Author Topic: Obama is losing a battle he doesn't know he's in  (Read 23038 times)

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
Re: Obama is losing a battle he doesn't know he's in
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2009, 07:02:32 PM »
And Halle Berry ran as the 1st black actress to win an Oscar, even though she's mixed and her black father abandoned her white mother leaving her to raise her alone.

Yes, and that bothers me about her.  It seems like most interracial people consider themselves black if they have any black in their blood.  Halle Berry and Barrack Obama are hardly the only two who did this.
I worked with a girl who was mixed black and white...and her appearance was white.  But she still considered herself black because her father was black.

I don't get it...but it's how they see themselves and how they want the world to acknowledge them.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2009, 07:33:29 PM »
Yes, and that bothers me about her.  It seems like most interracial people consider themselves black if they have any black in their blood.  Halle Berry and Barrack Obama are hardly the only two who did this.
I worked with a girl who was mixed black and white...and her appearance was white.  But she still considered herself black because her father was black.

I don't get it...but it's how they see themselves and how they want the world to acknowledge them.

I think its leftover from the days of segregation and slavery - where if you were 1/16 black, you were all black.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2009, 05:03:14 PM »
Obama was burned in effigy back in 2007

Protesters burn effigies of Rep. Tom Tancredo of Colorado, Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois and President Bush in Lahore, Pakistan, on Aug. 5, 2007.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Redstatecka

• Thanks, Dad!
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2009, 07:55:30 PM »
link

I'll give the 'Arab Street' 3 months before they start burning Obama effigies.

Jan. 13, Obama's picture burned in Iran and his photo run over by vehicles.
"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ! For this very reason, peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity and freedom of worship here." -- Patrick Henry, 1765