Author Topic: Obamaite primitives offering excuses for "mis-statements"  (Read 1342 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Obamaite primitives offering excuses for "mis-statements"
« on: May 28, 2008, 10:53:31 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x6148806

Oh my.

The Obamaite primitives, willing to forgive and forget, as long as it's the guy with the feet of clay.

This is in response to revelations that Barry "Goldwater" Obama's great-uncle "liberated" a prison camp that wasn't Auschwitz; the primitives haven't heard yet, the late-breaking news that Barry "Goldwater" Obama's great uncle was in the U.S. Navy, not the U.S. Army.

2rth2pwr  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue May-27-08 04:56 PM
Response to Original message

4. Is Ohrduf a different name for Auschwitz?

Bornaginhooligan  (1000+ posts) Tue May-27-08 04:56 PM
Response to Reply #4

5. Pretty much.

Oh my.

nxylas  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue May-27-08 05:09 PM
Response to Reply #5

27. Actually no

It is hard to shake off the suspicion that Obama is substituting the name of a better-known death camp for rhetorical effect. But for a Clinton supporter to bash him for "misremembering" is pretty hilarious (but hardly surprising, considering the mileage they got out of a simple slip of the tongue when he said "57 states" instead of 47).

Bornaginhooligan  (1000+ posts) Tue May-27-08 05:15 PM
Response to Reply #27

30. Are you serious?

Are you actually suggesting that Obama is trying to trick people and take credit for his uncle liberating Auschwitz because Buchenwald isn't good enough?

cali  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue May-27-08 06:34 PM
Response to Reply #36

81. Family histories almost invariably become somewhat distorted when they're rooted in the oral tradition.

But one suspects the Obamaite cali primitive gets pretty upset when Hillary Clinton tells a tale based upon her oral tradition, like the origin of her first name.  I'll bet the Obamaite cali primitive's yelling "liar! liar!" all about that, even though the story's rooted in the Rodham oral tradition.

JDPriestly  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue May-27-08 08:41 PM
Response to Reply #81

114. Yes. Obama not only heard this third hand

(He probably heard it from his mother or grandmother, not his uncle), but most Americans have no idea where the camps were or which was which. I know two siblings -- daughter and son of a Holocaust survivor, and I hear two different stories about where their father was interned. My opinion -- they may both be right. Internees were sometimes moved from camp to camp.

Here, Obama may have confused the words Auschwitz-Birkenau with Buchenwald. If you don't speak German these words might sound similar. I'll bet 95% of Americans do not know the difference.

Okay now, franksolich is deaf, and so doesn't know this for sure.

Do the words, when spoken, "Auschwitz-Berkenau" and "Buchenwald" sound similar to hearing people?

I don't think so, but I'd like to know from someone who knows.

ekwhite  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed May-28-08 12:57 AM
Response to Reply #114

145. More likely, he heard Ohrdruf as Auschwitz

Or Mis-remembered it thusly. Family history tales are strange that way.

Okay, here we go again; some hearing person please advise franksolich.

Do the words "Ohrdruf" and "Auschwitz" sound similar, when spoken?

Much primitive in-fighting at this very large bonfire, and some are tossed off the island, or at least their tongues cut out, their comments being deleted.  And so it keeps going:

Alexander  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue May-27-08 09:15 PM
Response to Reply #100

118. People call their great uncles "uncle" all the time.

Are you seriously trying to make an issue out of such an incredibly stupid detail?

2rth2pwr  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue May-27-08 11:11 PM
Response to Reply #118

131. I don't know anybody that does that, do you? I think it would be more typical to refer to him as his grandmother's brother or someone in the family, not uncle.

And here comes a whole string of Obamaite primitives being disingenuous, in response to that:

peacetrain  (38 posts) Wed May-28-08 12:13 AM
Response to Reply #131

139. I have never called my grandmothers brother.. grandma's brother.

I called him uncle.

I Have A Dream  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed May-28-08 06:34 AM
Response to Reply #131

152. My nieces' children *ALL* call me 'Aunt'.

I can't believe that people are making an issue of the 'Uncle' part.

VogonGlory  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed May-28-08 07:42 AM
Response to Reply #131

156. I Disagree Because I Do

I disagree about not knowing anyone who calls a grandparent's sibling an "aunt" or an "uncle" because I did. As a child, I called my paternal grandfather's brother Uncle Homer. Uncle Homer may have been technically been my great-uncle, but I called him "uncle" when addressing him. The same thing was true of my paternal grandmother's sisters, and there were a good many of them still around when I was a kiddo.

