Author Topic: primitives wonder what the problem is; Pedro Picasso doesn't help  (Read 738 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x6038836#6039000

Oh my.

Ian_rd  (1000+ posts) Tue May-20-08 08:00 AM
Original message

What in the holy hell is the problem?

after which a newspaper article describing the sexism of Barry "Goldwater" Obama is quoted.

Oh my ****ing GOD. Is this really going to be a problem? I'm hearing more and more from people who feel this way - people who consider the Obama campaign an attack on women. What the ****?

Just because Obama ran against Hillary doesn't make him a sexist. Just because he criticized her doesn't mean he wants to return to pre-Sufferage America. Can anyone honestly think of anything he has ever said that can even remotely be considered a sexist attack on Hillary?

Some idiot talking heads make comments about Clinton's chest and many Hillary supporters want to project it onto Obama. Any criticism he gives of her somehow morphs into a chauvenistic insult. And every idiotic comment uttered by any Obama supporter anywhere is by default attributed to Obama's own mouth.

THIS IS NOT MEN VS. WOMEN for **** sake. It's Clinton vs. Obama, and an Obama victory doesn't mean we are entering a new age of oppression against women.

The most nonsensical aspect of this whole hysteria is that for pure spite, many of these voters seem intent on sitting out (helping McCain by doing nothing), or actually voting for him! To spite Obama and the voters whom they consider sexist oppressors, they are going to support the man who calls his wife a "****" and will appoint a judge to take away a woman's right to an abortion. Oh yea, that makes all kinds of sense. Just how ****ing crazy are we going to get?

It's another enormous bonfire, blazing away.

Jamastiene  (1000+ posts) Tue May-20-08 08:03 AM
Response to Original message

1. He lost me at the pandering to homophobes.

For such a charismatic guy, he sure does seem to piss off an awful lot of women. Of course, we are not allowed to say anything here, so I guess you'll never know, will you?

Ian_rd  (1000+ posts) Tue May-20-08 08:06 AM
Response to Reply #1

4. Proven right so far.

You twist my words into saying that Hillary supporters should somehow be silenced. Dishonest and nonsensical. And it's willful.

And if you think Obama "pisses off an awful lot of women," perhaps you'd care to share the reasons why he does?

sfam  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue May-20-08 08:08 AM
Response to Reply #1

8. Nope...no stoking of the flames from the Clinton campaign...they would never make something up for..

political gain. This is just yet another example of Hillary's win at all costs approach. It will cost us, the democratic party, in November. But at least Hillary will be able to say she got more votes out of it. Woohoo!!!

And thank the stars that Hillary never engaged in pandering, ey? Wouldn't it be horrible if she did something like make up a fake accent, tell shootin stories, swill beer and campaign from the back of a pick-up truck just to appeal to low-income white folk?

Oh my.

The defamatory primitive needs taken out to the woodshed.

cali  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue May-20-08 08:11 AM
Response to Reply #1

18. Fair enough. He did pander by letting McClurkin spout his nasty crap. Hillary lost me when she bent over for bush. Like every other congress critter who voted for and supported the war- and hillary did the latter for years- she has blood on her hands. And yeah, voting for the war and supporting it is a far cry for voting for funds with timelines to get out- which Obama did. And cue the hillfan whining bullshit about not being able to say anything here. Patently false. And sorry, I'm a woman. I maintain that most women dems aren't petulant fools who will vote for Daddy McCain or sit this one out.

Weird.  I always thought the Obamaite cali primitive was a guy, and so always came down less than gently on him.

kennetha  (730 posts) Tue May-20-08 08:25 AM
Response to Reply #1

30. Don't have to be a woman

He pisses me off too -- at least his campaign does

kennetha  (730 posts) Tue May-20-08 08:06 AM

3. Obama is getting what he deserves

I wish the media would own up to the fact that is campaign is not only sexist and elitist, but that it is also the one that was deliberately responsible for injecting race into the campaign, by purposely twisting Bill Clinton's words.

Obama's campaign disgusts me, frankly.

PoliticalAmazon  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue May-20-08 12:01 PM
Response to Reply #33

68. Actually, she isn't likeable. And her and her supporters belief in their entitlement...of the presidency is offensive as hell.

Somebody better call the AFL-CIO; the lilliputian political primitive is projecting without a union card from the United Projectors and Cinema Workers of America.

The primitives squibble-squabble about a t-shirt; one has to go over to Skins's island to see it.

Something the Obamites put out, proclaiming BRO'S BEFORE HO'S.

TexasObserver  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue May-20-08 08:08 AM

10. Doris Kearns Goodwin called BOGUS on the entire sexism theme.

“When people look at the arc of the campaign, it will be seen that being a woman, in the end, was not a detriment and if anything it was a help to her,” the presidential historian Doris Kearns Goodwin said in an interview. Mrs. Clinton’s campaign is faltering, she added, because of “strategic, tactical things that have nothing to do with her being a woman.”

