Author Topic: Scott Brown: Healthcare for everyone  (Read 6700 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Re: Scott Brown: Healthcare for everyone
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2010, 03:56:45 PM »
Jeez Louise.

Some "true conservatives" are doing everything in their power to take this guy down. I don't understand it. Show me another senator--or candidate--from Massachusetts who is even CLOSE to this guy.

He's there to represent Massachusetts. He's there to be the 41st vote against this health care abomination.

Panties are getting bunched here, and I'm not exactly sure why.

because they are a bunch of whiny ****ing libertarian bitches who'd rather cry about 'true conservatives' than fight the enemy at hand- Obama and his administration. They're still sucking Rpaul's cock and spouting talking points from Stormfront.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2010, 04:46:30 PM »

and if the states don't want to do it? I am sure the left will think of a way to force them.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2010, 04:59:13 PM »
and if the states don't want to do it? I am sure the left will think of a way to force them.

???

What in the heck does that have to do with your clip?

Offline bkg

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2010, 05:07:52 PM »
because they are a bunch of whiny ****ing libertarian bitches who'd rather cry about 'true conservatives' than fight the enemy at hand- Obama and his administration. They're still sucking Rpaul's cock and spouting talking points from Stormfront.

Conservatives attacking Conservatives... C'mon.

Nothing wrong with pointing out the guy's record. It is cause for concern; denying that, IMHO, is just as concerning. He's one helluva lot more conservative than the alternative, broke the stronghold on the seat that I personally never thought would happen. But assuming he's going to live up to all of the campaign promises is also naive. As has been said, let's see what he does, then judge the success or failure of this election.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2010, 05:35:29 PM »
???

What in the heck does that have to do with your clip?

Its not MY clip. I just thought it was interesting,

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2010, 06:40:12 PM »
Its not MY clip. I just thought it was interesting,

It was put up by a Ron Paul supporter with a curious cherry picking of a quote which was taken completely out of context.   

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2010, 08:20:03 AM »
It was put up by a Ron Paul supporter with a curious cherry picking of a quote which was taken completely out of context.   

Forget it, FL--they're rolling.

Guy hasn't even been sworn in and he's already a RINO.  Even I have to cringe at the knee-jerk bullshit.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline bkg

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2010, 12:15:33 PM »
Forget it, FL--they're rolling.

Guy hasn't even been sworn in and he's already a RINO.  Even I have to cringe at the knee-jerk bullshit.

I think that goes both ways, Sparky. People are pissed - (almost) every "republican" who campaigns on concervative principals ends up as a RINO. So there is a lot of cynicism out there, and rightfully so, IMHO. So the question becomes, do you give the guy the benefit of the doubt, and believe he'll maintain his campaign promises, even though that's likely statistically foolish, or do you take a more cynical (realistic?) approach and expect that he won't maintain promises? Six of one, half a dozen of the other...  Some people get that tingly feeling up their leg about Brown... others are skeptical. Who's right?

Offline Scoobie

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2010, 12:34:45 PM »
I think that goes both ways, Sparky. People are pissed - (almost) every "republican" who campaigns on concervative principals ends up as a RINO. So there is a lot of cynicism out there, and rightfully so, IMHO. So the question becomes, do you give the guy the benefit of the doubt, and believe he'll maintain his campaign promises, even though that's likely statistically foolish, or do you take a more cynical (realistic?) approach and expect that he won't maintain promises? Six of one, half a dozen of the other...  Some people get that tingly feeling up their leg about Brown... others are skeptical. Who's right?

OT-
Speaking of tingly feelings....here's Mr. Brown going au naturale for Cosmo back in the day.  :-)

Ok, carry on.  :popcorn:

When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing -- then we truly live life.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2010, 12:36:21 PM »
I think that goes both ways, Sparky. People are pissed - (almost) every "republican" who campaigns on Conservative principals ends up as a RINO. So there is a lot of cynicism out there, and rightfully so, IMHO. So the question becomes, do you give the guy the benefit of the doubt, and believe he'll maintain his campaign promises, even though that's likely statistically foolish, or do you take a more cynical (realistic?) approach and expect that he won't maintain promises? Six of one, half a dozen of the other...  Some people get that tingly feeling up their leg about Brown... others are skeptical. Who's right?

I suspect that most of us are willing to give Brown the benefit of the doubt, until his voting record proves otherwise.

