Author Topic: Why do Republicans hate all Democrats?  (Read 1997 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Why do Republicans hate all Democrats?
« on: May 25, 2008, 12:38:15 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3336730

napi21  (1000+ posts)         Sat May-24-08 07:34 PM
Original message
   Advertisements [?]

My husband came home from work today and asked me that. He said he didn't think Democrats HATED Republicans...at least not nearly as much. I honestly didn't know what to tell him. I know SOME specific Pubs, like the fundies, hate Dems because they believe all Dems are evil and do the work of the devil, but what about the rest of them?

Of course what follows is all the love and tolerance the DUmmies have.... :rotf:

proud2Blib  (1000+ posts)         Sat May-24-08 07:38 PM
Original message
I hate Republicans
   I live in Kansas where they have turned our great state into a laughing stock. I really truly hate the GOP. I don't understand why any sane person would want to belong to that party.

proud2Blib  (1000+ posts)         Sun May-25-08 10:28 AM
Response to Reply #24
30. They have had decades to do so
   I ain't holding my breath.

I first started hating them in 1960. They have only gotten worse since then.

angrycarpenter  (1000+ posts)         Sat May-24-08 07:38 PM
Response to Original message
2. scapegoating
   conservatives are all about passing the blame.

If something is going wrong it must be someone else's fault.

Conservatives never make mistakes, just ask them.

Now that is rich coming from one who believes that all the world is out to get them. ::)

sallyseven  (1000+ posts)        Sat May-24-08 07:42 PM
5. Republicans hate everyone. They were born
   means spirited. They don't like each other.

Now there is an intellectual argument. :whatever:

napi21  (1000+ posts)         Sat May-24-08 07:54 PM
8. I asked hubby what makes him think they HATE all the Dems?
   Apparently he's been listening to the likes of Neil Boortz & Rushbo when he's driving to & from work. Then of course there's the typical Pub guest on TV, all of whom really DO spew HATE. I can't catagorize it as anything else when things like "The presidency really ages people quickly, and I don't want to watch some old woman age in office", or the various criticisms of Hillary's voice or laugh, or clothes. I've also seen a lot of hateful posts directed at Dems in general on the few times I'm ventured over to the Freeper site.

It does seem to me that most of the nasty comments I see posted by the Dems are usually directed toward Shrub, or one of his idiot appointees, but not at all Pubs in general.

Guess you haven`t been reading your own thread.

warren pease  (1000+ posts)         Sat May-24-08 09:56 PM
17. This left-radical, anarcho-syndicalist loathes all republicans equally...
   Edited on Sat May-24-08 09:59 PM by warren pease
I'm an equal opportunity GOPiggie despiser. And I hold these truths to be self-evident.

That there are only a few reasons for anyone to be a republican.

That those reasons are the result of pathologies, massive character defects or sheer unmitigated ignorance -- often all three.

That these motivations include greed, self-interest, intellectual laziness, a fixation on tax cuts for billionaires, raging misanthropy, religious insanity, racism, bigotry, xenophobia, a fear-based world view, a mind destroyed by PR and advertising and pure, uncompromising, willful, ignorant, unlimited stupidity of a kind rarely on display in the modern world.

That all these motivating factors, and certainly dozens of others equally reprehensible, are attributes of the absolute worst the human species has to offer.

That for humanity to survive, for the innocent species around us to thrive and for the earth and its people to ever achieve some semblance of peace, serenity, collective decency and sustainability, these traits -- and the people who typify and even exalt in them -- must disappear from any positions of influence, whether economic, political, military, institutional or doctrinal.

That their loss will be unmourned.

That their disappearance from the levers of power will result in a gigantic exhalation of relief on the part of all but the economically advantaged top .5 percent of the world's population.

That their disappearance will give the rest of us at least a fighting chance to curb global climate chaos, end militarism and empire building, establish genuine peace by recognizing the commonalities among races and ethnic groups rather than emphasizing the differences and using them to divide and conquer.

I could go on, but you probably get the point.

In closing, yes indeed: I absolutely despise every last one of the ****ers and their overnight and permanent disappearance from the face of the earth should be the source of the greatest possible joy and optimism for anyone not a member of the hedge-fund class.

Your mileage, of course, may vary with your personal level of detestation.

wp

Who are the totalitarians and intolerant again? :mental:

nadinbrzezinski  (1000+ posts)         Sun May-25-08 03:28 AM
23. two generations of propaganda   
   and we are set for a hot civil war...

Go ahead and start one then. :popcorn:

BlueCollar  (1000+ posts)        Sun May-25-08 08:48 AM
28. It's a normal psychological response.
   Republicans are generally insecure, selfish and ignorant. As a result they feel threatened by anyone who has a greater degree of intellectual agility.

The only way they can respond is to lash out.