Crisco  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue May-20-08 08:22 AM
Response to Reply #10

26. And If a Plagiarist Says There's No Sexism, There's No Sexism

Atman  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue May-20-08 08:26 AM
Response to Reply #26

32. Uh...what'd she do, steal the comment about it NOT being sexism?

What a silly non sequitur. Kearns Goodwin's opinion is still her opinion. Are you saying that if one forms an opinion based upon what she has learned that she is plagiarizing that knowledge? That's just dumb.

Atman  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue May-20-08 08:21 AM

24. It's a battle of the ISMs.

And "Stupidism" is winning out.

And stupid won over Pedro Picasso a very long time ago.

It's a bonfire that burns all over the place, touching every possible subject.

crankychatter  (1000+ posts) Tue May-20-08 10:02 AM

51. My sister hates men... it's crazy... I mean she HATES them hates them hates them

I love her but good grief... she really hates men.

There's nothing for it. She'll be kind, professional, respectful... civil.

Then POW. She'll rip out your entrails and devour them while you watch. She hasn't one male friend and if you're in her home, you're family and only tolerated short term.

The only man she likes... and there is ONE... is my son. I think it's because he's a hard worker, good student getting his degree next week. It's sort of like getting ME back, without all the baggage and old family dynamics. (Yes, I'm a morally defective Black Sheep.) She thinks the world of him.

Here's the deal though. My sister is a Saul Alinsky progressive Democrat. She supports Obama 100%. I don't even have to ask... I know it from the heels up.

I really don't think that women in the category described above are Feminists. While real Feminists were in New Orleans celebrating the Tenth Anniversary of the Campaign to End Violence Against Women... same day... the Clinton "Feminists" were banging pots in front of MSNBC. There was no acknowledgment of the other event, or complaint about the lack of MSM coverage... no attention to this important international movement.

They're not feminists. They're not progressive Democrats. I don't know what they are.

Maybe they're closeted racists or Republican operatives... corporatist sympathizers. Frankly, that's the only explanation that makes any sense to me

FredScuttle  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue May-20-08 10:17 AM

57. "Get to the back of the bus"

They can take their pathetic co-opting of a painful period of the black experience in America and shove it up their ass. **** them and any Hillary supporter who condones that bullshit.

And, by the way....blacks are the most loyal constituency the Democratic Party has ever had ("security moms" as a tossup, anyone?). But don't let that stop the Hillary supporters on here trashing and insulting the black vote as if it shouldn't count.

DemGa  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue May-20-08 10:20 AM

59. Obama is dismissive, arrogant - his passive aggressive style is meant to enrage - and it does. People are not dumb, they know what this man has been doing.

There's much more, but I'll close with the skimpy leotards primitive:

lynyrd_skynyrd  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue May-20-08 03:44 PM

91. Clinton loyalists are DELUDED and beyond help

Witness some of the comments in this very thread.

I've never seen anything like this before except when it's from a Bush supporter. Up is down, black is white. It's frightening.

Somebody call the AFL-CIO.....

Anyway, it's going to be fun this coming Saturday, watching the primitives on Skins's island as the Democrats get together to decide whether or not to count all votes, for delegates to the Democrat National Convention.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: primitives wonder what the problem is; Pedro Picasso doesn't help
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 09:02:56 AM »
Ian_rd  (1000+ posts) Tue May-20-08 08:00 AM
Original message
Just because Obama ran against Hillary doesn't make him a sexist.

Of course not, Ian; he is completely capable of being a sexist without that.  Since Black culture, in both its  traditional church-going aspect and it's gangsta punk incarnation (stereotypes about patriarchal blue-collar Whites notwithstanding), is one of the most sexist cultures in America, and it is the core of the support that first catapulted Obama to the national stage, it would be downright amazing if he hadn't developed a record that could be used against him at this point.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 02:25:11 PM »
I love the Obamunists and their double standard. Criticizing Hillary is never sexist. Criticizing Obama is always racist.   

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 04:06:54 PM »
The most nonsensical aspect of this whole hysteria is that for pure spite, many of these voters seem intent on sitting out (helping McCain by doing nothing), or actually voting for him! To spite Obama and the voters whom they consider sexist oppressors, they are going to support the man who calls his wife a "****" and will appoint a judge to take away a woman's right to an abortion. Oh yea, that makes all kinds of sense. Just how ****ing crazy are we going to get?
Oh what glory days are these.
For the past 50 years the scumbags on the left have been pointing the accusatory finger of racisim, homophobia, sexist, hate-monger, and intolerance at Christians, Conservativges, and Republicans. Apparently some of these DUmmys are just now waking up to the fact that there are four fingers pointing right back at them.
It's like winning the lotto every day!
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