Author Topic: What did you use to do that your disease-ridden body won't let you do now?  (Read 503 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x9708257

applegrove Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Jun-08-11 08:24 PM
Original message
What things did you use to do that you don't do anymore? I used to

crack jokes amongst my friends. I used to laugh alot. Don't do that much anymore.

dixiegrrrrl Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Jun-08-11 08:32 PM
Response to Original message
1. Walk without pain.

applegrove Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Jun-08-11 09:25 PM
Response to Reply #2
6. I used to ride. I never took lessons. I'd just drive out to this one farm, ask for their fastest

horse, make it gallop and go for it. No helmit or nothing. What a fool I was.

Nothing has changed.

taterguy Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Jun-08-11 08:36 PM
3. Sled naked

madinmaryland Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Jun-08-11 10:01 PM
Response to Reply #3
9. WTF, Francis.

You would have to be a dumbass to do something like that!

:lmao:

Curmudgeoness Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Jun-08-11 09:05 PM
5. A better question would be what do I still do that I used to do.

There is too much that I used to do and don't do now. Sadly, laugh a lot is one of the things I have lost too.

Curmudgeoness Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Jun-08-11 09:58 PM
Response to Reply #7
8. I am glad that you are not

self-depretiating now too. I was never able to be funny. I just never did have the wit for it. But I love to laugh. I just take everything too seriously these days.

I don't sing and dance around like I used to either. That used to be as good as laughing. Hmmmm, so what is stopping me???

Generic Brad Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Jun-08-11 10:46 PM
13. Act

I was pretty good at it back in the day. I won awards, never had a bad review. I just never got paid.

It has been decades since I did that.

They paid you what you were worth.

mysuzuki2 Donating Member (787 posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Jun-09-11 12:11 AM
16. have sex

shoutinfreud (97 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Jun-09-11 01:56 AM
19. Same as you, actually

I used to actually be fairly quick-witted and always bouncy and laughing. Now I'm gregarious and depressing. I really don't know why it happened. It actually has me a bit worried. Thing about it is that I'm generally a happy person. I'm happily married, have a decent paying job and not much to complain about. I think it may just be part of getting old.

I see more and more of my father in me as the years go on.

Other than that, I used to play guitar, fish, all sorts of things. I really need to get out of this rut.

raccoon Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Jun-09-11 08:47 AM
28. Write, as in fiction or poetry. I still write in a journal--occasionally.

Try to force myself to be outgoing (I'm just not.).

Drink lots of cups of coffee (can't because of GERD).

Drink alcohol. Smoke cigarettes. And other stuff.

The world needs less writers.

LeftinOH Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Jun-09-11 08:50 AM
29. Watch the news on TV. I haven't watched TV news in a very long time. n/t

Where do you get your news from? Ah! DUmb question.

A pitiful lot.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
It doesn't surprise me that most of they forgot how to laugh.

A pathetic collection of losers.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline thundley4

It doesn't surprise me that most of they forgot how to laugh.

A pathetic collection of losers.

Without laughter, what's the use of living?

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
That whole thread is solely the fault of George W. Bush.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
applegrove Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Jun-08-11 09:25 PM
Response to Reply #2
6. I used to ride. I never took lessons. I'd just drive out to this one farm, ask for their fastest

horse, make it gallop and go for it. No helmit or nothing. What a fool I was.

What a rebel.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I used to go fishing and hunting squirrels and rabbits quite a lot.  Now I work too many friggin' hours/days to find the time to do it anymore.

I don't think that's what the DUmmies mean though.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Something tells me their claims of laughing alot in the past were never alot to begin with.  They laugh when someone they hate politically has a misstep or is damaged, but their lives revolve around being misreable and seeing that everyone around them is at least as equally miserable as they.

During the Bush years, we predicted that even with a Dem in office they'd still be complaining, miserable, and making excuses for why things weren't going the way they wanted them to go.  We were right, as we always are.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
I am waiting for this response:

...dodge bricks.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I am waiting for this response:

...dodge bricks.

:lmao:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iXP9yoc4VY[/youtube]

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline ChuckJ

I wish TiT was still there.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe