Author Topic: DainBramaged's car hit by a drunk driver (IRS woes, too)  (Read 3910 times)

Offline Tess Anderson

DainBramaged's car hit by a drunk driver (IRS woes, too)
« on: October 21, 2011, 11:48:00 AM »
LINK

Rather long post:

DainBramaged  (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-21-11 11:15 AM
Original message
It's bad enough when the IRS ****s up and you have to pay, but then getting hit by a drunk driver...
 So a couple of days ago I posted the story about the IRS and their dogged pursuit of the working poor to make up for the losses of the corporations.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

Almost within a week of having to handle the IRS, on a sunny Sunday morning in mid-September right before noon I hear this horrific noise outside of my apartment, I look out my window and see this red something or the other coming to a halt in the middle of the street. My immediate thought was that there was an accident via collision with another vehicle coming out of the side street. I got on the phone with 911 and as I got to the street, there weren't any other vehicles except a destroyed Ford Escape sitting in the middle of the intersection with a man slowly getting out. Pausing I turned and realized he had hit my car and my best friend's car, bad.

My friend's car took the brunt of the damage, being pushed back almost ten feet and up onto the sidewalk. His estimate is $8,000. It's an '07 G6 convertible. Mine sustained $4500 damage, it's an '07 Cobalt SS.

The DRUNK who hit us apparently fell asleep at the wheel at 11:30 in the morning and side-swiped our cars. The amazing part was he was functioning immediately after the accident and unhurt. The police put him in the cruiser when they arrived and immediately arrested him for impaired driving, reckless driving, and a Host of other charges. His car is totaled by the way. Lucky he had active insurance. I don't have rental or road service, and couldn't afford the difference if I did. When my friend's car is finished in the nest two weeks, mine goes in and I get to be taxied.

When he was brought down to the station and given a breathalyzer test AN HOUR after the accident, he blew a .25 . Yup, 3 times over the limit in NJ. We're sure it would have been a 3. at the scene. Its amazing he's alive, and is definitely a functioning alcoholic.

Like they say God protects the drunks and little children, but someone has to pay for their stupidity.

My life sucketh.

He lives in New Joisey:

DainBramaged  (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-21-11 11:33 AM
Response to Reply #4
5. I still would have to make up the difference between what they pay and rental cost
 I went down the road with them, $30 a day for 30 days. Can't get a car in this area for $30 a day, $45 is the min. I live in a Republican hell hole.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: DainBramaged's car hit by a drunk driver (IRS woes, too)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 12:07:28 PM »
Response to Reply #4
5. I still would have to make up the difference between what they pay and rental cost
 I went down the road with them, $30 a day for 30 days. Can't get a car in this area for $30 a day, $45 is the min. I live in a Republican hell hole.

Now now! no 1 is forcing you to live in a low crime awesome quality of life red county in NJ, and if you weren't being a hypocrite you'd move to a low cost high crime blue county, we have plenty of them here in NJ as you know. And yes, I do find it :lmao: that he lives in the reddest county in the state, by choice too!
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 12:14:07 PM »
They certainly all have a lot of nice stuff for folks forever crying about being poor.

Offline Erasmus

• Holla ifju thank im seeeeexy!
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 12:19:25 PM »

Don't like it, get a lawyer and sue the driver's insurance company.  But I bet that $15 of the $45 is taxes.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 01:19:20 PM »
He lives in a 'Republican' hell hole but it is O'bama's IRS that is going after his sorry ass!

:lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 01:33:05 PM »
The IRS won't come after you unless you refuse to deal with them. If you think they're wrong take your information to a tax prepare person and have them do a new return. The IRS will then amend your taxes for that year. If you owe and you know you owe, just set up a payment arrangement. We did this one year when we owed. They were very nice about it. There were even a couple of times when I needed to send them less than the regular payment. I called them and let them know before my monthly payment was due and they were fine with it. But all this crap would end for the DUmmie and everyone else if we'd go to a flat tax or fair tax. The IRS does have a little too much control. Still, shouldn't the DUmmie appreciate having to pay more? There are people who are poorer and could use her money.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 01:52:00 PM »
Holy crap.  I just read his screed on the IRS.  Has that been brought over here?  If not it needs to be.

Looks like someone is getting an early start on the Christmas begging.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 03:49:08 PM »
Holy crap.  I just read his screed on the IRS.  Has that been brought over here?  If not it needs to be.

Looks like someone is getting an early start on the Christmas begging.

KC

I just checked, sir.

No, it hasn't ever appeared here; and so I'm taking out the boat and hauling it over right now.

By the way, when "searching," I notice the brain-damaged primitive had been #07 top primitive of 2010; something I'd totally forgotten even though I wrote the thing.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 03:59:18 PM »
We're sure it would have been a 3. at the scene

::)

The human cell function goes to equilibrium at .5 B/AC.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 04:05:30 PM »
I just checked, sir.

No, it hasn't ever appeared here; and so I'm taking out the boat and hauling it over right now.

By the way, when "searching," I notice the brain-damaged primitive had been #07 top primitive of 2010; something I'd totally forgotten even though I wrote the thing.

Thanks for bringing that thing over here frank.  I would've snagged it when I saw it but I didn't have any gloves with me and I've got nowhere to wash my hands right now.

Heh.

KC

*Stolen

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 05:17:07 PM »
The brain-damaged DUmbass and the drunk who hit him are probably the only democrats in the neighborhood.

On second thought, the drunk had insurance, which makes it unlikely he was a democrat.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2011, 05:31:21 PM »
Knowing the inability of DUers to tell the truth,
my take is that DainBramaged was the drunk who hit the cars...and he is in trouble in a really big way.

This is a DUmmy to watch to either suddenly disappear (jail), or to blame the IRS for his impending incarceration.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2011, 07:02:08 PM »
Again, total BS.

The drunk driver's insurance is responsible for the repairs to your car, AND the cost of a rental car while yours is being repaired.  I know, I've had to do it twice from being hit by DUmbasses not paying attention while I was delivering mail.

DUmmies lie, all the time!
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2011, 07:03:23 PM »
Unless the DD had no insurance, then you would still be covered under your own policy.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline diesel driver

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2011, 07:22:42 PM »
Unless the DD had no insurance, then you would still be covered under your own policy.

Exactly!
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2011, 07:33:02 PM »
I'm confused about what the brain-damaged primitive's trying to do here.

The problem with the IRS was dealt with on October 19, as stated.

But then in his later thread, about his vehicle being ruined, the brain-damaged primitive says that accident happened in mid-September, more than a month ago.

He's trying to give the impression it's been a lousy couple of days; he's had to deal with two crises in circa 48 hours.

But there's at least six weeks in between the events.

And besides, why wasn't the brain-damaged primitive on Skins's island in mid-September griping about the accident, when it (allegedly) happened?  Why would he wait six weeks to whine about it?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2011, 07:49:35 PM »
Remember how primitives seem to learn about things much later than normal decent folk? I mean, yeah, okay, it happened to him, but maybe it is some sort of time warp between when it happened and when the information gets to his brain?
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2011, 07:50:59 PM »
Response to Reply #4

You're f-ing retarded.

Go to Priceline.com or Hotwire.com and you will get cars for way less than $30 a day.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2011, 07:51:34 PM »
You're f-ing retarded.

Go to Priceline.com or Hotwire.com and you will get cars for way less than $30 a day.
He must have gone to Hertz (they don't call it that without a reason).
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2011, 07:52:26 PM »
Remember how primitives seem to learn about things much later than normal decent folk? I mean, yeah, okay, it happened to him, but maybe it is some sort of time warp between when it happened and when the information gets to his brain?

Well, that is possible.

But man, it's really odd, the brain-damaged primitive whining about something that happened in mid-September--and it was no small thing, causing him a great deal of trouble and expense--in late October.

And then for some odd reason trying to tie that in with problems he resolved the day before yesterday.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2011, 07:55:26 PM »
He must have gone to Hertz (they don't call it that without a reason).

Funny you say that.  That place f-ing sucks... and I would know.  Hertz does offer lower rates to Priceline and Hotwire customers though.  I do agree with you, Hertz does overcharge for everything if you go directly through their website, reservation hotline or walk up to the counter with no reservation.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2011, 09:19:11 PM »
How did he find out what the driver blew on the Breathalyzer and why didn't the cops do one at the scene?  It's standard procedure to do it on scene so as to get the highest reading possible. Too much time passes and a person may drop under the limit.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2011, 09:26:53 PM »
Again, total BS.

The drunk driver's insurance is responsible for the repairs to your car, AND the cost of a rental car while yours is being repaired.  I know, I've had to do it twice from being hit by DUmbasses not paying attention while I was delivering mail.

DUmmies lie, all the time!

You should delete this post.

No need for any lurking DUmmy to convey that info to DB. Let him pay it out of his picket. Less for obama.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2011, 10:47:27 PM »
Well, that is possible.

But man, it's really odd, the brain-damaged primitive whining about something that happened in mid-September--and it was no small thing, causing him a great deal of trouble and expense--in late October.

And then for some odd reason trying to tie that in with problems he resolved the day before yesterday.

frank I think mid September is too early to be begging for Christmas money from the DUmp.  If you think about it DB is a genius.  Too early in September, too late in November because too many other DUmmies have their hand out including Skimmer.  PERFECT timing for DB.  Late October.

The holidays are right around the corner when givers are ripe to be taken and late October has Halloween to remind everyone. 

KC

*Stolen

Offline diesel driver

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2011, 03:18:44 AM »
DainBramaged  (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-21-11 11:33 AM
Response to Reply #4
30 days?

30 f'n DAYS, to fix a car?

Pokey Joe's 24 Hour Drive Thru Pawn, Auto Parts, Adult Gift, Bait & Tackle, Discount Cigarette Outlet, and Paint & Body Shop can do it in less than a week!

He must be taking it to a union shop.  

The last time I had a car in the shop, the rental car company charged $80/day  (all paid by the other guy's insurance company), and I live in a blue (for now) state.  

However, if the polls are correct, this state is about to turn red (again).

Very red!   :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 03:30:44 AM by diesel driver »