a WVU t-shirt....I have a pic of it somewhere....

It's all good, LP, I grew up there.

Offline lastparker

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2008, 02:17:57 PM »

Pennsylvania
Ohio
West Virginia

You've never met my inlaws.   :evillaugh:

kidding..... :-)
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline dandi

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2008, 08:07:17 PM »

Pennsylvania
Ohio
West Virginia

You've never met my inlaws.   :evillaugh:

kidding..... :-)

Probably don't need to.  You and I are probably relatives at this point.   :-)

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2008, 08:14:58 PM »

Peace and love...

You know, it seems to me that Oklahoma, much like Ohio State, got railed by teams that they should have beaten handily.  For that matter, I seem to remember more than a little fear on the part of OSU at having to face the WVU offense.  But, alas, WVU decided to lay down at the end of the year and gave OSU a chance to continue their perfect record against SEC teams.   :tongue: :rotf:

OTOH, you should be glad that OSU was bitch-slapped by LSU.  Could you imagine the embarrassment of getting blown out by UF one year and WVU the next?

We never had to worry about withstanding that 'embarrassment' since WVU couldn't hold it together long enough to go to the big game.  :thatsright: :evillaugh:

Offline dandi

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2008, 08:28:53 PM »

Peace and love...

We never had to worry about withstanding that 'embarrassment' since WVU couldn't hold it together long enough to go to the big game.  :thatsright: :evillaugh:

True, very true.  But at least they didn't have to make excuses as to why they got blown out so badly.

Oh, and here's one for all of the Buckeye fans:

:-)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2008, 10:08:12 PM »
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2008, 10:53:36 PM »

Peace and love...

True, very true.  But at least they didn't have to make excuses as to why they got blown out so badly.

jerk.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2008, 11:12:25 PM »

Peace and love...

jerk.

h5 for THAT! LOL  :-)

Of all the players to pick to make a point.  :whatever:

Here's a guy who turned down millions to come back to school and take care of some unfinished buisness. A guy who is fixing to be the NFL's next A.J. Hawk only with an "animal" instinct! A guy who any ACC team would fall on their knees and beg for, but lost to the Big 10 because he was ACC disqualified thanks to his parents being married and having been determined to be academically over-qualified.

Puh-lease.

:rotf:

- Ayn Rand

Offline dandi

« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2008, 11:08:05 AM »

Peace and love...

jerk.

Hey, it could have been worse.  I could have posted the scoreboards from the end of both Outback Bowls where they lost to South Carolina.

Offline dandi

« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2008, 11:10:14 AM »

Peace and love...

jerk.

Here's a guy who turned down millions to come back to school and take care of some unfinished buisness. A guy who is fixing to be the NFL's next A.J. Hawk only with an "animal" instinct! A guy who any ACC team would fall on their knees and beg for, but lost to the Big 10 because he was ACC disqualified thanks to his parents being married and having been determined to be academically over-qualified.

Puh-lease.

Yes, you're absolutely right.  He is the best guy on the #2 college football team in the nation.   :rotf:

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2008, 11:54:16 AM »
It's Cleveland!!  Didn't they have a river catch on fire a while back?  How much worse could it be?

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2008, 12:05:20 PM »
Welcome to 30 years ago.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2008, 12:08:24 PM »
Cleaveland aka. The Land that Time Forgot

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2008, 12:08:34 PM »
Yes, it has been a while.  In fact, I looked at some info sites on-line and apparently it wasn't the first time that river had fire difficulties in the Cleveland area.

So the fire problem morphed into other problems.  Such is life.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2008, 02:16:42 PM »

Peace and love...

jerk.

Puh-lease.

Yes, you're absolutely right.  He is the best guy on the #2 college football team in the nation.   :rotf:

You got me there. No wait, you had me there. This being college, it's a new team every spring.  :uhsure:

- Ayn Rand