Author Topic: After all the Dungeoning of my posts - alias DUmmy finally grasps some truth  (Read 853 times)

Offline Aristotelian

Pharaoh  (1000+ posts)        Fri Aug-19-11 01:21 AM
Original message
After all the Dungeoning of my posts
 and sometimes total deleting, I am wondering.............

Is DU a true democratic forum where one can voice opinions and have open discussions? Or is it's controlled and owned by the DLC and other corporate interests? What do you think?

He doesn't seem to be too happy that crack-pot theories get quietly shifted to the 'September 11' forum (alias Dungeon)...

This from the poster who has announced that 'Official disclosure of extraterrestrial life is imminent' and Swine 'flu is a biological weapon, inter alia.

LARED (1000+ posts)      Fri Aug-19-11 02:14 AM
Response to Original message
3. One of the things that is great about a forum like this 
 is that it is completely voluntary.

You agree to follow the rules and DU agrees to give you a platform of voicing opinions and discussion.

Absolutely - as long as those opinions are all precisely the same...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=125x319544

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
Pharaoh  (1000+ posts)        Fri Aug-19-11 01:21 AM
Original message
After all the Dungeoning of my posts
 and sometimes total deleting, I am wondering.............

Is DU a true democratic forum where one can voice opinions and have open discussions? Or is it's controlled and owned by the DLC and other corporate interests? What do you think?

Quick ! Run get some pavers and chicken-wire. You too can prove that the DU is a controlled discussion.

Offline Karin

Ohio Joe  (1000+ posts)        Fri Aug-19-11 12:26 AM
Response to Reply #4
5. Some opinions and discussions they do not give a voice to
 Right wingers, white supremacists and of course, anti-semites. 

Except for in the Palestine/Israel forum.  That's OK.  Or when someone gets real drunk and posts how they really feel about Jews.  If a mod is lucid enough at that hour, he may scrub it, or not.  The phrase "Judeo-Christian heritage" is roundly beaten to a pulp, to hell with all those Jews in the Judeo part. 

Offline captrandom

• Probationary (Probie)
Quick ! Run get some pavers and chicken-wire. You too can prove that the DU is a controlled discussion.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout!

Offline Aristotelian

I'm ever hopeful that another thread in the dungeon will live repeat the spectacular success of the chicken-wire and dish of paraffin thread...but deep down I know that such a comedy classic can never be repeated.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

I'm ever hopeful that another thread in the dungeon will live repeat the spectacular success of the chicken-wire and dish of paraffin thread...but deep down I know that such a comedy classic can never be repeated.

Oh ye of little faith.  Don't underestimate the power of large numbers of stupid people acting in a dimly-understood and essentially irrational common cause.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Missing Topic

If you have any questions, please contact the site administrator.
Click here to go back to previous page.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
LARED (1000+ posts)      Fri Aug-19-11 02:14 AM
Response to Original message
3. One of the things that is great about a forum like this
 is that it is completely voluntary.

You agree to follow the rules and DU agrees to give you a platform of voicing opinions and discussion.

Communism is completely voluntary also. You simply have to kill enough people until those who remain volunteer.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey