Author Topic: Prosecutors talking to Rezko, seek to delay sentencing  (Read 1063 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Prosecutors talking to Rezko, seek to delay sentencing
« on: October 08, 2008, 10:28:18 AM »
the full truth of the rezko-obama relationship probably wouldn't do any more damage than the truth
of the obama-ayers relationship, or the obama-wright relationship.  nothing is sticking to the guy.
the timing of rezko's sentencing could have been a wild card just before the election, but even that
looks as though it won't break in out favor.

Prosecutors talking to Rezko, seek to delay sentencing

Federal prosecutors asked a judge Monday to indefinitely postpone Tony Rezko's scheduled Oct. 28 sentencing on corruption charges, acknowledging they are engaged in talks with the former top political fund-raiser for Sen. Barack Obama, Gov. Blagojevich and others "that could affect . . . sentencing."

The Chicago Sun-Times first reported in August that Rezko might be cooperating with prosecutors. Since then, the talks, and the prosecution's efforts to confirm information Rezko has provided, have been an open secret. In September, sources close to the investigation confirmed the talks to the Sun-Times but said there was no deal with Rezko.

The 53-year-old Wilmette businessman, who at one time was a top adviser to Blagojevich, was convicted in June of wide-ranging corruption tied to state deals. He could face a lengthy prison term and still faces two more criminal trials.

Several criminal-defense lawyers, who spoke to the Sun-Times only on the condition they not be named, said prosecutors have asked to interview or reinterview their clients about allegations that Blagojevich's campaign took contributions in exchange for state contracts or appointments. One lawyer said prosecutors told him they sought the interview in response to new information provided by Rezko.
If a judge agrees to delay Rezko's sentencing, it could be good news for Democratic presidential nominee Obama because the former Obama friend and fund-raiser was set to be sentenced just days before the Nov. 4 election.

More

Offline thundley4

Re: Prosecutors talking to Rezko, seek to delay sentencing
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 10:50:17 AM »
It still amazes me that they found enough to convict Rezko on various charges, but nothing linked Obama or Gov. Blowabitch to anything criminal.   :banghead:

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 10:58:25 AM »
It still amazes me that they found enough to convict Rezko on various charges, but nothing linked Obama or Gov. Blowabitch to anything criminal.   :banghead:

I think he is probably rolling on Blagojevich right now.  just a guess, but I would think that he is in much more trouble than The BarackStar!

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 11:00:20 AM »
I think he is probably rolling on Blagojevich right now.  just a guess, but I would think that he is in much more trouble than The BarackStar!

That's what I'm thinking as well.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."