Started in the late seventies and is perpetuated every day by Faux news and right-wing radio.

DU sure proves over and over again how sane and intellectual you all are. :rotf:

Kip Humphrey (1000+ posts)        Sun May-25-08 10:44 AM
33. They are told to hate Democrats and liberals over & over & over by their authoritarian overlords.

From a website that has had polls admitting they would rather starve then give up Internet and DU.  :whatever:

tabasco  (1000+ posts)         Sun May-25-08 11:53 AM
40. Because they are gullible, cowardly, brainwashed idiots.
   They vote against their interests because of republican propaganda.

Propaganda works best on stupid, cowardly people.

In other words, your typical republican.

I don't hate them. I pity them.

Wonder if the OP has caught on yet that most on her side are really pretty nasty people?

Offline Willow

• Limousine
Re: Why do Republicans hate all Democrats?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 12:45:05 PM »
napi21  (1000+ posts)         Sat May-24-08 07:34 PM
Original message
   Advertisements [?]

My husband came home from work today and asked me that. He said he didn't think Democrats HATED Republicans...at least not nearly as much. I honestly didn't know what to tell him. I know SOME specific Pubs, like the fundies, hate Dems because they believe all Dems are evil and do the work of the devil, but what about the rest of them?

Well then, her dummy husband dosen't listen to the party leader. Wasn't it Howard Dean who said "I hate Republicans and everything they stand for."?

There those liberals go with their hypocrisy again. I wonder how many grams of hypocrisy a day they have to take to survive?  :tongue: :rotf:

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 12:46:35 PM »
Carl, I wanna know what's in that bottle in your avatar? It looks good.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 01:05:36 PM »
Original message

For the same reason we despise Child Molesters, rapists, murderers and Communists and New Coke.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 01:07:32 PM »
Carl, I wanna know what's in that bottle in your avatar? It looks good.

It is very good. :-)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 01:09:45 PM »
proud2Blib  (1000+ posts)         Sun May-25-08 10:28 AM
Response to Reply #24

Hmm, about the time Republicans started pushing for integration and civil rights, eh? Racist bitch much?  :fuelfire:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 02:15:56 PM »
Howard Dean (as mentioned upthread)

I hate the Republicans and everything they stand for, but I admire their discipline and their organization," the failed presidential hopeful told the crowd at the Roosevelt Hotel, where he and six other candidates spoke at the final DNC forum before the Feb. 12 vote for chairman.

But Dean said the Democrats should not change their beliefs to be "Republican lite."

"We can talk about our faith, but we cannot change our faith," he said, echoing themes he sounded in his presidential bid. "We need to be people of conviction."

MR. RUSSERT:  Let me talk about some of the things you have said about the Republicans.  Here's Howard Dean in January:  "I hate the Republicans and everything they stand for..."

Howard Dean in February:  "This is a struggle between good and evil and we're the good?"

Do you really hate Republicans?  Do you consider them evil?

DR. DEAN:  I don't--well, actually that was a little out of context.  But I don't hate Republicans as individuals.  But I hate what the Republicans are doing to this country.  I really do.  I hate deficits, as you know.  When I was governor, I really was very tough on fiscal responsibility.  Deficits in the long run aren't good for the country, and they do lower our standard of living.  Every American family knows that you have to pay your bills.  I hate the dishonesty, you know, the idea that you'd put a program through Congress without telling people what it costs, I think that's wrong.  Some of the things that the president said on our way into Iraq, they just weren't true, and I don't think that's right.  So...

MR. RUSSERT:  Such as?

DR. DEAN:  Such as the weapons of mass destruction, which we have all known about, but the...

MR. RUSSERT:  Well, you said there were weapons of mass destruction.

Idjit.

Project much DU???
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 02:30:32 PM »
Hate?  Why must the DUmmies alway call any degree of disapproval "hate"?  That is sort of ignorant on their part.  "Hate" skips right over "indifference" and "disgust" on the emotions list?

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 02:34:22 PM »
proud2Blib  (1000+ posts)         Sun May-25-08 10:28 AM
Response to Reply #24

Hmm, about the time Republicans started pushing for integration and civil rights, eh? Racist bitch much?  :fuelfire:

Dude you read my mind on that one. I thought the exact same thing.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2008, 02:39:23 PM »
I don't hate any of them.  I just think they are pathetic and stupid mostly.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline jukin

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2008, 02:40:23 PM »
Project much DU?
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008, 02:52:53 PM »
I don't hate Democrats but I don't trust them. If I were close to hating one it would be Fat Teddy, it would be a waste of good hate though..he is about to get his. :censored:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2008, 03:03:40 PM »
I cannot say I hate anybody. But, since the far left lunatics took over the Democratic party I can say I have zero respect for their Anti-American antics. As for civil rights, they are trying hard to re-write the history books. Eisenhower a Republican sent the first federal troops to a school to desegregate it. George Wallace a Democrat was a rabid racidst.
Put that in yer pipes Democrats  :tongue:

http://afroamhistory.about.com/cs/littlerockhigh/a/littlerocknine.htm

http://www.amazon.com/Bamboozled-Americans-Exploited-Liberal-Agenda/dp/1595550909
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 03:11:00 PM by Willow »

