Author Topic: California Ford Dealer Commercial: "Atheists, Sit Down and Shut Up"-  (Read 1167 times)

Offline tuolumnejim

Many thanks to the DUmmie we are thinking about trading in our 2003 Escape and getting a new one, now I know what dealer I use.  :-)

Link

Ichingcarpenter  (1000+ posts)      Mon May-26-08 01:36 PM
Original message
California Ford Dealer Commercial: "Atheists, Sit Down and Shut Up"-
 Here is a transcript of the ad, with the missing part in blocks. Karen has more recently heard the ad, so I'm putting in what she remembers.

<"Did you know that there are people in this country who want prayer out of schools, "Under God" out of the Pledge, and "In God We Trust" to be taken off our money?">

"But did you know that 86% of Americans say they believe in God? Since we all know that 86 out of every 100 of us are Christians, who believe in God, we at Keiffe & Sons Ford wonder why we don't tell the other 14% to sit down and shut up. I guess I just offended 14% of the people who are listening to this message. Well, if that is the case then I say that's tough, this is America folks, it's called free speech. None of us at Keiffe & Sons Ford is afraid to speak out. Keiffe & Sons Ford on Sierra Highway in Mojave and Rosamond, if we don't see you today, by the grace of God, we'll be here tomorrow."

http://undergroundunbeliever.blogspot.com/2008/05/some-...

I heard the audio and the idiot did say these things. You have to download the Mp3 that was taken over a radio station.

Well, that one way to drum up business.

A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
Dang California is too far to drive to buy a car. :bawl:
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
AMEN to Keiffe & Sons Ford.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline jinxmchue

They know they can't do a damn thing about the ad, so their wailing, gnashing their teeth and beating the dirt in frustration.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
Snotcicles (1000+ posts)       Mon May-26-08 02:22 PM
Response to Original message
21. First they tell people to sit down and shut up. Then talk about free speech.
 But I guess that only applies to their christian selves.
An Edwards Democrat
 Alert Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

Sounds just like the DUmp, doesn't it?

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline tuolumnejim

I almost forgot, I just had to sent the DUmp link to the dealership.  :-)
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12

H5 for the sending of the DU link to the dealership.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

Bwhahaha!!  :rotf:

There's an insurance company that runs ads here portraying President Bush as a pickup-truck driving yokel.  I guess they're going for the DUmmy customer base.

[youtube=425,350]CUbNb094bf0[/youtube]

And there's Bush drag-racing Clinton in their limos.  Clinton wins.

[youtube=425,350]2f0005qS0Ac[/youtube]
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.