For that matter, when I was a small boy, I called some of my older cousins "aunt" and "uncle" even if they were only cousins. Of course they had forty years on me at the time. I only started calling them cousin so-and-so when I hit adolescence.

There's more disingenuous primitives on the matter, but anyway, yeah, sure, it's common to call a great-uncle "Uncle" to his face and in his presence.  But when referring to him in the third person, people usually call him what he is, or was, a great-uncle.

The excuse-making Obamaite primitives are just so stupid.  Just so really stupid.

Bornaginhooligan  (1000+ posts) Tue May-27-08 05:03 PM
Response to Reply #16

20. Are you kidding?

The guy didn't know the Russians were with the allies.

We're dealing with somebody with a black slate when it comes to history.

Ooops, Freudian slip, and franksolich caught it first, despite the next Obamaite primitive gloating about it.

axollot  Donating Member  (265 posts) Wed May-28-08 10:56 AM
Response to Reply #20

163. A "BLACK" slate? Freudian slip or what?    

his race has nothing to do with his ability to run or not run the White House (which name will remain "White" House when he is elected prez too...just so ya know).

The venom coming from Hilarity and her minions is disgusting. It needs to stop, she isn't going to get the nom and the 'thugs will come out in force to NOT elect her if she is tied to his ticket as VP - sorry guys.

The final straw for me is her waiting for him to basically get assasinated so she could get the nomination. She didn't say it in so many words but it *WAS* implied HEAVILY. Thats just ****ed up - we are DEMOCRATS we need to stick together - **** MCSAME AND THE GOP!

Hey, is this breaking news or something?

Is Hillary Clinton waiting for Barry "Goldwater" Obama to get assassinated?

Man, I got to watch the news more.

Indenturedebtor  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue May-27-08 06:10 PM
Response to Reply #19

70. Yeah I for one can't remember if my Grandma was in Auschwitz or Dachau

What difference does it make? She was in a ****ing concentration camp. To try to pick this apart is disgusting.

I wonder how the reaction would be if someone said "My Grandfather was a slave in Georgia..." and the RW started spouting off "No you LIAR LIAR LIAR, he was in Alabama, blah blah blah." How stupid can you get.

No shit Sherlock.

I've seen the Obamaite primitives get a lot stupider.

tblue37  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue May-27-08 06:19 PM
Response to Reply #70

75. It's like when Gore toured a disaster site with an official, but was confused about which official it was. The story was not materially changed by whether it was this official or that official, but the RW and the MSM used it as another excuse to call Gore a "serial liar." This is a RW tactic, and I am ashamed and astonished that DUers would use it against our party's presumptive nominee.

Oh my.  If Dan Quayle were dead, he'd be spinning in his grave.

I thought this was a left-wing tactic, mocking politicans making harmless mis-statements.

K Gardner  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue May-27-08 06:09 PM
Response to Reply #4

69. Its another part of Buchenwald, moran.

ekwhite  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed May-28-08 12:51 AM
Response to Reply #4

144. Not as far as I can tell

It was part of Buchenwald, which was in Germany, as opposed to Auschwitz, which was in Poland. Ohrdruf was a forced labor camp, as opposed to a extermination camp such as Auschwitz.

2rth2pwr  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue May-27-08 08:13 PM
Response to Reply #41

108. His uncle liberated Auschwitz is as about as accurate as saying his cousin cheney was President.

You know, this jogs the memory.

Aren't Barry "Goldwater" Obama and Richard Cheney remotely related?  Wasn't there a story about this?

progdonkey  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed May-28-08 04:55 AM
Response to Reply #108

149. what a sharp mind you have...

Let's take this very... slowly... so it's easiest for you to understand:

Obama had a great uncle--check

Great uncle was in the 89th infantry division during WWII--check

89th Infantry Division liberated a concentration camp--check

Great Uncle was with the 89th Infantry Division when it liberated said concentration camp--check

That concentration camp was Auschwitz--wrong, actually Buchenwald.

ZOMGOMG, he's such a ****ing liar!

Now, let's look at the thing that's "about as accurate":

Obama has a cousin named Cheney--nope

Obama has a cousin who is president--nope

It's like comparing apples to kittens.

Okay, let's take this very slowly.

Barry "Goldwater" Obama had a great-uncle.  Check.

