Current Events > Breaking News

Kavanaugh Accuser Admits to Lying, Faces Criminal Charges

(1/3) > >>

Ptarmigan:
Kavanaugh Accuser Admits to Lying, Faces Criminal Charges
https://headlineusa.com/democrats-kavanaugh-accuser-lied-criminal/

--- Quote ---(Molly Bruns, Headline USA) Judy Monro-Leighton, one of three women who accused now-Justice Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault, was found to have lied during a congressional investigation and is now being charged with making materially false statements and obstruction.

According to The Beltway Report, a letter written by Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, made a criminal referral against Monro-Leighton, who admitted that she “just wanted to get attention.”

She also admitted that an anonymous letter she sent to then-Sen. Kamala Harris describing a graphic sexual assault by Kavanaugh and a friend was not written by her, despite her original claim of being “Jane Doe from Oceanside, California.”

“No, no, no. I did that as a way to grab attention,” Munro-Leighton explained when questioned by investigators of the Committee on the Judiciary. “I am not Jane Doe… but I did read Jane Doe’s letter. I read the transcript of the call to your committee… I saw it online. It was news.”
--- End quote ---

One of Bret Kavanaugh's accuser, Judy Monro-Leighton, is facing criminal charges.

ADsOutburst:
Is anyone surprised?

Drafe Hoblin:
Levy a crippling fine.  No mercy.

Texacon:
Is this the second one to admit they lied?  I thought one kind of admitted it shortly after confirmation.

KC

DefiantSix:

--- Quote from: Drafe Hoblin on February 20, 2023, 09:36:57 PM ---Levy a crippling fine.  No mercy.

--- End quote ---

Bull.

The penalty for false accusations like this should be no less than the MAXIMUM penalty the accused faced, had the charges proved true.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version