Author Topic: The Excuses are STarting  (Read 2530 times)

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
The Excuses are STarting
« on: November 05, 2008, 06:26:54 PM »
The media is already covering his ass and lowering expectations.  What a shock!  :whatever:

Can they at least wait till Inauguration Day?  :whatever:

It will be hard to create jobs
Unemployment is likely to rise during the first year of Obama's term, no matter what steps he takes.

Last Updated: November 5, 2008: 2:49 PM ET

Economists say there are limits to what President-elect Obama can do to stop job losses during his first year in office.
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Here's the challenge facing President-elect Barack Obama as he weighs how to create more jobs: another half-million jobs likely will be lost between now and Inauguration Day.

That's not even counting the 200,000 jobs that economists believe employers trimmed last month, according to estimates from Briefing.com. The October jobs report will be released this Friday.

The unemployment rate is expected to climb to 6.3% from 6.1% and match the worst reading of the decade. And economists all seem to agree the worst is yet to come.

At some point next year the unemployment rate is forecast to pass 7%, a level not seen since 1993.

And monthly job losses of 200,000 or more are expected to become the norm, not the exception, as the full impact of the credit crisis is felt more keenly on Main Street.

Economists generally believe there's little Obama can do to stop more job losses in the short-term, even if he's able to get a new economic stimulus package passed by the lame-duck Congress and signed into law by President Bush.

"Superman couldn't change what's in store for the U.S. economy. It's going to be ugly," said Rich Yamarone, director of economic research at Argus Research.

MORE

« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 06:31:36 PM by Hawkgirl »

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: The Excuses are STarting
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 06:29:35 PM »
I would LOVE to take Triumph the Insult Dog to the unemployment lines next week and ask "so, who did you vote for?"

Sorry, but when someone buries themselves and just leaves a bare arm and a shovel above ground, I feel it is fitting and proper to exercise a little schadenfreude.

On edit:  ASK not AS -- what an ASS I am sometimes!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 06:57:34 PM by freedumb2003 »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 06:35:48 PM »
I would LOVE to take Triumph the Insult Dog to the unemployment lines next week and as "so, who did you vote for?"

:rotf:

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 06:52:52 PM »
I must have missed something here.

I was under the impression, from the Obamaite primitives and the Obamaites, that the Big Zero could walk on water.

It seems to me if one can walk on water, things like fixing the economy would be child's play.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 06:58:21 PM »
Where's the planet healer now?  :whatever:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgR0Q4LUSlk[/youtube]

I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 07:00:11 PM »
Obama: the dog that chased a car and caught a freight train.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline BillW

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 10:46:41 PM »
Anyone up for a wager about how long the libs get away with blaming everything on Bush? I’m guessing the people and the media will get tired of that excuse in about 18 months.

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 11:52:33 PM »
Anyone up for a wager about how long the libs get away with blaming everything on Bush? I’m guessing the people and the media will get tired of that excuse in about 18 months.

I'm betting at least 4 years. "Bush screwed it up so bad, it takes time!" and all that nonsense. BTW, did ya post at another conservative site BillW?

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 02:25:30 AM »
Jobs?  Whoever said Big 0 voters wanted jobs anyway?  They just expect a check drawn on the paychecks of those who DO work.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 06:12:30 AM »
He pretty much said it would take time (maybe a year, a whole term or two terms - yikes) to heal the planet and pilfer, I mean, make America better.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 08:18:39 AM »

They'll TRY it for the entire four year Obamanation.  The American people won't buy it past mid-2009.

And welcome to CC, Bill!
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 08:27:09 AM »
I see it like a new coach taking over a 4-12 football team and Obama is the new coach. Everyone is willing to give the coach the benefit of the doubt for the first year but the record must be at least 4-12 at the end of the season. After that, fans and owners expect to see improvements. 7-9 would be an improvement followed by 10-6 maybe? then 12-4. America is capable of going 14-2 or 16-0 every year, winning the SuperBowl and we all know it. We expect it.

If by next year it looks like we're stuck at 4-12 or worse, Americans are gonna lose their patience and start demanding real change, fast!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2008, 08:35:31 AM »

About March, toward the end of that proverbial "First Hundred Days," assuming there is not an extraordinary international event that works out badly for us to hasten it.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2008, 08:42:18 AM »
Except we get to retort:

But you said you were aware of what was wrong and that you knew exactly how fix it. Did you lie to us?

They can try to worm-out by saying they were unaware of the extent of the damage but Obama spent a lot of time acting unaware of his surroundings so as to distance himself from Wright, Ayers, etc.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2008, 12:12:09 PM »
The expectation was WAY TOO HIGH. The euphoria is slowly waning.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Tnafbrat

• Mama D, Evil Queen and Resident Raghead
  • Don't make me get my flying monkeys
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 02:00:24 PM »
I would LOVE to take Triumph the Insult Dog to the unemployment lines next week and ask "so, who did you vote for?"

Sorry, but when someone buries themselves and just leaves a bare arm and a shovel above ground, I feel it is fitting and proper to exercise a little schadenfreude.

On edit:  ASK not AS -- what an ASS I am sometimes!

:rotf:  :cheersmate:  :rotf:
Never argue with idiots.  They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Buy me stuff and I'll be nicer!

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 02:34:28 PM »
I see it like a new coach taking over a 4-12 football team and Obama is the new coach. Everyone is willing to give the coach the benefit of the doubt for the first year but the record must be at least 4-12 at the end of the season. After that, fans and owners expect to see improvements. 7-9 would be an improvement followed by 10-6 maybe? then 12-4. America is capable of going 14-2 or 16-0 every year, winning the SuperBowl and we all know it. We expect it.

If by next year it looks like we're stuck at 4-12 or worse, Americans are gonna lose their patience and start demanding real change, fast!

A good coach can turn a team around within a year or two. Orgeron completely f'ed up Ole Miss. Houston Nutt, in his first year, has as many SEC wins as Orgeron the entire 3 years he was there and has us on a path to bowl eligibility.

Barack is Ed Orgeron.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Tnafbrat

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2008, 02:46:26 PM »
A good coach can turn a team around within a year or two. Orgeron completely f'ed up Ole Miss. Houston Nutt, in his first year, has as many SEC wins as Orgeron the entire 3 years he was there and has us on a path to bowl eligibility.

Barack is Ed Orgeron.

Actually,  I was thinking Fulmer
Never argue with idiots.  They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2008, 03:21:26 PM »

Hey Bill, it's me Green Bay Packers Rule from RN.

Welcome man!

Hey yall, BillW is the Man.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2008, 03:24:51 PM »
Actually,  I was thinking Fulmer

Fulmer's SEC record is a little better than 3-21.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Tnafbrat

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2008, 03:31:25 PM »
true that!  :cheersmate:

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2008, 03:32:09 PM »

They will blame Bush forever.  If there is a terrorist strike on U.S. soil beofre the 2012 election it will be George W Bush's fault.  When the Gov't gives 25 BILLION DOLLARS to GM to keep their union company afloat it will be GWB's fault - when barack fails to produce ANY measurable possitive results it will be blamed on Bush.

nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2008, 03:40:29 PM »
There's already a reaction. The Stock Market is DOWN hundreds more points. Every Obamanut plan for the economy is a killer for that three letter word "J-O-B-S" . The Obamanuts are slicing their own throats and are HAPPY about it!