Author Topic: Why I'm not angry about the NY Court of Appeals ruling......  (Read 91 times)

Offline CC27

Why I'm not angry about the NY Court of Appeals ruling......
« on: March 26, 2024, 10:43:11 AM »
brooklynite (93,753 posts)

Why I'm not angry about the NY Court of Appeals ruling......
1) This is about the Appeal BOND, not the Judgement. The full $454 M judgement still stands, pending appeal.

2) Because of the Bond, the NY Attorney General will collect 1/3 of the entire judgement immediately upon denial of the appeal. There wasn't going to be a fast collection if the Bond haven't been issued, given the complexity of Trump's real estate holdings.

3) the New York Court of Appeals is made up of Democrats, appointed by Democratic Governors. If they thought this ruling was appropriate, I'm going to accept their legal judgement.

https://conservativecave.com/cave/index.php?action=post;board=10.0

If you're not mad then why post this crap?

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: Why I'm not angry about the NY Court of Appeals ruling......
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2024, 10:45:56 AM »

3) the New York Court of Appeals is made up of Democrats, appointed by Democratic Governors.

It sounds like a kangaroo court to me. The prosecutor and the judge were way out of line with this whole thing. There was no crime committed.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

Re: Why I'm not angry about the NY Court of Appeals ruling......
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2024, 11:36:31 AM »
Putting high-end mayo on a crap sandwich doesn't make it something other than a crap sandwich. Letitia James won't be locking and chaining Trump Tower or MaL, so DUmmies' wet-dream fantasies dashed.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jukin

3) the New York Court of Appeals is made up of Democrats, appointed by Democratic Governors.

One more reason to never do business or step foot in NYS.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.