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2008, 03:06:20 PM »
Oh yes, and Howard Dean yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw Dem also said "Republicans have never worked a day in their lives." And they wonder why we don't respect them in the morning!   :bawl:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2008, 03:50:51 PM »
Oh, when Republicans (like MLK) were fighting for civil rights against the likes of Bull Connor (D)?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2008, 04:37:15 PM »
Beregond2 (1000+ posts)      Sat May-24-08 09:13 PM
15. The bottom line is fear.
 Hate is almost always a by-product of fear, and these are very fearful people. They are attracted to authoritarianism in all it's forms, because they want Big Daddy to keep them safe.
The irony is, they rage against big government, while supporting it's most wasteful and expensive manifestations: the military and corporate welfare. They pretend they are all about individual freedom and rugged individualism, while voting for every kind of socially oppressive legislation. They have no integrity, no real vision; they just believe whatever their chosen authority figure shouts at them, and deeply resent anyone who wants them to look at evidence and think.

:rotf:

The bottom line is fear.
 Hate is almost always a by-product of fear, and liberals are very fearful people. They are attracted to authoritarianism in all it's forms, because they want Big Daddy Government to keep them safe.
The irony is, they rage against big government, while supporting it's most wasteful and expensive manifestations: all the varied social programs that eat up 60% of the Federal budget.   :tongue:

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2008, 05:32:14 PM »
There was a list of just Howard Deans little rants against the Republicans that would shoot enough holes in the OP to sink it faster then the Titanic.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Chris_

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2008, 08:36:10 PM »
Kip Humphrey (1000+ posts)        Sun May-25-08 10:44 AM
33. They are told to hate Democrats and liberals over & over & over by their authoritarian overlords.
Beregond2 (1000+ posts)      Sat May-24-08 09:13 PM
15. The bottom line is fear.
 Hate is almost always a by-product of fear, and these are very fearful people. They are attracted to authoritarianism in all it's forms, because they want Big Daddy to keep them safe.

Projecting like a Cineplex.

Yeah, like totalitarian Marxism is in anyone's best interest. Stupidity really ought to be painful, like sitting-on-a-cactus painful.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2008, 08:54:30 PM »
Challenging someone's views is not hating them...I have a feeling that DUmmies think having their ideas challenged or someone even playfully mocking those ideals is 'hating them'. In fact, I'm almost sure of it, liberal sensitivity being what it is.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2008, 09:09:02 PM »
Challenging someone's views is not hating them...I have a feeling that DUmmies think having their ideas challenged or someone even playfully mocking those ideals is 'hating them'. In fact, I'm almost sure of it, liberal sensitivity being what it is.

Liberalism is illogical and a historical failure, so it is constantly on trial.  The liberals problem is liberalism has no defense.  They have to withhold facts, suppress evidence, commit perjury, and never rest in order to keep the trial from ever coming to and end so the jury is never allowed to weigh their case.

This "hate" thing is one more piece of their dishonest testimony.  It is used to create an illusion for the jury.   

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2008, 11:24:36 PM »
I'm with Badcat. I f'n hate'em . ...but it's not an action, it's a reaction.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2008, 11:37:18 PM »

They want to turn a difference of opinion, judicial rulings, and public policies they don't agree with into criminal acts.  Look at how they react to Scalia and Thomas - never mind Bush and Cheyney. 

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2008, 09:05:24 AM »
Quote from:
tabasco

40. Because they are gullible, cowardly, brainwashed idiots.

Propaganda works best on stupid, cowardly people.

In other words, your typical republican.

I don't hate them. I pity them.

I always get a kick out of fools like this.  They claim they know what's best for others and what's in their "own best interest" better than the person does themself, and somehow they've convinced themselves that calling these people "stupid and cowardly" will shame them to see it their way.

The DUmmie tabasco and his ilk are insane with the desire that people acknowledge them as being the best and brightest.  Never going to happen because they aren't what they portray themselves to be.  The average conservative can see and understand more about how the world really works from the bottom of a well than liberals could ever hope to comprehend were they on the highest mountaintop.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2008, 10:13:28 AM »
Original message

For the same reason we despise Child Molesters, rapists, murderers and Communists and New Coke.

You left out this.

Kill Unborn children

They are racist

Support the overthrow of the United States and it's Military

Support Gun Control

Haven't met a dictator or thug yet they have never liked.

MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"