Author Topic: P2BKansas bitches because her part time job has more hours than anyone else  (Read 1149 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1362262

proud2BlibKansan Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sat Jun-25-11 03:07 PM
Original message
Number of the Week: U.S. Teachers’ Hours Among World’s Longest

1,097: Average number of hours U.S. teachers spend per year on instruction.

Students across the U.S. are enjoying or getting ready for summer vacation, but teachers may be looking forward to the break even more. American teachers are the most productive among major developed countries, according to Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development data from 2008 — the most recent available.

Among 27 member nations tracked by the OECD, U.S. primary-school educators spent 1,097 hours a year teaching despite only spending 36 weeks a year in the classroom — among the lowest among the countries tracked. That was more than 100 hours more than New Zealand, in second place at 985 hours, despite students in that country going to school for 39 weeks. The OECD average is 786 hours.

And that’s just the time teachers spend on instruction. Including hours teachers spend on work at home and outside the classroom, American primary-school educators spend 1,913 working in a year. According to data from the comparable year in a Labor Department survey, an average full-time employee works 1,932 hours a year spread out over 48 weeks (excluding two weeks vacation and federal holidays).

more . . . http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2011/06/25/number-of-the...

Let's see if I have this right. You're complaining because you get full time wags, the best bennies and only have to work 1,097 hours a calendar year?

No wonder public school teachers are losing their jobs from coast to coast. Even in blue states by democrat politicians.

You're ****ing delusional.

Reader Rabbit (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sat Jun-25-11 03:56 PM
Response to Original message
1. You expect anyone to have sympathy for those trough feeders?

:lmao:

This one may sink. She's not going to find a sympathetic group at the DUngheap.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
an average full-time employee works 1,932 hours a year spread out over 48 weeks (excluding two weeks vacation and federal holidays).

So the average worker has to work 835 more hours than teachers, and we are supposed to feel bad for teachers?
Yeah teachers may have to take some work home, but they get every freaking federal holiday plus a 2 month break every year, not to mention 2 weeks for Christmas, A week for Spring Break etc.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
For 15 years I worked 2 jobs and approximately 3,000 hours per year, after I gave up the 2nd job I worked approximately 2200 hours a year, and never got anywhere near the salary and benefits Teachers did!
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
bbinacan  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sat Jun-25-11 06:17 PM
7. Please check my math here

Edited on Sat Jun-25-11 06:19 PM by bbinacan
I've had a few beers. 1097 hours/40 hours = 27.425 weeks. 1913 hours/40 hours = 47.825 weeks. Nice gig, I work 2304+ hours a year with no paid vacation. This is based on a 48 week year. I don't get paid for the missing 4 weeks.

proud2BlibKansan Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Jun-25-11 06:23 PM
Response to Reply #7
8. Put down the beer

Kids aren't in school 8 hours a day.

From the OP: "U.S. primary-school educators spent 1,097 hours a year teaching despite only spending 36 weeks a year in the classroom — among the lowest among the countries tracked."

boppers (1000+ posts) Sat Jun-25-11 06:26 PM
9. "American teachers are the most productive"?

hours worked = productivity?

:eyes:

proud2BlibKansan Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Jun-25-11 06:45 PM
Response to Reply #9
13. The article refers to:

"1,097: Average number of hours U.S. teachers spend per year on instruction"

Instruction is only a portion of a teacher's work load. Prep time is another hour or more per day at school and then there are several hours spent after school and in the evening prepping and grading.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Oh my.

That campfire just might turn into a train-wreck for the wretched old bitch.

One hopes.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Oh my.

That campfire just might turn into a train-wreck for the wretched old bitch.

One hopes.

Shame on the few who are giving her sympathy in the thread, they have to be moles!

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Proud2BDUmb gets the summer off, but that's just a fraction of her good deal. Every day, while school is in session, she spends several hours reading and posting at the DUmp. Since nearly all her DUmp original posts are stupid kpete-ish copy-and-paste jobs, she spends countless other hours reading, and probably posting, at other moonbat sites.

I wonder if anyone has yet notified Anne's Board of Education about her activities on taxpayer time? I sure hope they don't, because Anne Pritchett is a really, really dedicated professional, during the brief periods of time she's not online, and I don't want her to worry.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Proud2BDUmb gets the summer off, but that's just a fraction of her good deal. Every day, while school is in session, she spends several hours reading and posting at the DUmp.

So you've noticed that, too.

I been watching it for several years, and trust me, it's true.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

Proud2BDUmb gets the summer off, but that's just a fraction of her good deal. Every day, while school is in session, she spends several hours reading and posting at the DUmp. Since nearly all her DUmp original posts are stupid kpete-ish copy-and-paste jobs, she spends countless other hours reading, and probably posting, at other moonbat sites.

I wonder if anyone has yet notified Anne's Board of Education about her activities on taxpayer time? I sure hope they don't, because Anne Pritchett is a really, really dedicated professional, during the brief periods of time she's not online, and I don't want her to worry.

She posts on other sites as well. Years ago she complained about a stalker/secret admirer from another forum. She even gave the guys screen name. Well it wasn't hard to find out where she was posting. Knowing that she lived in KC, I started off looking for her by reading Letters to the editor in her local paper. Nothing there so I tried the forum in the same paper, The KC Star. Low and behold there was a person was making the same complaint about a stalker/secret admirer in that paper. FOUND HER. I registered and ****ed with her until I got bored. There were 2 hardcore moonbats on that forum. The rest were conservative. I guess that's why she quit posting. She kept getting her ass handed to her.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
She posts on other sites as well. Years ago she complained about a stalker/secret admirer from another forum. She even gave the guys screen name. Well it wasn't hard to find out where she was posting. Knowing that she lived in KC, I started off looking for her by reading Letters to the editor in her local paper. Nothing there so I tried the forum in the same paper, The KC Star. Low and behold there was a person was making the same complaint about a stalker/secret admirer in that paper. FOUND HER. I registered and ****ed with her until I got bored. There were 2 hardcore moonbats on that forum. The rest were conservative. I guess that's why she quit posting. She kept getting her ass handed to her.

