Current Events > Terrorism In the US and Around the World

Hasan to Be Charged With 13 Counts of Premeditated Murder in Fort Hood Massacre

<< < (9/9)

Eupher:

--- Quote from: TxRadioguy on November 14, 2009, 12:18:22 PM ---FDR set the precedent with the trials of 8 NAZI saboteurs early in WW II.

--- End quote ---

Precedents are one thing, but we were at war with Germany -- a sovereign nation -- at that time. Trying terrorists, whether Taliban or al Qaida or just your garden-variety homespun type via UCMJ legitimizes their status and grants them the same sort of "recognition", seems to me.

It would be interesting to see how they proceed, but odds are the LZ administration is going to legitimize 'em even more by trying them in civilian courts.

He just doesn't get it.  :mental:

Randy:

--- Quote from: TxRadioguy on November 14, 2009, 08:38:17 AM ---No they want to die...in Islam they will be considered a martyr for the cause and be rewarded in the afterlife accordingly.

Not to mention if they are executed by the Infadels...they are recruiting poster material for al-Qaeda and the taliban.

The ONLY way I'd agree to that is if they were tossed into a grave with a pig sharing the space with them.

--- End quote ---

Absolutely. Make it so dying is so heinous to them that they think twice-500 times before doing anything to get punished. It used to be called crime deterrence didn't it?  Well this punishment would fit the crime and be a fitting deterrent. You also wouldn't need to waste a whole pig. A nice strip of bacon or a juicy rib would do the job.  :-)

debk:
If there has to be a trial....at least make it a woman judge and prosecuter.... :evillaugh:

Since he's already been shot up and paralyzed by a woman....might as well be women who conduct the trial.

I'm sure there has to be some shame in that since he was looking for a "traditional wife".... :uhsure:

Eupher:

--- Quote from: debk on November 15, 2009, 12:53:24 PM ---If there has to be a trial....at least make it a woman judge and prosecuter.... :evillaugh:

Since he's already been shot up and paralyzed by a woman....might as well be women who conduct the trial.

I'm sure there has to be some shame in that since he was looking for a "traditional wife".... :uhsure:

--- End quote ---

Works for me! (Can she have bacon on her breath when she reads off the sentence?)

:-)

DefiantSix:

--- Quote from: Eupher on November 15, 2009, 05:07:20 PM ---Works for me! (Can she have bacon on her breath when she reads off the sentence?)

:-)

--- End quote ---

+1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version