Current Events > Breaking News

The woke war against JK Rowling has utterly failed... and here’s the proof

(1/3) > >>

Texacon:

--- Quote ---https://www.yahoo.com/news/woke-war-against-jk-rowling-070000904.html

The woke war against JK Rowling has utterly failed... and here’s the proof

If ever proof were needed that Twitter is not the real world, here it is. For months, legions of militant online activists furiously campaigned for a boycott of Hogwarts Legacy, the new Harry Potter video game, in protest against JK Rowling’s alleged transphobia. News of this boycott was widely covered in the media both here and in the US. So how well did it go?

Put it like this. The game was finally released two weeks ago. And so far, it has sold an astonishing 12 million copies, making it by far the biggest game of the year to date.

So, in short: no, the boycott did not work out entirely as planned. In fact, it’s hard to imagine how it could have backfired more spectacularly. For all their shrill, self-pitying demands, the anti-Rowling activists have been trounced. Ordinary people, out in the real world, simply didn’t care what they thought. A salutary lesson, you might hope, for all those businesses that quake in fear of displeasing the social media mob. Come to think of it, I wonder whether I can persuade these same activists to announce that they’re boycotting my columns. That should send Telegraph subscriptions through the roof.

<<<SNIP>>>

--- End quote ---

Good article and if more reporters/opinion writers would write like this, some of the woke BS would probably stop.

KC

Old n Grumpy:
If the woke mob heard, we don’t care what you think more often they would go away :thatsright:

Eupher:
I despise her politics (she's an unabashed proglodyte -- without the sexual angles --) but she puts her money where her mouth is.

She was once the richest woman in the world, but she gave away so much money that that "distinction" or "ranking" has been reduced.

Good on her. I respect consistency and principle, even when the politics don't quite align with mine.

Old n Grumpy:
People need to understand that the internet and specially social media is not the real world. Just because a few people put up a fuss about something it doesn’t mean it’s mainstream  :thatsright:

RuralNc:

--- Quote from: Old n Grumpy on February 28, 2023, 11:30:23 AM ---People need to understand that the internet and specially social media is not the real world. Just because a few people put up a fuss about something it doesn’t mean it’s mainstream  :thatsright:

--- End quote ---

The internet, especially Social Media, is a damn curse on humanity. Far as im concerned.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version