The Bar > The Lounge

4:30 A.M. Pastries out..

(1/5) > >>

RuralNc:
So, its 4:30 in the morning. Last of the Pastries are out of the oven. Got their first coating of powdered sugar. Once they cool down, they will get a couple more coats. Cant have enough.

Anyhow, I often wonder, when does morning start? I started the coffee pot at 3:00, mostly because im a coffee drinking fool. But at around 11 PM I was drinking Ice Tea. So, again, where is the defining line, when does morning start?

Back to your regularly scheduled program..

Eupher:
I'm an early bird too, though lately I've been sleeping in till 5 AM. I don't get the coffee going until Mrs. E gets up, which is usually around 7 AM.

I have one large cup of coffee per day. That's it. Sometimes some iced tea and even more rarely hot tea, but generally nothing but water after 6 PM.

That reminds me. I need to bake another loaf of bread. This is out of the America's Test Kitchen cookbook of 2020, I think:

"Almost No-Knead Bread" (this recipe is doubled from the original)

720 g bread flour
1.5 cups water
0.5 cups beer
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp yeast
2 tbsp vinegar

Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add the liquid ingredients, mixing well. Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm place (I use our oven with the oven light on) for at least 8 hours up to 18 hours.

Uncover and turn out on a generously-floured board. The dough will be sticky. Shape into a loaf-sized mass or a round with minimal kneading. Place the loaf on parchment paper sprayed with vegetable spray. If you prefer a loaf versus a round (we do), place inside a loaf pan which, in turn, is placed inside a suitably-sized dutch oven. Otherwise, put the round loaf on parchment paper inside a dutch oven. Cover the loaf with plastic wrap and put back in the oven with the oven light on. Proof for 2 hours.

Remove the plastic wrap. Cover the dutch oven and bake at 425 deg. for about 40 min. Do NOT pre-heat the oven -- if you do, you'll burn the bread. After 40 min., remove the cover and bake another 20-25 minutes or until the internal temperature reads 105-110 deg.

Place on a wire rack to cool.

This bread is easy to make, but it yields a crusty loaf, especially when warm.

freedumb2003b:

--- Quote from: RuralNc on February 25, 2023, 03:33:43 AM ---So, its 4:30 in the morning. Last of the Pastries are out of the oven. Got their first coating of powdered sugar. Once they cool down, they will get a couple more coats. Cant have enough.

Anyhow, I often wonder, when does morning start? I started the coffee pot at 3:00, mostly because im a coffee drinking fool. But at around 11 PM I was drinking Ice Tea. So, again, where is the defining line, when does morning start?

--- End quote ---

graveyard shift in a donut shop?

ABC-2:

--- Quote from: RuralNc on February 25, 2023, 03:33:43 AM ---So, its 4:30 in the morning. Last of the Pastries are out of the oven. Got their first coating of powdered sugar. Once they cool down, they will get a couple more coats. Cant have enough.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote --- So, again, where is the defining line, when does morning start?
--- End quote ---

It should start whenever you on your own, or your pre-set alarm clock wakes you up! 

My  2 cents worth anyway!   :-)

~ ABC

ABC-2:
Should also add, depending on your age as a male ...

And you get up a few inconvenient times to "piddle"  :-) in the night against your will.

Then of course, you had better rely on your alarm as well when needed, just in case!  :lmao:

~ ABC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version