Author Topic: Union cops and firefighters watch man drown. DUmmies blame conservatives.  (Read 2335 times)

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
My eldest son is an arson investigator.
I find fault.
No man, union or not, will stand by and watch another die due to union regs.
Nope.
Not gonna happen.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline catsmtrods

No real man would! This has something to do with the pussifcation of the American male! Makes sense it comes to the surface on the fag infested west coast! I'll tell ya one thing my wife is more of a man than any of those shitbags standing around watching men and boys die! If she were at the scene and saw a human that resembled a male standing there doing nothing she would slap them in the mouth and jump in herself!
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline formerlurker

This is the most disgusting thing I have read in a long time -- unbelievable.   They should all be fired.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
This is the most disgusting thing I have read in a long time -- unbelievable.   They should all be fired.

In any other state, they probably would be, regardless of union rules.  Most states have a "Good Samaritan" law that not only holds free from litigation those who offer reasonable help to others in a medical emergency, but also impose a "duty to act" on those who have been trained to do so.  As Snugs pointed out, CA's good samaritan law is turned on its head, you're protected only if you do nothing.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Well if you told me you were drowning
I would not lend a hand
I just don't have the paperwork, permits..
And my union, it just blames 'Da Man'
Well I stood there and then I watched you die
I saw it with my own two eyes
But if I don't get paid,
You don't get saved
Because of Republican lies

I'm gonna have that somg going through my head for the next hour or so, now.  H5.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Karin

I'm sorry Skul, but it is very real.  Not made up.  It was on the news this morning, and there is plenty of public outrage.  To the DUmmies credit, they're outraged too.  One guy "could understand" it happening, and he was jumped all over.  It's a horrifying event, and it should cause some national soul searching, IMO. 

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
I find fault.
Nope.
Not gonna happen.

Several cities in California have said that they cannot afford to pay liability insurance for their emergency crews.  One small town south of me disbanded their fire department because of it, they are now reliant on the fire departments in surrounding areas.  Typical liberal response to budget difficulties, cut the most essential programs first to force funding. 

This isn't strictly a union issue.  My understanding is that because the firemen did not have the proper training (due to budget cuts that took out the training) they could be held liable if they tried to rescue the man and he was injured in any way.  This is the fault of lawsuits run amok.

Offline thundley4

Several cities in California have said that they cannot afford to pay liability insurance for their emergency crews.  One small town south of me disbanded their fire department because of it, they are now reliant on the fire departments in surrounding areas.  Typical liberal response to budget difficulties, cut the most essential programs first to force funding. 

This isn't strictly a union issue.  My understanding is that because the firemen did not have the proper training (due to budget cuts that took out the training) they could be held liable if they tried to rescue the man and he was injured in any way.  This is the fault of lawsuits run amok.

They didn't even recover the body, but left that for a passerby to do.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
They didn't even recover the body, but left that for a passerby to do.

I'm absolutely not defending their actions, and I hope that if I were ever in their situation that I would go in and try to help.  I honestly don't know why they wouldn't have gone to at least recover the body. 

Offline catsmtrods

Law suit or not, job or not, I could not stand there and do nothing! I just could not! I don't know what it is but I'm the kind of guy who in situations like that just acts without thinking. Is it just me?
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline Karin

Of course it's not just you!!  Everyone I know, and everyone on this board, would jump in without thinking.  Absolutely. 

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
This isn't that hard, really..

1) Get a half dozen guys in the water, to try to talk the victim out.
2) When it doesn't work, a 7th guy shoots the victim with a tranquilizer from the shore.
3) Drag the sleepy yet still alive victim to shore, transport to mental hospital & treat for hypothermia.

Or

1) Get a couple of guys in wetsuits with oxygen tanks to sneak up on the victim, and then drag him in.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Harder to come up with a better illustration of Democrat/liberal policies in action.  People are afraid to help one another because they might get sued into oblivion; the trial lawyers lobby strikes again.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
I find fault.
Nope.
Not gonna happen.

It happened before:

http://www.nwcn.com/home/Boy-dies-friends-disgusted-by-slow-response-121535594.html
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site