Author Topic: Daily Presidential Approval Index  (Read 218499 times)

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Re: Daily Presidential Approval Index
« Reply #1450 on: January 13, 2012, 10:51:23 AM »
-16 today.  He hasn't been in the news that much.  Might explain why he's doing as well as he is.

-16 again roughly 2 months later. The post-Christmas employment figures will do some damage in the upcoming months. They are already slipping big time.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #1451 on: January 13, 2012, 02:08:43 PM »
-16 again roughly 2 months later. The post-Christmas employment figures will do some damage in the upcoming months. They are already slipping big time.

They'll do even more damage if a Republican PAC starts running commercials along the lines of "Barack Obama says he's created 1.4M jobs. The Bureau of Labor Statistics says that there are 1.7M fewer jobs than in Jan 2009. Who do you feel is right? Who's lying, the guy who wants your vote or the guy who has a job regardless of who you vote for?"

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #1452 on: January 25, 2012, 04:58:45 PM »
No, SOTU bump, yet. -16 again today.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #1453 on: January 26, 2012, 08:59:30 AM »
There it is...

-13 today.  Overall approval at 48 percent.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Flame

« Reply #1454 on: February 29, 2012, 08:23:54 AM »
how the heck does this loser have only a -14 approval rating?

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #1455 on: February 29, 2012, 10:23:51 AM »
how the heck does this loser have only a -14 approval rating?

Well, because he's done very little but go on campaign fundraising trips. And make videos that celebrate the "Black Americans for Obama" movement.

I'm pretty sure it's a bowel movement, so it's hard to get real excited about Barry taking a dump.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1456 on: March 12, 2012, 08:34:45 AM »
Sunday, March 11:

For the third consecutive day, Mitt Romney leads President Obama by five points in a hypothetical 2012 matchup. It is still, however, too early to tell if these results reflect a lasting change in the race or are merely statistical noise. Today's numbers show Romney at 48%, Obama at 42%. That matches the largest lead Romney has ever enjoyed over the president.

Romney’s support among Republican voters has moved up to 83%, just about matching the president’s 84% support among Democrats. However, only six percent (6%) of GOP voters would vote for Obama if Romney is the nominee. Twice as many Democrats (12%) would cross party lines to vote for Romney. The former governor of Massachusetts also has an eight-point advantage among unaffiliated voters. 

If Rick Santorum is the Republican nominee, he is up by one point over the president, 45% to 44%. He receives 77% support from Republican voters and is up three among unaffiliateds. Santorum and Romney are the only Republican candidates to lead the president more than one time in the polls.

Santorum and Romney both lead Obama among men but trail among women. Both Republicans trail the president among those under 40 but lead among those 40 and older.

Looking at Tuesday's upcoming primaries, the GOP race in Alabama is essentially a three-way tie, while Romney leads by eight in Mississippi.  Nationally, Romney now leads Santorum by 12 points.  Regardless of who they want to win, 80% of Republican Primary Voters nationwide believe Romney will be the party's nominee.

Just 32% have a favorable opinion of House Speaker John Boehner.  Twenty-nine percent (29%) say the same of former Speaker Nancy Pelosi. On the Senate side, 27% offer a positive opinion of Mitch McConnell, and 24% view Harry Reid favorably.

The Rasmussen Employment Index shows worker confidence in the labor market has risen to its highest level since September 2008. Twenty-three percent (23%) of workers report that their employers are hiring, while 20% are still seeing layoffs.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll
apres moi, le deluge

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #1457 on: March 12, 2012, 09:57:22 AM »
-16 today.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Karin

« Reply #1458 on: March 13, 2012, 12:45:16 PM »
-14 today.  59% say that Obama is more liberal than they are.  76% believe there should be a max tax ceiling of 20%.  That one kind of surprised me.  I don't have a subscription, so I couldn't read further. 

Offline Karin

« Reply #1459 on: March 30, 2012, 02:51:09 PM »
-13 today, stuck in a rut.  They've added a daily head-to-head matchup, updated 9:30 am. 

