Author Topic: primitives applaud Jr. from Vermont  (Read 1255 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives applaud Jr. from Vermont
« on: March 12, 2008, 02:56:24 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2997872

Oh my.

MiniMe  (1000+ posts)      Wed Mar-12-08 03:02 PM
Original message

Bernie Sanders just went off on Judd Gregg on the Senate floor

They are discussing Sanders bill about rolling back the taxes on the top 2%

I have to say any primitive bonfires about the junior U.S. Senator from Vermont always get my attention.

mdmc  (1000+ posts)       Wed Mar-12-08 03:02 PM
Response to Original message

1. Wake up DEMS!

Bernie is the man!

I used to watch Jr. from Vermont when he was a lowly congressman, on C-Span.

Hannah Bell (366 posts)       Wed Mar-12-08 03:03 PM

2. details?

Of course, I'm deaf; I couldn't hear what he was being so righteously indignant about.

MiniMe  (1000+ posts)      Wed Mar-12-08 03:37 PM
Response to Reply #2

5. basically, Bernie said something like, Since you keep repeating the same talking points over and over again, let me repeat a few. Do the rich pay the most taxes? Of course they do. Why do they pay the most money in taxes? Because the richest 2% have increased their wealth by 250% while the poor and middle class are stretched to the limit. I don't remember the rest of it, but you get the idea. And then of course, the whole thing was quickly dropped by both parties.

Just watching Jr. from Vermont spitter and sputter in pompous anger was a show better than any carnival freak-show.

GreenPartyVoter  (1000+ posts)      Wed Mar-12-08 03:29 PM

3. You go, Bernie!

Nowadays, I think that if it should ever happen--and stranger things than this, have happened in this life--that franksolich has to face a Senate committee which includes Jr. from Vermont, problem.

I have to be up close to people, to "hear" them.

If this should so happen, I would unfortunately have to demand a 3/4" thick shield of plexiglass between franksolich and Jr. from Vermont, so as to avoid being shot full of holes by his cannon-ball like spittle.
apres moi, le deluge