With those hours, wouldn't her pay-rate be about $75-90 per hour?

How many people here make that sort of money?

How many primitives on Skins's island make that sort of money?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

Found it. It's from 05. (Have I been laughing at them that long?)

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=105&topic_id=3552047

proud2BlibKansan Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Jun-30-05 05:24 PM
Original message
I am being stalked

(And before I go any farther, I need to say :hi: to my stalker)

He is a freeper from another board. He is tracking my internet surfing and knows what sites I go to and what I post. He has followed me to three discussion boards. When I quit posting, he stops also. But as soon as I log back on, within 5 minutes, he is there responding to me (and rather hatefully I might add). I can stay away from a discussion board for months and so does he. But as soon as I log on, he is there.

He followed me here but got TSed almost immediately. So now he just lurks and copies my posts here to post on another board, including the link. I have thought about changing my DU screen name, but he would probably find me again right away.

I am running spyware and my computer expert friends are helping me figure out how he is tracking me on the internet.

But here is why I posted this - is this illegal? Is internet stalking a crime? Any attorneys out there willing to give me some free legal advice? I am willing to take this as far as I have to to get him off my back.

Hey Anne!  :tongue:

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Thu Jun-30-05 05:24 PM

<<not guilty.  As usual.

<<this was before I'd even heard of the wretched old bitch at our old home.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

<<not guilty.  As usual.

<<this was before I'd even heard of the wretched old bitch at our old home.

Not me. We've been intimate for a while now.

I used the same screen name at the KC forum as I do here. Someone from CU in the KC area recognized me from CU.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 07:20:22 PM by Tucker »

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Not me. We've been intimate for a while now.

I used the same screen name at the Kc forum as i do here. Someone from CU in the kc area recognized me from CU.

This was during the height of the Scamdal, and as the wretched old bitch wasn't part of the scam, I was unaware of her, paying attention only to the acolytes of the red round one.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

This was during the height of the Scamdal, and as the wretched old bitch wasn't part of the scam, I was unaware of her, paying attention only to the acolytes of the red round one.

Doing a search in the archives on Anne revealed that her and Pam are about the same mentally.
She use to post BS in the lounge; I wrecked my car, I lost my phone, my husband is dying kinda shit.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
1097 hours, eh.

Tell you what, Anne.  Let's trade jobs.

I'll gladly work half the yearly hours I work now to do what you do, and as an added bonus, I'll bet the kids in my class will actually LEARN something useful.

You can work my 10-12 hour/day job 6 days a week like I do.

I won't even hold it against you that school is out for the summer now, and I won't get a paycheck until September.

Deal?
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
I know a group of people who get pretty lousy pay, lousy working conditions a lot of the time, years away from friends and family, and a job that may require them to die at any given time. Yet they have no union, DU spits on them when they think they can make a political point, yet they do their job and never complain. That's right its our military.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1362262

Let's see if I have this right. You're complaining because you get full time wags, the best bennies and only have to work 1,097 hours a calendar year?

To be fair there is prep time and non-instructional time (Like sponsoring their allotted share of extracurricular student activities/coaching, tutoring, and in many places mandatory professional development classes) but we really don't know if any of that got rolled into the 'Instructional time' stat she quoted.  Even with prep time that teachers make fuss about, most of them are teaching the same subjects to the same grade level year after year, so I am somewhat skeptical on the true merit of that one.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Oh f'n please, Pam. My normal work hours are from 8-5, and at 52 weeks per year, that's 2080 hours. Back out the 2 weeks vacation and it's 2000. Add the after hours I man the 24/7 help desk that we have on rotation and we're up to probably 2200. Add my travel time, set up time for the classroom, and I'm probably up to 2600 hours per year.

Quit your bitching, skank.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
To be fair there is prep time and non-instructional time (Like sponsoring their allotted share of extracurricular student activities/coaching, tutoring, and in many places mandatory professional development classes) but we really don't know if any of that got rolled into the 'Instructional time' stat she quoted.  Even with prep time that teachers make fuss about, most of them are teaching the same subjects to the same grade level year after year, so I am somewhat skeptical on the true merit of that one.

I'll agree with you on this.  The 2nd grade teacher one floor below me also coaches her system's varsity girls' basketball team.  I distinctly remember watching her take apart my HS alma mater about ten years ago.  She was good.  And she puts in a lot of time there doing that (coaching).  She told me one time that she couldn't wait for an upcoming break, as she didn't have a chance to do anything for herself.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Tucker

I'll agree with you on this.  The 2nd grade teacher one floor below me also coaches her system's varsity girls' basketball team.  I distinctly remember watching her take apart my HS alma mater about ten years ago.  She was good.  And she puts in a lot of time there doing that (coaching).  She told me one time that she couldn't wait for an upcoming break, as she didn't have a chance to do anything for herself.

She's not doing it for free. There's financial incentives associated with activities outside of the classroom. This includes required scholastic studies.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
She's not doing it for free. There's financial incentives associated with activities outside of the classroom. This includes required scholastic studies.

She did mention having to go away for two weeks, this summer.  But, I know that she'll be back in the area for July 22nd (Carl can probably figure out why).  In any event, she's a good person.  (Not hard on the eyes, either.)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.