Author Topic: Pelosi: Iraq a failure  (Read 1925 times)

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Pelosi: Iraq a failure
« on: February 11, 2008, 09:14:28 AM »
Pelosi calls Iraq a 'failure'

By: Mike Allen
Feb 10, 2008 12:57 PM EST

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said twice Sunday that Iraq “is a failure,” adding that President Bush’s troop surge has “not produced the desired effect.”

“The purpose of the surge was to create a secure time for the government of Iraq to make the political change to bring reconciliation to Iraq,” Pelosi said on CNN’s “Late Edition.” “They have not done that.”

The speaker hastened to add: “The troops have succeeded, God bless them.”

Pelosi’s harsh verdict is a reminder of the dilemma for Democrats as they head into this fall’s presidential and congressional elections:

They need to make the case that the country needs to depart from the direction set by Bush. Yet they don’t want to look like naysayers at a time when Iraq has become more stable, albeit still violent.

link

1. How can she say the troops have succeeded if she calls Iraq is a failure?

2. How come the insurgents are talking about their total collapse?

3. Most importantly,  :bird:

Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: Pelosi: Iraq a failure
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 09:41:16 AM »
Ditto on the F.U.  :bird: :censored:

What a vile bitch. I happened to see a nanosecond of her interview and I just cannot stand to look at her face.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 10:22:18 AM »

By: Mike Allen
Feb 10, 2008 12:57 PM EST

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said twice Sunday that Iraq “is a failure,” adding that President Bush’s troop surge has “not produced the desired effect.”

“The purpose of the surge was to create a secure time for the government of Iraq to make the political change to bring reconciliation to Iraq,” Pelosi said on CNN’s “Late Edition.” “They have not done that.”

The speaker hastened to add: “The troops have succeeded, God bless them.”

Pelosi’s harsh verdict is a reminder of the dilemma for Democrats as they head into this fall’s presidential and congressional elections:

They need to make the case that the country needs to depart from the direction set by Bush. Yet they don’t want to look like naysayers at a time when Iraq has become more stable, albeit still violent.

link

2. How come the insurgents are talking about their total collapse?

3. Most importantly,  :bird:

:yeahthat: :exactly: :agree: Pelosi is a vile piece of liberal trash. She could give two shits about the troops. Double  :bird: for me.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 11:06:58 AM »
 :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: Pisslosi

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 11:10:58 AM »
Note she says "the desired effect", not "our desired effect", or "The President's desired effect".  Nope...she's talking about not getting her desired effect...failure   :censored: b*tch.

They haven't  :censored: finished yet you :censored: b*tch.

:hammer:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 11:26:10 AM »
The troops have succeeded but Iraq is a failure.

Welcome back to 1984 again, kids!
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Nick Schizen

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 12:18:37 PM »
Pelosi suffers from "Liberitis" which manifests itself with the symptoms of "diarrhea of the mouth" and "constipation of the mind".

I wonder what all the asshole liberals in congress would say "if" President Bush started talking about them?

They all cry like the bitches they are.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 01:17:20 PM »

Now that is scary.  If anyone knows about failure, it's Nancy Pelosi.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 03:17:02 PM »

Double-speak in order to cover her ass both ways. One, she is throwing her We-Want-Bush-To-Fail crowd a bone by lying and plucking "Iraq is failing" out of her rear. Two, she says the troops have succeeded in order to convey that she somehow "supports the troops."

Piss off Pelosi  :bird:
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 03:46:10 PM »
Hey Nancy!

:bird: :bird: :bird: :bird:
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 06:55:04 PM »
Actually her point is that while it has achieved military success in the field, which most would agree is a necessary precondition for political growth in Iraq, it has failed to foster that political growth.  There are two problems with Skeletorette's pronouncement:

1.  It's a bad case of "Are we there yet, Daddy? ...What about now?  ....What about now?" because just as military success takes time, so does political progress once the military success is achieved.  It's going to take quite a while to work through processes for which the Iraqis will feel any ownership afterward to get to a stable political situation;

2.  After crying "Failure" on the military effort so long and being proved wrong through the diligence, perseverance and valor of our Soldiers, the credibility of her pronouncements is pretty low.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.