Author Topic: Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake  (Read 15010 times)

Offline debk

Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake
« on: April 11, 2011, 10:13:34 AM »
Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake

1 Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Cake Mix
1 box Lemon Instant Pudding Mix
1 stick melted butter
4 eggs
1 cup of water
2-3 Tblsp lemon juice
1/2 to 1 tsp lemon zest
fresh blueberries ( I used about 2 cups, but will use less next time, don't use more though or it will overwhelm the batter)

Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour bundt pan.

In a small bowl, put the blueberries and some of the pudding mix and shake to coat the blueberries. 

Mix all ingredients - except blueberries - for about 2 mionutes on medium until smooth. (do not add hot melted butter on top of the eggs). Gently fold in the blueberries with a spatula.
Pour evenly into the bundt pan (do not shake to even out the batter, I did, and it sank the blueberries  :censored: ), bake for 45-55 minutes, testing for doneness.

Let cool in pan for 25 minutes. Flip out onto a plate to make sure it will come out ok, then flip it back into bundt pan. Poke holes in top(which is really the bottom) with a wooden skewer. Pour half the glaze over the cake and let it cool in pan on a rack for another half hour. Flip out onto cake plate, and cover top with rest of glaze. (may need to carefully microwave the glaze to liquefy).

Glaze ( I didn't measure, so wing it, but you want it kind of thin)

4 Tbls melted butter
4 Tbls lemon juice
1 cup powdered sugar

Whisk until the lumps are out. may need to add more powdered sugar...you don't want it too thin, but too thick and it won't sink into the cake. It will set up quickly, so don't make it until right before pouring it on the cake.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Karin

Re: Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 04:01:40 PM »
That sounds sooooo good!  And if you like things less sweet, you could skip the glaze and maybe just dust some powdered sugar to dress it. 

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 05:41:15 PM »
Whoa, that's some seriously good sounding cake!  I have all the ingredients except blueberries, not hard to find in the store tomorrow though. :)
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 09:29:39 PM »
I have an awesome bundt cake pan, it's cast iron.  I can't get cakes out of it.  :bawl:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 09:32:43 PM »
I have an awesome bundt cake pan, it's cast iron.  I can't get cakes out of it.  :bawl:
Pam?

I've never had a problem getting a cake out of a pan.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 09:41:35 PM »
Pam?

I've never had a problem getting a cake out of a pan.

I'm jinxed. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 09:43:05 PM »
One popular baking tip is to toss the pan in flour after brushing the inside with oil (cover the top with plastic wrap). 

Again, never had to use it.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.