Author Topic: There should be a "Radio Free Florida"  (Read 719 times)

Offline CC27

There should be a "Radio Free Florida"
« on: February 02, 2023, 08:12:39 AM »
Tom Rinaldo (22,561 posts)

There should be a "Radio Free Florida"

Yeah I know that there are far easier and more effective ways to combat censorship and get real information to people when it is being suppressed, but the tag line "Radio Free _____" is deeply ingrained in people, especially in a place like Florida with a long history of supporting efforts to broadcast "the truth" into communist Cuba.

The wattage of the station can be tiny, it's the symbolism that counts. The free publicity Radio Free Florida could generate would dwarf any actual listener numbers. Feature readings from books banned in Florida school and public libraries, and the actual history of race in America.

There also could be informational booklets stuffed into corked bottles released off shore to float onto Florida beaches. Anything to put a spotlight on DeSantis.

There are probably at least a dozen reasons why this may not make any sense, but I can't get the phrase Radio Free Florida out of my mind, lol.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217609423

I suggest you move to Cuba ASAP.  :whatever:

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Re: There should be a "Radio Free Florida"
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2023, 08:22:42 AM »
Y'all tried that already with Airheads America, DUmbass.  It was supposed to be the "Democratic counter the Rush Limbaugh" and his "propaganda". It went bankrupt because nobody wants to listen to your commie bastard bullshit.

:popcorn:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2023, 09:22:01 AM »
Y'all tried that already with Airheads America, DUmbass.  It was supposed to be the "Democratic counter the Rush Limbaugh" and his "propaganda". It went bankrupt because nobody wants to listen to your commie bastard bullshit.

You see, libtards live in a bubble. As long as everyone in the bubble thinks the same, they think everyone thinks the way they do.

They don't understand theirs is a very small, but vocal, persistent and violence-prone bubble. They are shocked to find out other people have far different ideas.

It's like Custer thought nobody could beat his army when they went to Little Big Horn. His first words were, "Where the f8ck did all these indians come from". Or, in the abridged version, he said, "uh-oh".

The indians weren't inside Custers bubble and had far different ideas.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2023, 09:29:26 AM »
There should be a a liberal free, Florida! :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2023, 09:41:47 AM »
NPR is 24/7 leftard.

Online Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2023, 10:12:34 AM »
Now I wish I'd saved the video I saw this week of two thugs in a car, filming themselves listening to a hip-hop song that was cranked so loud that the car's airbags deployed... 

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2023, 10:20:01 AM »

Good post Defiant ... :clap: :clap:

Especially liked "Airheads America," and " It went bankrupt because nobody wants to listen to your commie bastard bullshit. "

~ ABC  :hi5:

Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2023, 10:57:16 AM »
Good post Defiant ... :clap: :clap:

Especially liked "Airheads America," and " It went bankrupt because nobody wants to listen to your commie bastard bullshit. "

~ ABC  :hi5:

Well that and they stole $ from boys and girls organizations.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2023, 11:38:01 AM »
NPR is 24/7 leftard.

Right down to purpetually leeching off the taxpayer's tit, just like 80% of the useless eaters on the left.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2023, 11:53:03 AM »
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline jukin

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2023, 11:53:53 AM »
There should be a a liberal free, Florida! :thatsright:

I'm all for liberals being in Florida, just not democrats.

The two are completely different species.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Online Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2023, 12:08:23 PM »

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2023, 01:00:02 PM »
You see, libtards live in a bubble. As long as everyone in the bubble thinks the same, they think everyone thinks the way they do.

They don't understand theirs is a very small, but vocal, persistent and violence-prone bubble. They are shocked incensed to find out other people have far different ideas.

It's like Custer thought nobody could beat his army when they went to Little Big Horn. His first words were, "Where the f8ck did all these indians come from". Or, in the abridged version, he said, "uh-oh".

The indians weren't inside Custers bubble and had far different ideas.

FIFY 
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2023, 02:09:48 PM »
There are probably at least a dozen reasons why this may not make any sense

Yes, particularly the latter.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2023, 12:07:10 PM »
" Feature readings from books banned in Florida school and public libraries, and the actual history of race in America."
That's rich, considering that a) Leftists have always been the ones big on banning books from school and public libraries (i.e. Their efforts to get 'To Kill a Mockingbird' and 'The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn' banned because they contain the "N" word), and their advocacy of cancel culture is the epitome of widespread censorship, and b) Speaking as someone with a B.A. in History who unofficially specialized in American history, I can confidently say that the "history of race in America" they want to teach is a total crock. They believe everything should be dumbed down and bigoted down to just "America has always been an evil racist Nazi nation, and all white people everywhere are pure evil monsters responsible for everything wrong with the world, who should all be severely punished because slavery and genocide of Native Americans happened centuries ago." America's history, like the history of all nations, has a lot of good and bad points. The Left believes in focusing exclusively and obsessively on the bad, and using it as an excuse to justify hatred and bigotry.

"There also could be informational booklets stuffed into corked bottles released off shore to float onto Florida beaches. Anything to put a spotlight on DeSantis."
Yeah, because it's not like there's already a ton of garbage in our oceans, polluting the water and presenting a choking hazard to marine life, let's go ahead and throw some more in there!
Oh, and of course, my fellow Floridians will be eager to see their beautiful beaches covered with washed- up bottles and litter (Including, if the bottles are made of glass, lots of broken glass perfect for slicing open the bare feet of people walking along the beach)! They're gonna LOVE you for that!
Sarc, obviously.
To think, these same leftist hypocrites likely view themselves as champions of the environment.

With its decline further accelerated by its scandals, such as its leaders stealing money from a children's charity to try and keep themselves in business.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 05:38:13 PM by Movie buff- The Sequel »

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2023, 01:20:14 PM »
How about a DUmmy free Florida instead.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.