Let us never forget that politics is the art of "what is possible", therefore, we are never going to see a congress, or likely even a majority that is "ideologically pure" from our perspective.......hell, we can't even agree on that concept between ourselves.  With the wide variation in political views, and personal motivations of voters across the country, we are always going to have to deal with a certain amount of compromise when it comes to what is "possible" to use that word again.

To get stuck in ideological purity, as it applies to a particular candidate or politician, is somewhat an exercise in futility, as they are all subject to the values imprinted on them by their constituencies, and when they get to DC, this is compounded by the pressures brought about by the agenda of the party leadership........these factors are not going to change.....and how we deal with them in the long run, will determine our ultimate success or failure as a political movement.......

By demanding purity, we become just as "stuck on stupid" as the DUmmies are, and allowng that to drive our daily lives, will make us just as frustrated and unhappy as they are.......this is not our goal, personal or political.....individual freedom and happiness are......

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2010, 12:43:59 PM »
I think that goes both ways, Sparky. People are pissed - (almost) every "republican" who campaigns on concervative principals ends up as a RINO.

Oh, horseshit.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2010, 12:46:05 PM »

OT-
Speaking of tingly feelings....here's Mr. Brown going au naturale for Cosmo back in the day.  :-)

heh.  Trouble maker.   :uhsure: 

I like your style! :cheersmate:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Chris_

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2010, 01:04:13 PM »

OT-

woa!  he's a little hairy, but i'd have to be really cranky to kick him out of bed.  I got your healthcare, right here, baby.    :naughty:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2010, 01:27:56 PM »
How do I put someone on ignore??

seriously.

:o :o :o :o

Offline Chris_

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2010, 01:50:17 PM »
How do I put someone on ignore??

seriously.

:o :o :o :o

Go to your profile, click on the left hand sidebar, ignore options, type in "SherryBaby"   :lmao:

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2010, 02:27:18 PM »
Go to your profile, click on the left hand sidebar, ignore options, type in "SherryBaby"   :lmao:

:rotf:

+2
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2010, 02:56:32 PM »
I think that goes both ways, Sparky. People are pissed - (almost) every "republican" who campaigns on concervative principals ends up as a RINO.

And of course you have something to back this up right?
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline bkg

« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2010, 02:58:12 PM »
And of course you have something to back this up right?

Yeah... it's called 8 years of gov't growth under the Bush admin, 6 with full GOP control. If that's not enough evidence of abandoned fiscal conservatism, then I can't help you.  :whatever:

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2010, 03:28:25 PM »

OT-

LOL -- H5

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2010, 03:56:29 PM »

Is there a way to turn off images in posts?

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2010, 04:12:22 PM »
Is there a way to turn off images in posts?

You turned on an image?!  Really?!

:p

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2010, 04:14:42 PM »
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2010, 04:17:13 PM »
You turned on an image?!  Really?!

:p

KC

i do not need to see the rhino of a RINO is all

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2010, 05:06:55 PM »
i do not need to see the rhino of a RINO is all

LOL.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Javelin

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2010, 05:31:27 PM »
You know I am glad that Scott Brown won.  The monkey wrench was tossed into the Omachine and the widget production line has temporarily halted.  This is how I see Browns election, nothing more at this time.  

My point... we need to see what they actually do next, on both sides.  A technical victory that gives us a tactical advantage does not mean that the Messiah as arrived like some of the idiots out there believe when they suggest Brown run for President.... please spare me.  

I may not share the same enthusiasm as some Republicans... but thats right I am not a Republican.  Forgive me for being a Three Percenter that is a Constitutionalists (Disclaimer: no I do not follow Paul he is libertarian do not confuse us.).  I need time to see what Brown will do, I need time to see what the Republicans will do with this new found tool.  I am looking for the reformation of the Party before I even start to get all warm and fuzzy inside.  At the moment I am still holding on strong to my AR-15 looking over my back for the boot thats about to get shoved up my rear.  

As to Brown and his comments... sorry but I do not see the White Knight in shining armor.  He voted for Romney care and that hurt Mass's checkbook and the taxpayer.  I do believe that we need to adjust some things such as insurance companies should be allowed to sell across state lines.  There are free market adjustments that can help the system while not burdening the taxpayer and also not increasing the national debt.  When I compare the constitutional values and the free market system to what Brown voted for, Im sorry but I am not impressed.

Time will tell.  Until then, a technical victory with a very nice monkey wrench.