Author Topic: President Obama Jokes About Being a Bad Bowler: 'It's Like the Special Olympics'  (Read 3686 times)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
These are the same types that accused Sarah Palin of using her special needs child to gain the pity vote.
They claim to be tolerant, but they are far from it.
Amen!

She got hammered for bringing her infant on to the national stage (along with the rest of the family no less) but yet 0bama gets a pass? Sickening....
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Oops, I didn't see it, sorry.  Moderator, feel free to delete the thread. 

I'll just move it over here with the rest of them.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline thundley4

Just to juxtapose the Dems with who we could have had as VP.
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izn63SHXPMw&eurl[/youtube]

Offline seabelle

• "she walked into the cave...she was not afraid"
Just to juxtapose the Dems with who we could have had as VP.
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izn63SHXPMw&eurl[/youtube]

What a great video.  I really miss what could have been  :innocent:

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Frickin ASSHOLE! :censored: I'd love to meet the insensitive jerkoffs who would defend their lord and savior over this remark.   :hammer:

One of them was here--for all of one post.  Ask TRG, Eupher, or a few others what they think of him.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline formerlurker

One of them was here--for all of one post.  Ask TRG, Eupher, or a few others what they think of him.

Sparky, I have no idea how you can go there on a daily basis.   I can barely manage the every once in a while browsing I do there.   

New England misfits.   Depresses the hell out of ya that this is where we live.

ETA:   Cujo defending Obama over this was pretty predictable, and if I weren't still pissed off over what Obama said I would just laugh at him for the total tool he is.   

« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 07:53:04 PM by formerlurker »

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

Oh, I already know what they think of him.  :lmao: I haven't gone back to that website since, so I didn't know that idiot had made a defending remark.  Not surprised that he did, though.  :whatever: :mental:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline formerlurker

Special needs aren't funny, Mr. Obama
 President Obama's ''joke'' was a knife-in-the-heart moment for many parents. (Larry Downing/Reuters)

By Marianne Leone
March 21, 2009

PRESIDENT OBAMA made an off-the-teleprompter remark on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on Thursday that wasn't the least bit funny. Joking that his bowling skills were "like the Special Olympics" was one of those knife-in-the-heart moments that parents of mentally challenged children live with every day.

Obama's presidency was hailed for breaking stereotypes. We have had a disabled president - Franklin Delano Roosevelt - but the fact that he used a wheelchair was kept hidden.

Now we have a "cool" president, and racial slurs are supposed to be banished forever, but it's still OK to make fun of "retards." After all, our president does it. On national television.

All over the progressive blogosphere, the Obama supporters who retired to the fainting couch over racial slights are quick to tell the disabled community to "get over it."

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2009/03/21/special_needs_arent_funny_mr_obama/

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Former...

These idiot "libtards" (yes, I used "tard" in a word) can't twist themselves into enough knots...

LINK
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline jinxmchue

These idiot "libtards" (yes, I used "tard" in a word)...

But there's a difference.  These people are not physically or mentally disabled by any medical definition.  They are mentally disabled by choice.

Offline jinxmchue

What a great video.  I really miss what could have been  :innocent:

And what still could be.  This first time around, the way she was used by McCain made her a flash in the pan.  She has a real chance to actually step away from that during these next 3 years and make herself a viable candidate.