Author Topic: Attention moonbats- Hear ye! Hear ye!- Keef starts tonight- poll  (Read 742 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1327735

Cal33 (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sun Jun-19-11 12:47 PM
Original message
A Reminder to all those who are interested - Keith Olbermann will be on TV "Current" for t he first   Updated at 1:37 PM

time, tomorrow evening (Monday - 6/20/11) at 8:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time.
It was a long wait! Wasn't it?

PDJane Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sun Jun-19-11 12:58 PM
Response to Original message
1. And, annoyingly,

since I live in Canada, I can't get it. Peeves me mightily.

The solution will be what kills keef.

csziggy Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sun Jun-19-11 12:59 PM
Response to Reply #1
2. Can you get it on the internet?

http://current.com/shows/countdown/

Tx4obama Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sun Jun-19-11 03:30 PM
Response to Reply #1
13. Tomorrow at 8pm ET check the link below

There will be a live stream of Keith's show: http://msnbclive.eu /

Streamed from Europe. Cost= free

peterrocks (4 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Mon Jun-20-11 01:42 PM
Response to Reply #1
35. Yes you can watch it in canada still :)

You can watch it here, its being streamed live

http://ready-tv.com/?p=109

Cost= Free

Lucian Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sun Jun-19-11 02:01 PM
7. I don't have Current but will I be able to watch online?

Berry Cool Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sun Jun-19-11 02:28 PM
Response to Reply #7
9. This site (Ready TV) says it will have Current TV streaming live

http://ready-tv.com/?p=109

It's down now, but they say it'll be back up in time for Keith's debut.

Good place to bookmark if you don't get Current (you should ask for it anyway) and want to watch. But the network itself will also offer each show as podcasts after the fact.

I think that their server will not be able to handle all of the parasites looking for something for nothing.

moondust Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Mon Jun-20-11 12:37 PM
33. Countdown is re-run numerous times throughout the night and next day.

Edited on Mon Jun-20-11 12:47 PM by moondust
According to the Dish guide, Countdown will be aired at the following times (EDT):

8 p.m., 11 p.m., 2 a.m., 4 a.m., 7 a.m., 10 a.m., 12 p.m., 3 p.m., 6 p.m

Can you say overexposure!

I think that Current is on the same road to ruin as Air America. They haven't quite figured out that in order to survive, they need advertisers. Advertising rates are based on viewership numbers. Those who stream it illegally will not count as viewers.

It will bleed money. I give it one year.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Attention moonbats- Hear ye! Hear ye!- Keef starts tonight- poll
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 02:21:15 PM »
I say 2 years.  Remember something--Algore is a billionaire, off of the glowball warming scams.  He has a lot of money to burn (and put greenhouse gases into the environment).
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 02:36:27 PM »
I say 2 years.  Remember something--Algore is a billionaire, off of the glowball warming scams.  He has a lot of money to burn (and put greenhouse gases into the environment).

I don't know.

Look at FOX and Glenn Beck. There were other shows to carry the loss of revenue. I don't see gore doing that to save KO. Keep in mind that to a liberal, it's up to someone else to offer financial support of any endeavor. The only entities that survive are the ones backed by taxpayer dollars.

Running a repeat of a show eight time in a 24 business hour schedule is no key to success.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Karin

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 02:40:53 PM »
no key to success.
  Sounds like the kiss of death to me.  They have absolutely no other content to offer up?  I voted 6 mo, but maybe he'll last a year. 

Offline sybilll

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 02:42:15 PM »
I don't know.

Look at FOX and Glenn Beck. There were other shows to carry the loss of revenue. I don't see gore doing that to save KO. Keep in mind that to a liberal, it's up to someone else to offer financial support of any endeavor. The only entities that survive are the ones backed by taxpayer dollars.

Running a repeat of a show eight time in a 24 business hour schedule is no key to success.
But, Gore can use Current's losses as a good tax write-off.  I know, I know, Al could voluntarily write a check to the IRS for his *fair share*, but his causes are just, and must be funded accordingly.   :rotf:

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 02:46:25 PM »
I say two years or longer with changes - the sorry station that is Current TV will not draw enough viewership for the mighty Olberdork, so he will retool his program to attempt to gain marketshare, and fail.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 02:57:29 PM »
What is the over/under on the number of days until a guest host will have to fill in for Keith because they cannot coax him out of his bathtub?

I say 8.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 04:06:41 PM »
Pisces  (1000+ posts) Sun Jun-19-11 01:08 PM
4. Unfortunately for Keith he is in for a rude awakening. People will not go out of their way watch him

When he was on MSNBC he had a platform to reach a wider audience, not he will truly be in a echo chamber. He is not as popular as he believes himself to be and was overpaid by Current tv.

I use to like him but he has gotten way to arrogant and full of himself.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline jukin

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 04:12:39 PM »
No way AlGore puts his own money down a rat hole. 6-12 months unless OlberDUche pays to stay on air.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 04:47:26 PM »
They'll give him a year minimum to see if he can gain an audience.  He won't, but they're libs and will try another year just to make sure.  So 2 years, maybe longer, but not much.

Current TV's lineup is awful.  I agree with Tucker, it's another AAR.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011, 05:39:25 PM »
I'll give Current TV one year.

They've been around since 2005 and still have only 6 shows with a handful of viewers.  Hemorrhaging cash with two IPO attempts that never happened.
They'll try to get some kind of name and do an IPO or go away. 

25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011, 06:58:09 PM »
No way AlGore puts his own money down a rat hole. 6-12 months unless OlberDUche pays to stay on air.

AlGoer is tighter than bark on a tree.  I remember reading an article about the condition of his 'share cropper' property that he leased or rented out.  Talk about shitting in a pickle bucket.  I also seem to remember some story on his mining and environmental crimes.  Piece of work.  I really wish I had saved some of the links. 

That said, the dump is having a gorebasim over Keefie's return. :rotf: :rotf:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2011, 07:05:53 PM »
Is anybody live-tweeting Olberman?
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2011, 08:18:38 PM »
Keef will be as miserable at algore-TV as know-it-all nadin in Andrea's deserted wilderness.

Algore and Keef would both fit in perfectly with the other smug snots at OET, but Keef needs more attention.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 08:29:42 PM by GOBUCKS »

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2011, 08:28:48 PM »
Keef will be as miserable at algore-TV as know-ie-all nadin in Andrea's deserted wilderness.

Algore and Keef would both fit in perfectly with the other smug snots at OET, but Keef needs more attention.

Keef was known for lying about his pedigree, pretending his education from Cornell Cow College made him part of the Ivy League.  He has to be miserable at a little piss puddle network like Current.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2011, 08:36:10 PM »
They'll give him a year minimum to see if he can gain an audience.  He won't, but they're libs and will try another year just to make sure.  So 2 years, maybe longer, but not much.

Current TV's lineup is awful.  I agree with Tucker, it's another AAR.
The city I live in has a population of 600k, give or take a few thousand, but there are over two million people within half an hour of the city limits.  A large number no matter how you cut it.  As a result, we have three community access cable channels available.  The quality is awful, the programming is repetitive, and the political slant is obvious.

I saw Current when I was in an area that got Time Warner cable instead of Comcast and that was the same impression I got from watching Al Gore's network. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 08:41:35 PM »
DUmmyland is all lit up tonight over Keef's new show.
It's kind of weird to see the goons happy for once.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.