Romney 45%, Obama 46%. 

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1460 on: March 30, 2012, 03:22:06 PM »
-13 today, stuck in a rut.  They've added a daily head-to-head matchup, updated 9:30 am. 

Romney 45%, Obama 46%. 

No doubt a sampling with 40% Democrats, 40% Independent, 20% Republican.

Sorry, I don't buy these polls these days.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #1461 on: March 30, 2012, 06:11:30 PM »

Hate to tell ya, but if anyone is going to get it halfway right, it's Rasmussen.

I actually can see why so many are (still) supporting Obama.  49.5 percent of the American people pay NO taxes, and they don't seem to know or care that when he doesn't extend the "Bush tax cuts" at the end of this year, EVERYONE is going to start paying a LOT more in taxes.

It's simply a case of, "gimme my free shit" entitlement mentality.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #1462 on: March 30, 2012, 07:21:08 PM »
Hate to tell ya, but if anyone is going to get it halfway right, it's Rasmussen.

I actually can see why so many are (still) supporting Obama.  49.5 percent of the American people pay NO taxes, and they don't seem to know or care that when he doesn't extend the "Bush tax cuts" at the end of this year, EVERYONE is going to start paying a LOT more in taxes.

That mentality scares me, the have-nots outnumbering the haves.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1463 on: March 30, 2012, 07:57:51 PM »

Sorry, I disagree. Look at the poll. Romney vs Obama. We're still in the f'n primary season. Get back with me when we have a candidate that wins the primary.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Karin

« Reply #1464 on: April 03, 2012, 12:20:07 PM »
Here are the numbers since March 31:
-17  today

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #1465 on: April 03, 2012, 12:24:10 PM »
That mentality scares me, the have-nots outnumbering the haves.
I think of it more in terms of works, and work nots.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Karin

« Reply #1466 on: April 04, 2012, 01:55:31 PM »
Then, to add to my post directly above, -18 today.  These are 3-day rolling averages, which probably means today was off-the-cliff! 

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #1467 on: April 04, 2012, 11:42:40 PM »

Same here.

Offline Karin

« Reply #1468 on: April 12, 2012, 10:58:58 AM »
From today's Ras:

Voters now have more confidence in presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney than in President Obama when it comes to the economy, but on other major issues facing the nation, the two men continue to run nearly even.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey asks Likely U.S. Voters whom they trust more on five key issues, and when it comes to the economy, 49% say Romney versus 39% who trust the president more. Twelve percent (12%) are not sure. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Index stuck in rut at -13. 

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #1469 on: April 13, 2012, 07:55:55 PM »
-17 today.

Offline Karin

« Reply #1470 on: April 24, 2012, 03:57:50 PM »
Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows that Mitt Romney earns 48% of the vote, while President Obama attracts support from 44%. Four percent (4%) would vote for a third party candidate, while another 4% are undecided.

Offline Karin

« Reply #1471 on: June 18, 2012, 03:11:33 PM »
Anybody still watching this?  They now have, in addition to the index that we've been watching (-18 today), a head-to-head matchup Romney vs. Obama

Today, Romney 47%, king zero 44%.  For the last 6 days, it's been something similar.   :)

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #1472 on: June 18, 2012, 05:58:56 PM »
I think the margin is greater than 4%. Obummer is going to lose badly because the economy and jobs will be the main issues.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #1473 on: June 18, 2012, 06:33:55 PM »
I found this tidbit instructive:

A president’s Job Approval rating is one of the best indicators for assessing his chances of reelection. Typically, the president’s Job Approval rating on Election Day will be close to the share of the vote he receives. Currently, 46% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the president's job performance. Fifty-three percent (53%) at least somewhat disapprove (see trends).
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #1474 on: June 18, 2012, 06:41:17 PM »
Romney is starting to pull away. He will continue to do so, and will win by a landslide in November.