Author Topic: BREAKING: George Santos to Step Down From Committee Assignments  (Read 472 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
BREAKING: George Santos to Step Down From Committee Assignments
« on: January 31, 2023, 11:01:13 AM »
Squish McCarthy caves to the Dems and to the other squishes. Was there really ever any doubt?  :whatever:

According to a source familiar with the situation, embattled New York Republican Rep. George Santos informed House Republicans on Tuesday that he will resign from his committee positions.

Santos reportedly told House Republicans in a closed-door meeting that will step down from his positions on the House Small Business Committee and the House Science, Space, and Technology Committee because “he’s a distraction” after it was revealed after his election that several aspects of his resume are fabrications.

Santos has faced numerous calls for his resignation, even from within the Republican Party despite the Republicans’ extremely slim majority in the House.

House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.) even made issue of the fact that Speaker Kevin McCarthy allowed Santos to serve on committees while refusing to sit Reps. Swalwell (D-Calif.) and Schiff (D-Calif.) on the House Intelligence Committee.

“At the same time that Republicans have threatened to deny seats on the Intelligence Committee to clearly qualified democratic members, serial fraudster George Santos has been placed on two standing committees of the House and welcomed into your conference,” Jeffries said. “The apparent double standard risks undermining the spirit of bipartisan cooperation that is so desperately needed in Congress.”

Santos’s stepping down from his committee assignments isn’t likely to stop calls for his resignation from Congress. Republicans don’t want to be associated with Santos, and Democrats see this situation as an opportunity to chip away at the GOP’s slim majority, not that it changes the fact that Democrats have voted for, elected, and reelected liars, rapists, crooks, pedophiles, racists, and murderers in the past.

This story is developing.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2023/01/31/breaking-george-santos-to-step-down-from-committee-assignments-n1666550

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: BREAKING: George Santos to Step Down From Committee Assignments
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 04:57:37 PM »
Now that he is off the committees, he can focus full-time on lining his pockets.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2023, 06:51:50 PM »
Anyone know how this Cat got elected? Seems like he just showed up...

I do know one thing, he has one enduring quality. His ability to piss off the Inhabitants of the Island.  :naughty:

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2023, 06:06:42 AM »
I'm not a New Yorker, so I couldn't even hazard a guess why a confirmed liar and grifter got elected to Congress.

And why a dead guy got elected to a state legislature.

Could it be that many, perhaps even most voters on Long Island, aren't paying attention?

And could that problem be rampant across much of America, ESPECIALLY in urban areas?  :whistling:

And if so, who runs those urban hellholes like NYC, LA, Detroit, Baltimore, DC, and San Fransicko?

I'm just gonna leave that one right there.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/dead-man-wins-reelection-as-pennsylvania-state-representative/ar-AA13XHGm

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2023, 07:53:39 AM »
I'm not a New Yorker, so I couldn't even hazard a guess why a confirmed liar and grifter got elected to Congress.

And why a dead guy got elected to a state legislature.

Could it be that many, perhaps even most voters on Long Island, aren't paying attention?

And could that problem be rampant across much of America, ESPECIALLY in urban areas?  :whistling:

And if so, who runs those urban hellholes like NYC, LA, Detroit, Baltimore, DC, and San Fransicko?

I'm just gonna leave that one right there.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/dead-man-wins-reelection-as-pennsylvania-state-representative/ar-AA13XHGm

Who knows? Maybe he’s lying about his political affiliation.

(That was tongue-in-cheek, but since he lied about virtually everything else, it wouldn’t surprise me :-)).

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2023, 05:39:55 PM »
Who knows? Maybe he’s lying about his political affiliation.

(That was tongue-in-cheek, but since he lied about virtually everything else, it wouldn’t surprise me :-)).

Who knows. Maybe he is an actual Russian plant, as the DUmmies insist.  :whatever: