Author Topic: More info: Judge refuses to block Florida voter purge.  (Read 377 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
More info: Judge refuses to block Florida voter purge.
« on: June 27, 2012, 05:02:49 PM »
elleng (31,811 posts)

More info: Judge refuses to block Florida voter purge.

Still don't have entire gist of his decision, from the bench; need transcript for that, but this article gives a bit more substance.

'Hinkle in ruling from the bench said federal laws are designed to block states from removing eligible voters close to an election. He said they are not designed to block voters who should have never been allowed to cast ballots in the first place.

Although "questioning someone's citizenship" is not a trivial matter, Hinkle also said that non-citizens should not be allowed to vote.

"People need to know we are running an honest election," said Hinkle, who was appointed by former President Bill Clinton.

Gov. Rick Scott, who first initiated the push to identify non-citizens on the voter rolls, praised Hinkle's decision.

"The court made a common-sense decision consistent with what I've been saying all along: that irreparable harm will result if non-citizens are allowed to vote," Scott said in a statement.

But during the court hearing, an attorney representing the state said Florida has voluntarily stopped pursuing a longer list of voters it has identified as potentially ineligible.

State officials already asked local election supervisors to check out the citizenship status of more than 2,600 voters. It also has a list of 182,000 voters it has not yet distributed.'

http://www.winknews.com/Local-Florida/2012-06-27/Judge-refuses-to-block-Florida-voter-purge

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002864000

Once again we have a situation where the courts rule one way, and the 0bama administration will do everything they can do to block the implementation. The ruling said that, yes FL can purge, but they have to use the federal data base that Holder refuse to give them access too.  :banghead:

monmouth (19,487 posts)
1. And hopefully election supers will continue to ignore the purge nonsense...n/t

Yeah non citizens voting is just nonsense that we should ignore. You can bet your ass if they were prone to vote for repukes the DUmp would want them purged.

lpbk2713 (21,174 posts)
2. Scott is a weasel.

His motivation is so obvious anyone can see through him.

Yeah the nerve of wanting only citizens to vote. Next thing you know he require people to have a valid license to drive a car.

southernyankeebelle (6,369 posts)
3. Everyone but republicans can see this is voter suppression. I just hope and pray dems

will get the opportunity to get even.

Only you idiots who want the votes of illegals to count are against this. Latest poll 60% of people that live in FL agree with the purge.

EFerrari (163,718 posts)
13. The difference is, Dems can point to instances of qualified voters

being disenfranchised. Republicans can't show non-citizen voting is a problem because it isn't. Remember, Bush assigned a US attorney to find voter fraud in New Mexico and fired him because he didn't find any. That's the facts.

Oh well I was wrong, if Beth says that illegal voting doesn't happen then it must not happen.  :whatever:

Ugghhh so much stupid in that thread. The thing is all the crying and screaming they are doing is in for nothing anyway. There is no way Holder will give Scott access to the database, Holder is hellbent on protecting the voting rights of illegals.  :banghead:

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline jtyangel

Re: More info: Judge refuses to block Florida voter purge.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 05:08:06 PM »
I have yet to hear any of them explain how checking this disenfranchises anyone who should be legally voting. In what way? How so? And why doesn't the same process 'disenfranchise' them from jobs, getting public assistance, etc. Why is the left so dead against anyone proving they are who they say they are if not for ulterior(illegal and fraudulent) motives?

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 05:10:15 PM »
Suck failure again DUmmies.

Why the hard on to prevent removing those who aren't supposed to vote. In a country of 300 million people, with about 12 million illegal immigrants and an untold number of ex-cons that have had their rights taken away, it's happened. There's no way the statistics work otherwise. Better safe than sorry. And I'd bet if someone is removed who shouldn't have been there's a process to prove their eligibility.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 05:11:15 PM »
 I think this sums it up nicely:

:nelson:

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 05:14:52 PM »
Bring out yer dead!!