Author Topic: Mythsage reaches out to "average" Republicans  (Read 5119 times)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Mythsage reaches out to "average" Republicans
« on: January 01, 2008, 03:21:36 PM »
Mythsaje  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)

Dear Average Republican,

There is NO "liberal agenda" but the shared interest of liberals who want to see things get better for everyone. You, your parents, and the guy who bags groceries down at the corner market. Liberals want to see you with enough money to buy groceries, pay off your house, and put at least one fuel-efficient vehicle in your garage so you don't have to go into bankruptcy to take that family vacation.

It's not an agenda. It's people hoping for the best for other people.

It's about hoping that your Uncle John, who's been farming the same plot of land for the last 40 years, doesn't lose his farm because he falls off his tractor and breaks his leg and can't pay his doctor bill. It's about hoping that you have some options when your town's biggest employer goes belly-up because it can't compete with that textile factory in China.

It's about making sure you get paid enough that you don't have to take two or three jobs just to make ends meet. So you can spend more time with your family...so you can play catch with your kids, or take them fishing on weekends, or take them to the local swimming hole or municipal pool to teach them how to swim.

It's not an agenda to want the best for people. It's just humanity. It's about being a good neighbor, even if that neighbor lives half a country away.

Ask a liberal what empathy is...it's about understanding where someone else is coming from. And most of us try very hard, even if we don't agree.

Being a liberal isn't about making fun of God, or your beliefs about him. Most liberals take the Sermon on the Mount to heart. They try to live the teachings of Jesus, even if some aren't sure he's really the Son of God. Thomas Jefferson called him the World's Greatest Moral Philosopher. You'll find very few liberals who'd disagree with that.

It's because of liberals that your ten year old gets to go to school rather than being forced to work in factories for spare change. It's because of liberals that you can trust your workplace to be safe and free of unexpected dangers. It is because of liberals that, should you be injured at work, you can expect fair medical treatment and compensation for your lost work, and have money coming in if you’re laid off. It’s also because of liberals that you have reasonably clean water to drink and bathe in, and that the local swimming hole isn’t completely polluted.

That's what we do. We try to look out for everybody. Even the people who hate us. We don't have an agenda. We don't take marching orders from anyone. We do what we do because we believe in people. We believe in you.

All we ask is that you begin to believe in us.

Take the blinders off. If you're saying there's no liberal agenda, that there isn't a blatant attack on anything Christian, that you don't take marching orders, etc., then you clearly need to get out of the basement.

....then again, you actually think "average" Republicans will listen to anything you moonbats say. Here's a hint, just because there are some, maybe many, Republicans are disappointed in many things Bush does, does NOT mean they're going to do a complete 180 from reasonable to outright insane.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline jtyangel

Re: Mythsage reaches out to "average" Republicans
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 05:28:07 PM »
As I said at another site, I think they time these screeds in the interest of one upping each other. I can hardly read it, knowing ahead of time exactly what it might say.

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 10:43:18 PM »
All we ask is that you begin to believe in us.

:confused: :bird: :lmao: :loser: :censored:
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 09:46:16 AM »
Oy vey!!!  :banghead:

I guess mythsaje doesn't read DU.  :confused:
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 11:20:34 AM »
"All we ask is that you begin to believe in us."

Hey, I believe in God. All others have to show me the money. Know what I mean?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.