Barry "Goldwater" Obama's great-uncle was in the U.S. Army.  Ooops.

The Obamaite frog-ass primitive better check the news.

To continue on:

Barry "Goldwater" Obama has a distant relative named Richard Cheney.  Check.

beachmom  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue May-27-08 05:34 PM

50. But the real question is was Obama's Great Uncle in Cambodia or not?

Mike L  (1000+ posts) Tue May-27-08 05:39 PM

54. Why is BO touting a distant relative's military history?

Uh oh.  More errors, this time errors in acronyms:

JenniferZ  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue May-27-08 05:41 PM
Response to Reply #54

56. And why the **** did you say his uncle fought for the KLF?

And maybe you oughta use The Googler on that one. Different continent.

FrenchieCat  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue May-27-08 05:55 PM
Response to Reply #54

62. To counter the ****ed worthless pieces of shit attempting to define him as something less than a citizen and a patriot.

That would be pieces shit not fit for my shoes.

JenniferZ  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue May-27-08 06:01 PM
Response to Reply #62

66. You're talking to somebody who said his uncle fought for the Kenyan Liberation Front. He doesn't care about shit on his shoes.

I can only assume he meant the OLF since KLF comes back Korean Liberation Front.

andres hunter  (27 posts) Tue May-27-08 09:57 PM

123. Ohrduz is not Auschwitz

Obama needs a geography lesson.

GarbagemanLB  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue May-27-08 09:59 PM
Response to Reply #123

125. Kids with flowers aren't snipers. Hillary needs to refresh her memory about Bosnia.

andres hunter  (27 posts) Tue May-27-08 10:07 PM
Response to Reply #125

128. Yup, Hillary and Obama have atrocious memories

Obama once said 10,000 had died in a Kansas tornado that killed 12.

Evergreen Emerald  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue May-27-08 10:09 PM

129. If you had given clinton the same benefit you give obama

she would not be so demonized. He "mispeaks" She "lies" He "was tired and makes mistakes, he is only human" she "is the devil."

The double standard here and in the media has given Obama a leg up that he did not deserve and thrown road blocks in Clinton's path that were unfair.

ElsewheresDaughter  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed May-28-08 09:48 AM

159. First it was.....

"My parents got together because of the Selma marches in 1965," even though Baby Barry was born four years earlier in 1961...

Then it was "My father was on the Kennedy air flights from Kenya" even though his father came a year BEFORE the Kennedy air flights...

Now his uncle liberated Auschwitz!

and his peeps made a HUGE thing over Hillary "sniper fire" embellishment....let's see if any apologize for it

meh.

Hillary claimed that she was under fire in Bosnia--and she was actually there.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Obamaite primitives offering excuses for "mis-statements"
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 11:40:52 AM »

Do the words, when spoken, "Auschwitz-Berkenau" and "Buchenwald" sound similar to hearing people?

If your ears are shaped like B. Hussein Osama's, the words sound the same.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 11:43:24 AM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 12:39:45 PM »
They don't sound anything alike, Frank. I'd be more concerned about the Army vs. Navy thing. Though I suppose he could've piloted a PBR up the Rhine with TiT and freed the concentration camp survivors.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 04:47:53 PM »
They don't sound anything alike, Frank. I'd be more concerned about the Army vs. Navy thing. Though I suppose he could've piloted a PBR up the Rhine with TiT and freed the concentration camp survivors.

Cindie

Obama could have piloted a Fat Che's Little Brothert Blue Ribbon?  That I can believe! :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 06:01:15 PM »

A long time ago, while in college, this question was posed to me by a professor (sociology) on this very subject - Explain words that rhyme to someone who has always been deaf. - He liked to discuss interesting puzzles.. Anyway..

My answer is to follow the vowels .. If they are in similar order in the two words, they probably rhyme, or at least the compared words have segments that do. Granted this isn't perfect, because English is a very imperfect language ( for example the trio "there,they're, and their" or "to, two, and too" all sound exactly the same - the only difference is in print or context.) but its reasonably close. The more varied vowel placement is, the less alike the words sound. The examples listed by the primitives do not sound alike at all.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 06:04:04 PM by miskie »

Offline jukin

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 07:58:47 PM »
He's the messiah so the names will have to be changes to match his lies....misspoken words.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 08:00:47 PM »
He's the messiah so the names will have to be changes to match his lies....misspoken words.

Even more importantly -- the FACTS will have to be changed to match the words.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.